The North Face
Happiness rating is 71 out of 100

The North Face Employee Reviews

United States467 reviews

I enjoyed it

This was a nice work environment. The only problem for me was the commute. I lived in Maryland and Tyson’s corner takes about 2 hours on the metro. Other than that great experience

Fast pace work environment

It was really fun working here and I really enjoyed the people I worked with. I’m 17 years old and I would say this really helped me to learn and grow from All sorts of experiences

Pros

Easy Food availability at mall

Cons

Management is a bit weird

The North Face insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment

Productive and fun work environment

Loved working here. Great co workers and work atmosphere. Enjoyed meeting diverse groups of customers and speaking with them. Great benefits for working here.

Fun

If you enjoy outdoor gear and outdoors in general then its a good place to work. Hours are good and you still have freetime after work. One of the better retail jobs. Great discount as well.

Its a job, they let you know you’re disposable as workers and constantly cut pay

Pay could definitely be better, management definitely schedules some people more than others, they expect you to do work above your pay level. Would not recommend

Pros

Pto if you work for two months

Cons

No benefits for part time workers- just full time

They are very careless about employees

There very Unaware as far as the management and they all give themselves hours so regular sales associate had to fight and earn for hours . There was at least 25 people I seen working there at the same time and they have no diversity what so ever and most of the African American employees rarely are respected .

Free uniform

Higher up management pressure stores too much Very very boring when quiet. People mess up your handiwork. Lots of micromanaging… Limited uniform selection..

Pros

Free uniform

Cons

Very boring when quiet

Horrible workplace

North Face is not a company worth working for. They have horrible pay, horrible management, and everyone working there has horrible politics. Specific stores throughout the US have horrible management. The one in Cherry Creek Mall in Denver as well as the one in Aventura Mall in Miami have simply awful Store Managers. Wouldn’t ever ever ever recommend working there again.

Pros

Nothing.

Cons

Literally nothing good about management at North Face. Horrible leadership all around, starting with the Store Manager

Fun work place

Flexible work hours, decent amount of breaks through a shift. You get a huge employee discount. Gained knowledge about specific materials that keep you warm or dry.

Pros

50% discount

Cons

Shortage of product

VF takes care of their people

VF takes care of their people. I just don’t feel like there’s growth at my particular store or district. The 401k matching and the insurance is great. There’s a great work life balance too. I just don’t like my store.

Pros

Compensation

Cons

Poor traffic. Ridiculous sales goals.

Overall one of the better retail jobs to work at

I enjoyed working for this company. My manager was understanding when I had things come up in my family and helped me a lot when I needed it. I liked the staff I worked with as we would try to plan hangs out together such as snowboarding trips or rock climbing get together. Feel a sense of community here however, the worst part was all the shop lifting. You have to watch out for shoplifters and corporate rarely assigned guards, especially during the holiday season. Instead of helping customers, I had to multitask everything and it made me burn out.

Pros

Staff, sense of community, reimbursement for an outdoor activity

Cons

Lack of security guards

Great company to work for

Sure it's retail, so there are those hours in most retail jobs. HOWEVER! Every day was great for me for the four years I worked there. I advanced quickly and truly enjoyed almost every aspect of the job, from the sales floor to management. Not to mention the considerable discount and clothing allotment employees receive fantastically.

Pros

Clothing, discounts and free clothes.

Cons

It's retail. But one of the best and most excellent retail companies on the planet.

Good pay

overall good company to work for and mostly positive upper management but limited hours can make it difficult to work there. good entry level for high schoolers

Pros

good culture

Cons

very limited full time staff - no benefits offered

Weak management

Weak management, also the pay was terrible. No room to advance to a higher position. The best thing about working at The Northface was interacting with coworkers and also the customers who were from all over the globe.

Poor Pay, 4.5 hour shifts

Worked at TNF in Berkeley as a seasonal temp. Minimum wage, and 4.5 shifts. Paychecks were around $400 every 2 weeks for someone that was part-time. The management was clicky and immature, but what can you expect it’s retail.

People were favorited. Nobody’s treated the same and co workers will make you feel weird.

Was not allowed to talk to coworkers. Would get zoned differently if i was seen talking to any other worker. Got treated differently for months and everyone there made me feel as if i didn’t belong.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Bad work environment

good starter job

it’s a good starter job but there’s no room for growth. a lot of empty promises and. you do way more than what you’re paid for. the coworkers are good but not enough to stay

okay place

The place is just your typical part-time job. Mostly worked to earn money and get in and out. Mandatory to have your availability open for weekends and at least 2 days within the week. Management needs work for sure. Whenever there is a problem within the work environment, it will be a back and forth between HR, manager and district manager as well. HR isn't for the employees but to protect the company.

Dont care about employees

They will hire on new employees at a hire pay then current employees and jot care at all. Some managers can have favorites and they dont care at all.

Pros

The discount

Cons

Breaks, they dont care how management treats employees. Fm

0 progression, company held together with duct tape

Worked for 4+ years, pay is minimum wage or just over with no progression or chance at progression. Stay away from here. Yes you get 50% discount on everything but your hopes and dreams will die in this company.Work life depends on your team

Cons

Bad pay. Read my review

great retail job

I really enjoyed my time here. All the staffs were great, and it felt like one big family. Management was also very supportive and will take the time educate and train you on product knowledge. Holidays can get a bit stressful, but that's just how retail is.

Pros

benefits are great

Cons

short hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The North Face. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at The North Face.
Powered byComparably