The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
69Average

The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center Employee Reviews

United States472 reviews
Productive and Informative Workplace
I love the PI of the lab! She is really honest, straightforward, and always has my best interests in mind. I came into this job with very little experience, and she was more than willing to help me learn the basics to then learn the more complicated techniques/procedures.
Job advancement
There is some opportunities present depending on your education and background. But it is slow and sometimes you have to backtrack to a lower level job in a different department to work your way up.
Bad experiences, good pay
The culture is very political. You are not valued by immediate managers. The system itself portrays an advanced medical technology and research when they are actually very behind and it a well known fact as an employee. They make everything about money and political before what is best for patients and employees.
N/a
I have only positive things to say about my experience at OSU. I have learned so much at OSU and I am grateful for having the opportunity to work for a wonderful hospital.
Productive, busy workplace with a great culture
The most enjoyable part of this job is knowing that you are helping people. This resonates with the staff and management at/involving the Switchboard. Great place to work, they really care about you, and are extremely flexible. You have to put the time in to understand the complex system of the hospital, but you are able to contribute and make an impact almost immediately
Horrible work environment
I worked at OSU main for almost 4 years. I was not supported by management and was bullied by them. The work culture is horrible and the turnover rate is extremely high. OSU covered up many things that they did wrong and they can no longer silence me by threatening me with write ups and in several other ways. Nurses need to be aware of what they are getting themselves into when they accept a position at OSU.
Good Company
A very good place to work. Great People. It is a public company and I came from the private workforce so it is a bit of a change but most of the employees are very good and will help as much as possible.
Great benefits
Overall great place to work. Great benefits. Management is improving on listening to staff. The workload is heavy, need better balance of work and personal mental health.
Fantastic Benefits
I loved all the benefits OSU offered during my employment. OSU generally seemed concerned with my overall health, physical and mental. It was also really fun being a part of the Buckeye family.
Large institution, priority not on the little guy.
Management tried to force place me on a unit that was too physically demanding (beriatric patients) so I was let go with a compensation package and they have not accepted me back as a nurse since then
Not equal and not fair
They show favoritism and doesn’t support every employee. Not very flexible either. Felt unappreciated and not needed! Very strict on polices and not very cooperative.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Osuwmc
Ohio State University Wexner Medical Centers mission is to improve heath in Ohio and across the world through innovation in research, education and patient care.
Wonderful place to work
OSUWMC is a great place to work. Because of restructuring within the organization my position has been eliminated, but I hope to find something else within the company and remain here.
Productive and friendly oriented workplace
Very nice working environment. Everyone was apart of a team and enjoyed helping and assisting each other and the patients to make the patients experience great.
Great benefits and culture, lackluster compensation and career building
The benefits are great, especially for families and the job culture is enjoyable, however don't expect to make a career out of it if you are coming in entry-level. It is silently encouraged that to move up you should leave and get experience in the private sector before applying to a higher position at the university.
Overall a good company to work for.
Would recommend this company for multiple reasons. One of the overall difficulties with working here is the size of the company. In order for change to take place it takes a long time.
Grow opportunity
The organization offer a variety of programs to grow professionally. I receive an extensive support from the director. The company is always moving forward, looking for new opportunities of improvement. I enjoy working on this environment!
Benefits
First and for most parking is ridiculous. I pay $60 a month and I still have to walk a good distance in the dark. The managers suck they overwork good workers and the others do as they please with basically no consequences the overtime was good until they abruptly stopped during Christmas time for the EVS department which needs it just to have a decent paycheck.The pay is less than any other hospital in the area. Other staff such as nurses PCA’s uca’s nurse managers, case managers, physical therapy aides all treat the housekeepers as lower than, and no one does anything about it. If you don’t plan to go to school here I would definitely consider somewhere else.The only options for food or Wendy’s which is Disgusting and has the rudest nastiest people working there Panera which is way too muchAnd with the amount of Break time you never have enough time to make it. the disgusting cafeteria food which is overpriced
Great Place to work
My mother retired from here she worked for OSU Hospital for 32 years. My brother still work there he has been there for 25 years. There have been changes and there was lots of layoffs at one time. Other than that the place is great
Pros
Benefits
Cons
Parking
Consistent
Steady hours throughout day. Learned that patient and visitors come first. Management is consistent. The workplace culture is detailed oriented. The Hardest part of job is staff shortage. Most enjoyable is the independence
great employer
The Ohio State University is a great place to work with dedicated medical providers and staff helping patients in the Ohio area. I enjoyed it and would recommend it
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
3.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight