The Ohio State University Employee Reviews

Okay
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Main CampusJune 20, 2019
I believe it's all about finding the right department. The good thing is, there's opportunity to move around campus if you feel like you're not a good match in one sector. You do have to pay roughly $90/month to park as a faculty/staff member, so just a heads up on that. Make sure to negotiate that into your starting salary.
Pros
Healthcare Benefits
I like working with people
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43210June 14, 2019
OSU is want of the best place to work, The Ohio state university have different culture, I enjoy working with my co-worker and manage my job was very easy.
Flexible Hours
Graduate Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 11, 2019
I conduct research under the supervision of my adviser working towards my Doctorate degree. There are no defined hours for performing these tasks, although deadlines do exist. Might occasionally have to cover introductory undergraduate classes.
Good place to grow
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus OhioJune 10, 2019
I collaborated with staffs and colleagues to cater foods for multiple events around campus. I learned how to communicate professionally to different people. I learned how to make accurate record to every orders and inventories. I made sure everything under my supervision are delivered effectively based on requirement and demands from clients. The hardest part of the job would be to work over- time because sometimes event last until midnight. However, I enjoyed working in groups, learning from the people with more experiences to make sure the run smoothly. The environment is really good for me to grow and develop soft skills especially in improving communication skills and decision making skills.
Pros
Free food, flexible working hours
Cons
Short breaks. May work over night
A great place for research and creative enhancement
Arabic Language teaching assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 6, 2019
Great place for research and creative advancement
Gave me a wide room to use creative and untraditional teaching methods
An amazing experience to communicate with students from different cultures and backgrounds
Working at a branch campus of Ohio State has numerous benefits without dealing with the main campus
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHJune 5, 2019
I enjoyed working at the branch campus in order to pursue an academic career. I might have stayed here but was not given an opportunity for a full time position.
good place to work but need more hours
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  west campusJune 4, 2019
i like my job but i wish i would be scheduled more. the people i work with are great. the building feels safe to work in and the work is laid back. i recommend
Fun workplace
Student Leader (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHMay 31, 2019
Working with other students was very fun. I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the university and wish that I could have spent more time there. The people there are amazing and the job was fun.
Pros
15 minute breaks
Cons
Can be hard to work with schedule
Locked in job titles
Veterinary Anatomist/Instructor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 29, 2019
No room for advancement in some areas. Collaboration is great. People are great. Enjoy working here just don't feel appreciated. Supervisor was wonderful. Leadership has ivory tower attitude.
Pros
Collaboration
Cons
Advancement
My Team is Supportive and Down to Earth
Communications Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 20, 2019
My team is supportive, communicative and helps me grow here. My manager provides me with the tools to be an independent thinker and performer, and the university and college has great communication with each employee.
Review
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 20, 2019
Call center pharmacy. Calling patients to complete medication reviews with them. Now it's a publicly traded company, stress levels are rising and management isn't making life easier.
ICUs need more educational opportunities
RN (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 19, 2019
Medicall staff unfriendly, management not always fair. Management plays favorites witha ssignments, education experiences, and charge nurse choosing. Excellent benefits. Parking is a disaster.
Pros
Benefits, job security
Cons
Parking, union, unfriendly
Doesn't Recognize Talent and Value it
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 17, 2019
Faculty is King if you aren't...even if you have a PhD, prepare to always feel lesser than. Higher admin gets in the way of true success...can be a very frustrating place to work, 'too big for it's britches'
grad student
Drawing Instructor (Current Employee) –  ohioMay 13, 2019
I am an art grad student so this is not applicable to me. This site won't let me continue without writing more in this section. It is a nice place to go for grad school.
Punitive
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 27, 2019
Terrible. Punitive. They look out for their own interests while offering little constructive feedback. Staff are fun to work with but it’s poorly managed.
Pros
Pay
Work here if you must
Student Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHApril 26, 2019
They throw you into the fire on day one but help you if you struggle. The higher ups, however, are unforgiving. The point system they use does not allow for any major illness and if they do not take you off the schedule immediately you will always be one slip up away from it.🎍
Pros
Free meal per shift
Great experience
On Campus Dining Member (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, OHApril 23, 2019
I'm a full-time student who works in the kitchen and would say that it's a pleasurable experience, as my employer is very considerate of my class schedule and workload.
Would never work here again
STNA (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 23, 2019
When I was an stna, the nurses and stnas I worked with where very cut throat. There was no team environment. Heaven for bid you ask for help. The nurses constantly accused patients of drug seeking and would refuse to give them pain medications. I was constantly pulled off my lunch break to assist my patients because the nurses and other stnas refused too. The nursing manager didn't care about you if your not her friend or family member. The whole experience here is the reason why I made a career change. I love taking care of people and helping others but the staff here are on a whole different level. If you aren't soft spoken and can dish it out osu is for you. But if you go to work to work and enjoy your job stay away from osu medical center. Too much work drama and to clicky.
Pros
Great benefit health insurance, retirement and pay
Cons
Staff not friendly, managment sucked
Favoritism present and very noticeable
Instructor of Clinical Practice (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 20, 2019
Workplace culture: oppressive, lack of clarity and oversight for faculty advancement

Management: lack of mentoring and oversight for advancing based on OSU expectations.

Hardest part of job: Dealing with a boss that yells at staff/faculty, shows favoritism, and non- collaborative with colleagues

Enjoyable part of job: Working with students.
Pros
Ability to work from home
Cons
Favoritism, people with less experience than faculty already in positions, faculty are hired into leadership positions with minimal experience.
Opportunity for job selection
Programmer Analyst/Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 17, 2019
Ohio State give the opportunity to continue getting a degree with employer tuition reimbursement. Great place to work. There are many opportunities for movement within the organization.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Ohio State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight