The North Face Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great place to work with people who are enthusiastic about the outdoors
Junior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  CardiffJuly 20, 2018
I worked with a great team, we all shared a passion for the outdoors and adventure activities which helped sell the products.
The products are great so easy to sell once you know all the features.
I was promoted within the company, as were 3 of my coworkers so theres great advancement opportunities. I got the chance to be mentored by my store manager until I ready to step up as a supervisor and that opened the door in to management work for me.
Pros
Great company ethics, promotes within, training, great atmosphere
Cons
unstable hours, short hour contracts, weekend and holiday work
Temporary Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 12, 2018
Though it is fun working at The North Face, it's the employees that make your experience amazing. No what matter how rude nor threatening the customer would be, the employees had your back and would make all the bad situations seem irrelevant. This is a very exciting job to work at but only if you are comfortable being a sales associate only. If you want to move up you might have to find somewhere else to go or relocate to a different store. You have to be ok with cleaning up after customers and keep an open mind to the many constant questions that reoccur. Stay patient and look happy and the customers will do the same as well.
Pros
Great products, friendly coworkers, dress code is lenient, fun.
Cons
Recovering, upset customers, policies.
Good job
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 10, 2018
Relaxed not stressful just get the job done type of attitudes you get from the managers which is also a positive vibe the managers are all fair an understanding
good environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Ysidro, CAJuly 3, 2018
it had good staff and a good environment it was manly a summer job kind of thing but i had to leave in order to pursue my desired career which was an automotive technician
Great Company, Great Products
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAJune 23, 2018
The education TNF puts retail members through can be extensive, but with little reward. Most of the time it's over-education, as the consumer wants to only know the basics
Pros
I loved this job, just no room to move upward
Cons
No upward movement
Great Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  McClean, VAJune 22, 2018
Fun, customer service oriented. Motivated workers by offering incentives for top sellers. A team focused environment that was supported by management.
Excellent place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Wrentham, MAJune 18, 2018
If you have any experience or skills that would make you valuable in this role, now is the time to mention it. Worry less about ‘uniqueness’ and focus on value. Add impressiveness to your answer and make them remember you by incorporating proof of how what you have is valuable, and describe it in terms of numbers, dollars, or percentages.

You could be getting SHUT OUT of the hiring process without even knowing it. Watch this free webinar on-demand to find out what could be holding you back and how to start landing job offers! WATCH NOW
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXJune 11, 2018
The North Face is a great place to work weather you’re looking for a first job, a college student or just looking to get a job. The management is awesome, they work with your schedule and they keep you on track no matter what you have going on. Great team building but it all starts with great leaders which is provided as soon as you’re hired! Overall great place to work
Fun, friendly work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJune 11, 2018
Working at the North Face has been an enjoyable time, I enjoy the staff and management, along with the brand and the message the company drives. Although I do wish we did have bigger sizes in Outlet stores as customers are always asking for them.
Pros
Discount, Flexible with your schedule, Good management
Cons
Not many hours at certain times
Fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tannersville, PAJune 9, 2018
The managers were great at managing the store. It was a very uplifting work place. The staff was very nice. We got very good discounts at other stores.
Pros
Discounts
Nice place to work great people and great customers from all over the world, product is great
Retail Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 9, 2018
Fun place to work daily work day at Northface consist of running registers, helping customers, driving sales, recieving and shipping of product and managing associates.
Pros
Hour lunches and get to meet great people from around the workd
Cons
No set working hours
A productive goal-based business
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 6, 2018
I could connect with people and help them find what best suited their needs. I learned how to better my communication skills and customer service abilities
Pros
Positive staff
Typical retail job with little opportunity for advancement
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lonesome Gulch, ORJune 4, 2018
The product is good but the management is poor. Corporate doesn't have a clue on how operations in a store should or do operate. Too much time spent on chasing trends and not enough on improving the shopping experience for customers. Training is slapped together and is just an item to check off for the training office.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Poor communication and follow-through from upper management
Great company
Sales Associate, Stock (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLMay 11, 2018
Super corporate but has a lot of benefits. Its a retail job so youre gonna be on your feet all day and deal with certain irrate customers overall the company consistently test on product knowledge and host meetings with prizes for achieving store goals and standards.
Horrible Experience
Product Manager - The JUMP Team (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CAMay 9, 2018
TNF was one of the worst work experiences that I've ever had. I was hired in and the person that hired me announced she was leaving shortly after. I was not properly trained and not properly supervised. I had many personal issues arise during my first couple of weeks during employment and did not get the proper support through these issues. For it being such a well known organization, the company was completely unorganized. The systems don't speak to each other. The employees don't talk to each other. The organization itself doesn't properly communicate with other companies under the same umbrella - TNF is owned by VF Corporation, which is a large owner of many brands. The compensation is not where it needs to be - and on top of that, you learn that they don't do yearly increases - they do yearly "bonuses" as advancement in compensation. Overall - this organization is not a place I would recommend working unless you are a person that is already immersed in the organization and understand it as a whole. Other than that - outsiders stay away
Fast paced Environment
Cash Lead (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAMay 7, 2018
I started as a part-time sales associate and worked my way up to cash lead. Overall, working retail is always stressful but your colleagues make work more enjoyable.
Fun place to work, lots of teamwork and collaboration
Part-Time Associate (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAMay 7, 2018
All retail jobs suck, but this place is definitely one I would recommend. The managers are all super friendly and understanding. The SM always listened and was very flexible.
Pros
Friendly management
Cons
Entitled, rude customers
Most Laid back Job
Selling Supervisor (Current Employee) –  North Myrtle Beach, SCApril 28, 2018
The Workplace culture was great. However, DM would never hire within and promote associates. He would always hire from the outside even though associates within would do a better job than new hires. Management overall is weak. But the companies pays well you with incentives, decent pay hourly, 401k and full health benefits.
Pros
laid back
Cons
no advancement opportunities.
It was okay
Temporary Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 24, 2018
It was super cool when it was busy season but it got super dead after it ended. I couldn’t advance into other positions despite asking a lot of times. Some managers were cool, others were creepy. Pay was good, hours were also good but just boring repetitive lifestyle.
Pros
Pay was good at the time, Discount was amazing
Cons
Boring, No ability to advance
A decent launch pad
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodmere, OH 44122April 24, 2018
I didn't dislike TNF immensely, but i felt that the assistant manger and manager had very conflicting views and it caused a lot of clashing for multiple employees.
Sadly, there were a lot of internal issues at the store i worked at.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The North Face. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight