The Ohio Masonic Home Employee Reviews

More than just a paycheck!!
Director of Marketing and Sales (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHJanuary 17, 2018
My time here at the Springfield Masonic Community has been an amazing experience. I have worked for both for profit and non profit and this is hands down the best job I have ever had. Everyone works together as a team no matter the task at hand. The benefits are unbeatable. The HSA contributions, amount of PTO given, and $5,000 a year for tuition just cant compare to any other employer. The on-site fitness center, dinning options, post office, doctors office, gift shop, are just a few more reasons to love it here.
Pros
Insurance benefits, $5, 000/yr in tuition, flexible hours and PTO
Say no to this job..
N/A (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHJanuary 9, 2019
Manager is rude and disrespectful.. Loves the veterans but hates new employees, and treats them differently or as if they aren't good enough to be there,
Pros
The elderly people.
Cons
Management sucks
Ohio Masonic Home
STNA Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHAugust 27, 2018
I enjoyed my job and it was very rewarding. I worked with some amazing nurses in this field. Many opportunities to further my career. I was young and unsure of the career I wanted so I left.
Do yourself a favor and JUST SAY NO
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJanuary 3, 2018
Used to be a great place to work, but the new administrator is horrible. They have created an environment of fear and intimidation and are proud of it. There is absolutely NO appreciation for hourly employees, and it is ALL about money. They no longer care about the residents, only lining their OWN pockets and strengthening their resumes. Do something right thousands of times for years and no one notices nor says thank you. Do it wrong ONCE and BAM! you're written up or fired. They would much rather fire people than to take a bad experience or situation and turn it into a learning experience. Unless you are cronies with management, too are trash and not worth the time of day.
Pros
Cons
Healthcare is a joke, management is clueless, horrid management practices, virtually no chance to advance
Friends don't let friends work here!
RN (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHMay 31, 2018
Upper management has no respect for employees
Every day is risky business working in a fear based hospital mentality culture.
Sad for the residents.
As a long term employee I can say that the Ohio Masonic Home is an excellent place to work.
RN (Current Employee) –  Springfield Masonic CommunityJune 13, 2017
The Ohio Masonic Home is an excellent place to work, with a beautiful campus and strong Masonic traditions. Good benefits and higher education is supported with a tuition reimbursement program. Challenging health care field with opportunities for advancement are encouraged. Very good flexibility with scheduling hours.
Bad place
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHMay 8, 2018
This is by far the worse place I ever worked. If you are there longer than 10 years you are forced out. I saw this with my own eyes. No job security at all.
Pros
Cons
all of it
Loved working for the Masonic Home
RN Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Medina, OhioDecember 16, 2011
Treated well by all coworkers, great benefits and most importantly superior care provided to all residents and all residents and workers are treated fairly and with respect!
Pros
everyone treated fairly, great care provided to all patients, management fair to staff, benefits were great
Cons
worked as a rn supervisor for lpn wages.
Management is terrible.
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHApril 30, 2017
I have been at this facility 2+ years and it's nothing but a joke. The hours are good, but pay Is terrible. No department can keep help because no body wants to work under these conditions. Skilled Nursing is ALWAYS short staffed. We are so short staffed they are having housekeepers and laundry help out on skilled nursing for extra hours, people who are not even certified to be doing what they're doing. A nurse was just fired for negligence. The director of Dining cannot order proper stock for the weeks upcoming meals, doesn't care anymore. Management doesn't seem to care about any of the ongoing issues here at WRMC. We haven't had a solid president/administrator for years, they're always leaving and being replaced. How can we build a solid community if we have no leadership here?? As a current employee, knowing exactly how this facility runs, I would NEVER EVER put a loved one here.
Pros
Hours, Pto, the residents
Cons
Management, pay
Bad place
Utility Worker & Registered Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OH 45504January 11, 2018
terrible place to work. a few great people but other than that you always have to watch your back, Management is always lacking, they have no idea what to do in tight situations or in times of need.
20 years of experience working in the field worst place I ever worked
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHAugust 21, 2016
Not enough staff at the cost of patient care. The upper management would tell us when inspectors would come and they would send more nurses and nurse aides to make it look like there were enough employees until inspectors left. Employees would scramble to clean these helpless people temporarily until they passed inspection.Patients would not be fed at times and had to sit in bodily fluids most of the day.walked off my job due to no being able to get the management to listen to my concerns about how other employees mistreated residents. Years later that place still haunts my thoughts because I could not get management to care and too see so many human beings suffer.
Pros
Beautiful campus
Cons
Patient neglect. Only care about bottom dollar covered up cases of neglect
Opinion
Dietary Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OhioDecember 29, 2016
Unfortunately , it seemed to me that , it was a popularity contest at Masonic and that it was more the norm to be fired than to nurture staff and create a solid foundation. I believe in the 2 years I was there well over 200 people where fired, some entire departments were wiped out in a week time. Not for inefficiency , but to prove to hire ups that they could save money. Never was job security there. Even the President was replaced yearly. Hard to follow a plan with out a leader.
Pros
Free lunces
Cons
No support in leadership, and no decisive leadership in place for any amount of time.
Wanna join a great team come here and work at springfield masonic community
Manager of Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  RicklyMay 10, 2017
Working here at the Springfield Masonic Community is like being at my 2nd home. Its great being here with the residents and giving them the care that they need. The management team is great at working together and making sure both the resident's and staff are taken care of. It's fun and such a great place to work. I have been here for 14 years and I plan to be here much longer. There is lot's of opportunity with in the company to move up
cares for patients
Preceptor Nurse, Pathways Center (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHDecember 7, 2017
Was there as a Preceptor Nursing Student had a great experience. Was sad that my rotation there was over and I look forward to applying there to work after graduatioin
I enjoy my job, come work at Springfield Masonic Community
Supervisor of Laundry (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHMay 10, 2017
We stay busy and there is always plenty to do, we work with great people, love the residents. The management staff is very down to earth. Our department always jumps in where ever we are needed, we are a great team. I think the hardest part of this job is getting attached to the residents and when they pass, its hard. being around the residents is the best part of my job. Ive been at masonic home for going on 22 years.
Horrible
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHMay 20, 2017
There is such poor communication between the staff and upper management. This facility has gone down hill since I've started. Nothing gets done properly by upper management. It's so understaffed that there working the employees now, to there breaking point. The hourly wage is low and should be higher for the work that has to be done. Management doesn't adress problems that are talked about with the employees. Resident safety isn't taken seriously.
Excellent Place to Work
Treasurer (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHApril 18, 2017
The culture of caring and concern among all levels of staff is better than anywhere I've worked. There are so many people that go above and beyond the call of duty to care for people.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Very demanding
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJanuary 19, 2017
Very poor communication from management. CFO-CEO plays favorites. Create new jobs in upper management for friends.

Very demanding.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
No work life balance
An organization that truly lives its mission
Sales/Marketing (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHApril 19, 2017
I have never worked for an organization that believes and lives its mission more than OMH. It is so refreshing to know that it's not just something to put on the wall or on a coffee mug...rather, the employees live it every, single day! There are some bad reviews, of course. There are any place you work. However, I have never worked for an organization that cares about not only its residents but its staff as much as OMH.
Pros
Great tuition reimbursement package and I am able to do my job without being micromanaged
Cons
very long commute!
Overall, a good place to work
STNA (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHApril 1, 2017
As an STNA, I enjoy attending to the residents's needs in a sometimes challenging and fast paced environment.
Working in the Alzheimer's unit has taught me a lot about how to care for and relate to senior citizens in their "world". This position has also given me the satisfaction of working in a team oriented environment under the supervision of very competent and compassionate management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Ohio Masonic Home. Our community is ready to answer.

The Ohio Masonic Home Reviews by Location