The NRP Group LLC Employee Reviews

Company has great opportunities for job movement
Leasing Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 20, 2018
Working with affordable housing properties can be very stressful and very time consuming. So you must pay attention to the details. Also, the affordable housing program usually gets a bad reputation but I like how The NRP Group is making the stigma change. They're developing really nice affordable apartments looking more modern with an affordable price.
Fun, exciting and supportive team.
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXOctober 2, 2018
Great company to work for with up to date training, fun trainer, lot of support from colleagues and upper level. They have higher chance to promote within then other companies that I had worked for before.
Pros
Consist training for all updates, Support from upper level, support from onsite staff and
Cons
Last mintue change/ update and inconsistency of file approval.
Unorganized
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 9, 2018
Thought this would be a company to grow and further my career with but the odds were against me. I like tax credit because the rental discounts are actually helping many of those during hard times. Poor management with a lack of training trying to hold anyone back from evolving. The regionals are horrible mentors, always reciting "we're a team" but the furthest term away from team. To much work with no appreciation in return.
Vicious
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 1, 2018
I have never worked for a worse company. Not only are they terrible to their employees but they lie to and cheat their residents as well. I loved the job itself and would have stayed despite the long hours and stressful environment but the people running (or trying to run) the show are an absolute nightmare and caused multiple employees breakdowns while I was there. The company has some wonderful people in it, but the people in power are the worst kind of humans. Every single person I know who worked there in the past or presently works there was/is beyond miserable. Save yourself the trouble and inevitable depression and find another company to work for, there are plenty to choose from.
Pros
Some of my co-workers were awesome
Cons
Manager, assistant manager, district manager, Vice president, Vice presidents assistant, they lie to resident and employees, they make your life miserable no matter how hard you work. Unethical, deceitful, bordering evil.
A great workplace "is one where employees can trust the people they work with
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 20, 2018
NRP Group has built an amazing culture of collaboration, teamwork, and inclusion. It’s such a positive environment that really supports employees. The corporate office atmosphere is always positive and our Communities gorgeous.
Pros
NRP PromotesTeamwork
Cons
Employee Burnout Is a Problem with the Company
Great Opportunities @ NRP
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Southeast RegionJanuary 16, 2019
Fun place to work. Nothing bad to say about my work experience at NRP. Great upper Management Team, that supports you. Job promotions available. A company where your hard work pays off. Great Culture @ NRP
Pros
Love it #NRP
Cons
Still trying to find one haven't yet! :)
Great place to work if not ruined by the Manager you work under
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kent, OHSeptember 18, 2018
Some structure to schedule, but can be changed with no notice by the Manager if they feel like it. No real room for advancement & no training to improve on skills that would actually benefit an employee, at least not at the Community level.
Poor Management
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  NRP GroupJanuary 11, 2019
Expectations are very high with little to no training/help. You are expected to meet impossible deadlines. Upper management does not care about their employees. Supervisors are toxic and verbally abusive.
Pros
Not worth it
Highly dysfunctional
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 11, 2018
No work life/balance. You will work your life away and receive no gratitude. Favoritism, unattainable expectations, no support, lack of follow up training, bullying, hostile work environment. I have worked in many property management offices with many companies and I have never been so tormented and mistreated. By far the worst company I have ever experienced. I am not just some disgruntled person, other staff left as well for the same reasons even had temps walk due to treatment. There is no support when you try to go higher to discuss issues. HR unresponsive when submitting discriminatory and detailed hostile work environment. It's about who you know and who you are in with. If you dont let them walk over you, they will get rid of you. Compliance was often inconsistent, and even when not mandated by the state NRP would still go over and above in the files which makes dealing with applicants extremely hard.
Pros
Pto, Sick time & Insurance
Cons
No work life balance, favortism prevails, no support, gossip, unattainable goals, micro-management, bullying, hours
Great staff
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 17, 2018
This was a great company to work for. I enjoyed the staff. I received tons of training. They are very hands on and the owners visits the sites to see what is needed and gets your inputs on your property.
Insufficient training
Construction Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 17, 2018
Able to manage office and field personnel on a daily basis thus being responsible for budget and schedule for each project. Company didn't provide a proactive approach to achieving a positive approach.
Pros
Selective educational instruction
Nice place to work
Maintenance - Chauncey Pointe, Preston Point, (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green OhJune 19, 2018
It was a fun place to work and the pay was good. There was room for advancement and raises Benefits were good It was to far for me to drive and the on call was bad living so far away
Awesome place
Maintenance Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 20, 2018
Always something to do in a daily basis. Never the same thing everyday. Coworkers are easy to work with. Get to help out at other properties and get help at your property.
Amazing company!
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 28, 2018
I have been here for 1 year and I absolutely love working for NRP! It has a great company culture ! Everyone really works as a team. From the Accounting to Marketing to the Senior Leadership everyone is there to help you. The training is like nothing I have seen in the business! The entire company is very organized and structured.
Pros
Company culture, open communcation
Overall the best company I have ever worked for
Finishing Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Wexford, PAFebruary 7, 2018
Primary responsibilities include:
Schedule and Budget
Safety and building housekeeping
Walking all units verifying openings for doors and windows, cabinet dimensions, etc.
Schedule and manage all trades from drywall finish through unit acceptance by management including corridors/balconies/patios
Great managent, sub-contractors, adherence to work schedule.
Very fast paced, fun and enjoyable
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 23, 2018
The job is very structured regarding daily tasks. I have had the opportunity to learn new functions of a Management Company and as the Community Manager you are very involved with planning out every aspect of the property duties and needs.
The Management Company staff are very approachable and will do anything to make the job easier and give great input for solutions to problems.
The hardest part of the job is having to file evictions but I know that by the time I have to file I have done all that is in my power to resolve the issue.
The most enjoyable part is the Residents and their many different needs that you get to assist them with resolving.
Pros
Great team efforts
Cons
Larger company is less personal than a smaller company
Advancement from within, Amazing Owner and President, Strong Core values
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 19, 2018
This is an extremely fast paced, well oiled machine! I have never worked for such an open, caring Owner and President before. They are down to earth and the whole company is about being an open door.
The benefits are amazing. The employee recognition is more than any company I have been with. You can tell that a lot of money goes towards getting and keeping excellent staff.
It is hard work but very rewarding.
I love NRP!
Pros
Benefits, open door, fun, friendly coworkers, conferences, support
Cons
Very few recognized Holidays
Great Company to work for!
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 1, 2018
NRP is a GREAT company to work for! We all have those days that are super stressful at work but, NRP offers a GREAT support system!They also offer a fabulous PTO plan compared to most companies I have worked for in the past! You wouldn't be disappointed if you took your next step with NRP! :)
Exciting and rewarding
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 1, 2018
Over the course of my time at NRP I’ve had the opportunity to see and experience such exciting growth personally and professionally. We have some of the most talented people in the Industry with whom we collaborate with on a consistent basis.

The growth that NRP continues to experience is a result of these collaborations from the site teams to the executive level. We work hard, but the work doesn’t go without notice, appreciation, and recognition.

Being a team isn’t just a “phrase” at NRP, it’s an action. In times of celebration or challenge it’s all hands on deck so to be the best in the industry for our residents, vendors, and fellow team members.

Working at NRP is rewarding and exciting. Not only because if the growth, but because every voice matters. Senior management invests the time in associates through on going training and encouraging the best from every team member.
Pros
Teamwork, internal advancement opportunities, and training
Great Top level and lower level, need adjustments other levels
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 8, 2018
Personal friendships come first with some. Suggest go to work make friends with no one go home. Watch who you befriend gossip is everywhere, again it can be a great company if minor changes are made. No one wants to work in fear of losing there job NOT productive.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Friendships come before whats best for property/company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The NRP Group LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight