The North Face
76Above average

The North Face Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA12 reviews
I enjoyed it
This was a nice work environment. The only problem for me was the commute. I lived in Maryland and Tyson’s corner takes about 2 hours on the metro. Other than that great experience
Productive place to work
On a average day at work they will assign every assiociate a daily goal of sales that they will work towards achieving. The overall experience working there is pretty good and would reccomend others to apply.
Competitive
Steady work environment, new people to work with, training was minimal but they do have higher staff come in and show you company preferences, Relaxed
Fun Workplace, Corporate Needs Improvement
Work isn't too challenging and it's a good work atmosphere. Management is fairly understanding. Corporate could use some improvement (by listening to individual stores).
Pros
Great Discount
Cons
Not easy to move up
okay
Management could be better. Not as attentive to the staff let alone the store and its needs. Poor training of the sales associates and management. Could be better.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Back when I worked there
Basically, if you get called into for an interview. It's a group interview. Make sure you really set yourself apart from everyone else. If you get hired its usually on the spot. Typically if you work an opening shift you are responsible for cleaning the store making sure it's clean and the merchandise is in order. During a shift (when customers are coming in) you rotate jobs between the floor and as a greeter or as a cashier. You have to know your stuff because customers will ask you what does all this mean. In addition, you will have to answer the phone place, online orders, place things on hold and call other neighboring stores for stock checks. The job gets super busy during the holiday season (when it gets cold and close to Black Friday, Christmas and after Christmas) but over It was good. The only problem I had was management.
Pros
discount
Cons
favoritism, work uniform shoes, management
Fun place to work at with nice people but management can get annoying
Only time really that it gets extremely busy is during the winter time but other than that it actually is pretty slow since we are known for jackets. Job is pretty straight forward and easy. It takes a little to get to know the product but once you do it's really easy. Jackets pretty much sell themselves and all you really have to do is answer some questions about the product or guide them to what they are specifically looking for. Management like to micromanage you which is never fun but nevertheless it's a fun environment to work in. Hardest part about working here would have to be keeping the store looking nice since people like to throw jackets around like it's nothing.
Pros
Discounts, 15 min paid breaks
Cons
Not enough hours
the falling of a giant
used to be a leader in outdoor apparel but in recent yeas seems to have lost its way. The core clients are not coming to the brand as they try to bring in other clients
loving
I've been so long because it's a great stress free job although you do have difficult customers from time to time you learn how to always keep a smile on your face , i enjoy helping others
Pros
discount
Cons
Great company to work for
I loved working retail at this location. The managers are great and the employees help pass the time away during slow periods of sales. Learned a lot about the product and became very interested about sharing that new information with customers.
Pros
Great management and coworkers, great time off
Cons
Pay was not that great for Sales Associates
productive and fun easy going workplace
I work with a great team and they are constantly willing to work with their employees in making them better. I love the positive energy when I come into the building. There are never any negative attitudes when I walk into the building. The customer service is great. I see us constantly going above and beyond to assist the customers and finding what they want and need. The hardest part of the job is having to manage the time and making sure you are able to get everything done in a timely manner, but it can always be done. The most enjoyable part of the job is the positive attitude. There has never been a day I've come to work and I wasn't happy to be there
Pros
free food, steady pay check, easy going co workers, approachable managers
Cons
no break table, stock room is crowded, not every item has a place to go
Productive and fun workplace
Great company to work for and great employees to work with. Along with the great apparel TNF offers, their management and sales techniques taught were always focused on the individual and not the profit.