The Old Spaghetti Factory Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fun place to work and great family environment. Very busy restaurant
Lead Server (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 31, 2018
I opened up the restaurant every day. I was the lead server so I was responsible for the busiest section and also supervised most of my fellow employees. The restaurant is one of Sacramento's busiest and I was able to see a lot of familiar faces. Great restaurant ambience.
Faced-paced Italian restaurant
Busser (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAAugust 15, 2018
Shifts were typically 4 hours long or slightly more. I learned how to work as a team with certain people and learned how to efficiently get tasks done while having multiple things to do. The management was enough to run the restaurant but hard to manage with. The workplace was busy and quick-paced. The most difficult part of the job would be cleaning multiple tables at very busy hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers as a team.
Pros
Discounts on food, work experience
Cons
Disorganization
Not a good work environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTAugust 15, 2018
If you would like to advance within the company this job is not right for you. The pay in minimum wage with no opportunity for advancement based on performance. If you like to work hard, just know that if you work here you will be doing the job of at least 4 people, for the pay of half a person.
Usually a good place to work
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 13, 2018
I enjoyed working here, good people, good food, good location so it was very busy. With the addition of a new manager, things have been changing every week and it's clear this person isn't experienced enough to be in that position. Hours have been cut drastically and too many people have been hired.
Pros
Flexible schedule, easy to drop/swap shifts, good tips usually
Cons
Rules changing constantly, schedules being cut
Great place to work long term
Host (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 8, 2018
Was a lot of fun and every manager was awesome to work with, there are lunch and work shifts. You can do both or one or the other. I preferred the dinner shift. Started at 5 and on slow days I was out by 9:30 and busy days 10pm. You are only required to work 5 days out of the 7 so it worked good for me because I cannot work weekends due to my long distance relationship. There were a lot of perks, like 50% you and one other person if you eat in. I often ate after work when I had enough time. A con would be that you cannot eat on the job and they are pretty strict about it. However you get to have free fountain beverages.

I made a lot of friends and once you pick up on the pace its not rocket science so I would say with the busy volume and easy tasks makes a very balanced place to work.

Very organized and its easy to communicate with managers.
Scheduling App made everything a lot easier, in terms of getting your shifts covered, being able to see who isn't working that day so you can message them about covering your shifts. There is room to move up or around.
Didnt like it
Busser (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 8, 2018
Bad place to work management unreliable unwilling to cooperate for personal needs and gains favoritism extremely apparent and the work is not worth the pay by any stretch of the imagination
Fast paced work environment
Hostess, Server and Busser (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 6, 2018
The management her has been my ranking to meet when working at other jobs. The schedule is extremely flexible based on your schedule. They will give you a chance and if you prove to be worth it, then they will take care of you.
Pros
Discounts
Great place to start
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 4, 2018
It's a great place to start a new server or bartender job. It's also pretty easy to get your shift covered because there are so many other coworkers.
Quick paced work place, with cool employees
Dishwasher/ Backup Cook (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 1, 2018
I did like working at the OSF. For the most part the employees are cool and I got along with almost everybody. I left because I was trying to advance and I was, it was just slower than i needed it to be. Also i was moving. Other than that, great job!
Flexible work with good tips
Server (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 31, 2018
Work is fast-paced. Plans frequently change and you might get stuck with oncall shifts if you're new. Once you become familiar with the point-of-sale system and menu it becomes much easier. The server shifts are short and only worthwhile if you get good tips.
Pros
Tips are very significant, shifts are short.
Cons
Part-time employees receive no benefits, management frequently changes, high-stress

Want to know more about The Old Spaghetti Factory?

Ask a question
great management
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 30, 2018
great benefits great people to work with. lots to learn and room to grow. hardest part is finding things to do during slow time. its easy to get caught up when you are always busy
benefits
Cons
lots of people to work with
I really enjoy my working experience, too bad I had to quit.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 29, 2018
The old spaghetti factory is a very nice place for costumers and workers people who dine here are very blessed indeed and I as a worker I enjoyed the place this restaurant is a very cool place and we all are blessed to have a places like this on earth. Than you.
Pros
Free drinks and discounts on food for employees.
Cons
None.
good job to start off with
Dish washer part time (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 26, 2018
working at their really did help me in getting a head start into the world of work-force.

It also helps you with getting to work on time making sure everything is in order your work outfit fits and working with other people
Productive, fun workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 26, 2018
The Hosting team at the Old Spaghetti Factory was cooperative an professional. I enjoyed working with them. The family atmosphere was warm and inviting and easy to be part of.
Pros
Free bread!
Productive, nice place to work
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WA 98036July 21, 2018
Comfortable place to work in a nice atmosphere. The food is well tasting and is served timely. Management was easy to work with. Nice Family oriented restaurant.
wonderful atmosphere great food
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 17, 2018
really busy restaurant so working at a fast past was always best. they have really good food and a bar an game room and even a trolley you can sit at and eat
Learning Experience
Host, Server, & Secretary (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 29, 2018
Rotating Positions between Host, Server, & Secretary in a five star restaurant. Very fast pace duties in reserving seating and severing quality food and alcohol.
No advancement
Dishwasher, Prep, Salad/Appetizer, Line Cook (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 11, 2018
No advancement and the training is provided but they don’t appreciate your work and the hours you give to be there until late hours. There’s always someone to replace you
Great restaurant to polish your hospitality skills
Manager (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 10, 2018
This restaurant fulfills many of the promises that most food places make yet struggle to deliver.
Fast paced work environment. A greatly more positive culture and atmosphere compare to many other establishments.
They adhere to their guiding principles of "honest, dignity, respect"
The management takes an active role in training, operations, and discipline.
Pros
quality food, pleasant staff
Cons
short breaks
prep cook
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJune 7, 2018
washed dishes, made sure all the work stations were set up. bussed tables, cooked the spaghetti, cleaned up end of day. hardest part of the job was probably the rush but was fulfilling.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Old Spaghetti Factory. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight