The Old Spaghetti Factory Employee Reviews

No advancement
Dishwasher, Prep, Salad/Appetizer, Line Cook (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 11, 2018
No advancement and the training is provided but they don’t appreciate your work and the hours you give to be there until late hours. There’s always someone to replace you
prep cook
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJune 7, 2018
washed dishes, made sure all the work stations were set up. bussed tables, cooked the spaghetti, cleaned up end of day. hardest part of the job was probably the rush but was fulfilling.
Bad pay and hours
Hostess/Busser (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COJune 1, 2018
The pay rate and hours were horrible. Some managers were great and others were not. Never gave breaks and you couldn’t buy food unless you had cash. Bussers got tipped whatever their waiters believed they earned which was very unfair.
Great coworkers
51 N San Pedro Sq - Host, Busser Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 29, 2018
Great workers in the kitchen and other areas but very horrible general manager who treats people like objects not people. The managers before were very hardworking and respectable.
Honestly
Dish Washer (Current Employee) –  Tukwila, WAMay 29, 2018
Fast paced depending how many people are serving .
Waitress and bussers are pretty cool managers work with you good food.
Good team members
Family oriented
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Half off food
meh
Server, Server Assistant, Busboy (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 15, 2018
Work hard, make pretty good money mostly in tips. Made on average $20/hr so I would walk away form a 4-6 hour shift with $80-120 earned. Get ready to work hard, and sweat though.
Decent Job
Busser (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOMay 11, 2018
All you do is clean and set up tables along with cleaning the restaurant. It was nice to see the business run and all of the people come in to eat at the restaurant.
fast pace enviroment
Supervisor,secretary,server,bartender,hostess (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 10, 2018
This employment was my first steady job and stayed with the company for 6 years due to the long term I worked pretty much all positions except the kitchen and the manager position ( which is the highest position).Being reliable and hard working made a huge impact which gave me promotions and had to relocate for it as well.Very fast pace job serving thousands of guests a night and definitely made my professionalism grow in this company.Worked at three different locations within the company and exceeded their expectations of me. Learned a lot from this company that I will most definitely take with me to any employment I receive in the future.
Pros
free lunches, discounts, opportunities for growth, tips
Cons
short breaks, no insurance
Fast pace, competative and Hard Work
Head Cook/AKM (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAMay 9, 2018
Not all management was professional, most staff was nice but force to work against one another to make more money for the company and it hindered customer environment and also work relationships.

But I learned to be a better team leader and I learned to work well in stressful environments.
Good for experience
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAMay 8, 2018
Great for building experience, not much else. If you like the restaurant industry, it's good. However, 46- 50 hours a week, relatively low pay and awful hours if you want a work/life balance are what you're getting.
fun place
FLOOR MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 6, 2018
Loved it, I met a lot of good folks working there, even some local celebrities. The tips I got were more then I deserve, and the food was great. I loved it
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Best place I have ever worked!
Server (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMay 1, 2018
I would work there again in a heartbeat if my lifestyle were different.
It's like a family, everyone there is very supportive and you make lifelong friends.
It is a fast paced environment and most people have to work weekends. But managers are usually pretty fair with hours and requested time off.
Pros
Food/discounts, coworkers, great managers, opportunity to move up
Cons
Working late nights and weekends
No room for advancement and unfair treatment
Server (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAApril 20, 2018
Because one of the shift managers did not like me personally i was scheduled for 2-4 hour shifts usually only given sections or parties that no one else wanted. i worked really hard, and my guests loved me. But i was never given a fair chance. At the time i was driving 45 minutes to get to work to either be sent home or only given the parties or sections that none of the other servers wanted because my shift manager "played favorites" and the GM was also very inappropriate at times.
Competitive work environment and great customer base to make good tips
wait-staff (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORApril 17, 2018
Competitive work environment to work in, a great crew and teamwork is a great plus here. Takes a long time to work up to a bartender position which makes a substantial amount of tips and guaranteed hours. The hardest part of the job I would say is working up to being a server/bartender it is a requirement to start low and work yourself up but it is worth it.
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
hard to work up to a good position.
Buen ambiente
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Tanasbourne, ORApril 13, 2018
Buen ambiente mucho aprendizaje muchas horas laborando. Aprendes mucho en la cocina
stressful but fun
Server / bartender (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 31, 2018
serving at the OSF was hard at times but was fun and all the employees worked together and always had each others backs.
there were times you walk into a shift and boom all 5 tables are sat at once!!! ughhh
Pros
food discounts
Cons
salary, stress, hours, schedule
Fun, competetive, encouraging progress and striving for excellence
Server (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOMarch 31, 2018
Very fast paced and lots of guest interaction. I enjoy the speed and exciting atmosphere and have fun serving awesome food to great people. The family that owns and operates has an inspiring purpose and has extremely high expectations for outstanding experiences and ask employees to reach above and beyond the average restaurant service.
Pros
Fast table turn over and good table per section ratiios
Cons
closed mon-fri 2pm-5pm so makes doubles seem endless
Fast-paced family restaurant
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAMarch 30, 2018
As a hostess for the Old Spaghetti Factory, I directed guests to their tables and manned the host desk for most of my time. I learned about priority management and what it takes to work in food service.
Great place to learn
Secretary, To-Go Host, Busser Trainer, Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 20, 2018
This was a great restaurant to learn and grow in. There were many opportunities to cross train and pick up hours. The pay tends to be low though and it does get slow in the spring/summer.
Pros
Dining discount, flexible hours
Cons
Low pay
Stressful, not enough pay
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAMarch 14, 2018
For being a cook, the pay, the food quality, and the customers just didn't justify the stressful nature of the job. Learning every position besides managing only gets you up to about $13 an hour, and with the lack of care in the kitchen, it doesn't exactly make you proud to work there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Old Spaghetti Factory. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight