The Ohio Masonic Home Employee Reviews

Ohio Masonic Home
STNA Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHAugust 27, 2018
I enjoyed my job and it was very rewarding. I worked with some amazing nurses in this field. Many opportunities to further my career. I was young and unsure of the career I wanted so I left.
Friends don't let friends work here!
RN (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHMay 31, 2018
Upper management has no respect for employees
Every day is risky business working in a fear based hospital mentality culture.
Sad for the residents.
Bad place
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHMay 8, 2018
This is by far the worse place I ever worked. If you are there longer than 10 years you are forced out. I saw this with my own eyes. No job security at all.
Pros
Cons
all of it
More than just a paycheck!!
Director of Marketing and Sales (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHJanuary 17, 2018
My time here at the Springfield Masonic Community has been an amazing experience. I have worked for both for profit and non profit and this is hands down the best job I have ever had. Everyone works together as a team no matter the task at hand. The benefits are unbeatable. The HSA contributions, amount of PTO given, and $5,000 a year for tuition just cant compare to any other employer. The on-site fitness center, dinning options, post office, doctors office, gift shop, are just a few more reasons to love it here.
Pros
Insurance benefits, $5, 000/yr in tuition, flexible hours and PTO
Bad place
Utility Worker & Registered Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OH 45504January 11, 2018
terrible place to work. a few great people but other than that you always have to watch your back, Management is always lacking, they have no idea what to do in tight situations or in times of need.
Do yourself a favor and JUST SAY NO
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJanuary 3, 2018
Used to be a great place to work, but the new administrator is horrible. They have created an environment of fear and intimidation and are proud of it. There is absolutely NO appreciation for hourly employees, and it is ALL about money. They no longer care about the residents, only lining their OWN pockets and strengthening their resumes. Do something right thousands of times for years and no one notices nor says thank you. Do it wrong ONCE and BAM! you're written up or fired. They would much rather fire people than to take a bad experience or situation and turn it into a learning experience. Unless you are cronies with management, too are trash and not worth the time of day.
Pros
Cons
Healthcare is a joke, management is clueless, horrid management practices, virtually no chance to advance
As a long term employee I can say that the Ohio Masonic Home is an excellent place to work.
RN (Current Employee) –  Springfield Masonic CommunityJune 13, 2017
The Ohio Masonic Home is an excellent place to work, with a beautiful campus and strong Masonic traditions. Good benefits and higher education is supported with a tuition reimbursement program. Challenging health care field with opportunities for advancement are encouraged. Very good flexibility with scheduling hours.
Horrible
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHMay 20, 2017
There is such poor communication between the staff and upper management. This facility has gone down hill since I've started. Nothing gets done properly by upper management. It's so understaffed that there working the employees now, to there breaking point. The hourly wage is low and should be higher for the work that has to be done. Management doesn't adress problems that are talked about with the employees. Resident safety isn't taken seriously.
I enjoy my job, come work at Springfield Masonic Community
Supervisor of Laundry (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHMay 10, 2017
We stay busy and there is always plenty to do, we work with great people, love the residents. The management staff is very down to earth. Our department always jumps in where ever we are needed, we are a great team. I think the hardest part of this job is getting attached to the residents and when they pass, its hard. being around the residents is the best part of my job. Ive been at masonic home for going on 22 years.
Wanna join a great team come here and work at springfield masonic community
Manager of Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  RicklyMay 10, 2017
Working here at the Springfield Masonic Community is like being at my 2nd home. Its great being here with the residents and giving them the care that they need. The management team is great at working together and making sure both the resident's and staff are taken care of. It's fun and such a great place to work. I have been here for 14 years and I plan to be here much longer. There is lot's of opportunity with in the company to move up
Management is terrible.
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHApril 30, 2017
I have been at this facility 2+ years and it's nothing but a joke. The hours are good, but pay Is terrible. No department can keep help because no body wants to work under these conditions. Skilled Nursing is ALWAYS short staffed. We are so short staffed they are having housekeepers and laundry help out on skilled nursing for extra hours, people who are not even certified to be doing what they're doing. A nurse was just fired for negligence. The director of Dining cannot order proper stock for the weeks upcoming meals, doesn't care anymore. Management doesn't seem to care about any of the ongoing issues here at WRMC. We haven't had a solid president/administrator for years, they're always leaving and being replaced. How can we build a solid community if we have no leadership here?? As a current employee, knowing exactly how this facility runs, I would NEVER EVER put a loved one here.
Pros
Hours, Pto, the residents
Cons
Management, pay
Nice Place to Work
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHApril 20, 2017
The current CEO and Management are very personable and take an interest in all employees and their well being. Flexible Scheduling and an overall pleasant atmosphere.
An organization that truly lives its mission
Sales/Marketing (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHApril 19, 2017
I have never worked for an organization that believes and lives its mission more than OMH. It is so refreshing to know that it's not just something to put on the wall or on a coffee mug...rather, the employees live it every, single day! There are some bad reviews, of course. There are any place you work. However, I have never worked for an organization that cares about not only its residents but its staff as much as OMH.
Pros
Great tuition reimbursement package and I am able to do my job without being micromanaged
Cons
very long commute!
Excellent Place to Work
Treasurer (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHApril 18, 2017
The culture of caring and concern among all levels of staff is better than anywhere I've worked. There are so many people that go above and beyond the call of duty to care for people.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Overall, a good place to work
STNA (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHApril 1, 2017
As an STNA, I enjoy attending to the residents's needs in a sometimes challenging and fast paced environment.
Working in the Alzheimer's unit has taught me a lot about how to care for and relate to senior citizens in their "world". This position has also given me the satisfaction of working in a team oriented environment under the supervision of very competent and compassionate management.
They treat staff terrible
N/A (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHMarch 8, 2017
Management is clickie and treat the rest of the staff like trash. They refuse to do anything that isn't in their job description. Staffing is terrible. Nobody wants to communicate with one another. The facility is beautiful and it would be an amazing place to work if they hired new management.
Pros
Beautiful facility
Cons
Terrible management/ unable to keep staff
Work place
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHMarch 4, 2017
You will love working with the residents in the community center! But the management is where you will run into problems
Pros
The residents
Better than most!
STNA (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHFebruary 21, 2017
I've been here almost six years, and have to say it's been a great place to work. It's busy, that's for sure, but if you are a hard worker, you can succeed. People really love the residents and while there can be turnover, it's less than other places like us. I have good coworkers who love their residents as much as I do!
Pros
nice campus, coworkers who care, president of the campus works to know us
Cons
busy, short staffed sometimes
They really care about their employees
Registeted Nurse (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHFebruary 14, 2017
I've worked here as a nurse and in other roles. The administration really cares about their employees. Residents are really wonderful. Dress code is relaxed so as an aide I can wear whatever scrubs I want. STNAs can work 8 hours or 12 hours.
Pros
Employee suport, flexible dress code, good pay, lots of available hours
I would rather not review previous employers
Cornerstone Masonic Healthcare President (Former Employee) –  OhioFebruary 8, 2017
The division was closed and dismantled in favor of focusing on the more traditional work of the organization (retirement housing, long term care, nursing home)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Ohio Masonic Home. Our community is ready to answer.

The Ohio Masonic Home Reviews by Location