The Old Spaghetti Factory Employee Reviews

Great place fro college students
Server (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 15, 2018
This restaurant was the first place I ever served at and definitely set me up for success in the food industry. I loved working here and made friends with all the staff including the hosts and the kitchen staff.
Fast paced and friendly environment
Head host/Food runner (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 11, 2018
Cashiering
To Go orders
Customer service
Observing customer complaints
Quick solution finder
Assisting servers with the food to the table

I can say I learned every I know until this day how to work and work hard from this job. It was first job and stayed there for over two years because I loved it but there was growth for advancement there.

The most enjoyable part of the job was probably food running when I was scheduled because I loved taking out the food and practicing my balancing skills for serving.

The management there was amazing and always so encouraging.
fast pace and constantly bust
Secretary /Restruant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 4, 2018
management makes no one want to stay .but the tips and co workers were awesome. need a change when it comes to management bounced around to 3 different location with variety of different jobs
Great
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CANovember 26, 2018
I love working there flexibility for days that you wanted to work, some times it would be very busy and guest didn’t understand why we haven’t checked in on them every minute
Pros
Fun
Cons
Busy
It gave me great experience in the food industry. From costumer service to leadership I took a lot of knowledge away from.
SERVER/SERVER TRAINER (Current Employee) –  March ln Stockton CANovember 14, 2018
I had little to no experience in serving upon hire. I was given equal opportunity as veterans at the restaurant. Performance was always stressed upon. I was able to work in different areas such as the bar hosting/serving and training. It helped me to further my experience in customer service and retail. Upselling items was always stressed and something I thrived upon. Minimum check average expectations were Always met. Learning teamwork makes the dreamwork is also a motto taught to me through my time at the company. Constant changes to staff And management gave me experience and skills in requiring flexibility among others.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Now using instant pay for tips
Nice clean friendly environment
Dishwasher/spaghetti cook (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 9, 2018
Wonderful place to work friendly staff clean environment everyone is balanced well trained and comfortable in their work area provided flexible work hours and understanding of personal needs
Pros
Discounted lunch
Cons
N/a
its a waitressing job
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAOctober 18, 2018
This job was very fast pace, and could be competitive at times. There was a lot of food and cash handling on a daily basis. the management team was pretty good at helping and understand staff when needed.
Pros
discounts
Cons
lots of favorites among staff
Productive place to work
Secretary/Supervisor/Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 16, 2018
Always busy on the weekends. If you want the hours you will get them. Most of the employees have been working there for at least 2 years. Turnover is not that great.
Pros
half of meals for you and 1 guest, opens at 4:30 and closes @ 9 or 10 depending on the day.
Cons
Takes a while to get good shifts.
Tacoma OSF is amazing
RESTAURANT SUPERVISOR AND SERVER TRAINER (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 15, 2018
Love the management and the corporate staff. Flexible scheduling, discount on meals, wonderful team work oriented environment. Overall it is a great place to be.
It was fun at first.
Host/Server/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 20, 2018
I think it's a really fun place to work over all I was super excited at first however I feel like things have changed and they have become more for themselves then considerate to everyone else.
Pros
The people you meet are cool because of the airport
Cons
Pretty much everything else.
Fun place to work and great family environment. Very busy restaurant
Lead Server (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 31, 2018
I opened up the restaurant every day. I was the lead server so I was responsible for the busiest section and also supervised most of my fellow employees. The restaurant is one of Sacramento's busiest and I was able to see a lot of familiar faces. Great restaurant ambience.
Simple Part Time Job
Host (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAAugust 18, 2018
Working as a host was the least paid position though perhaps a more stressful one. You have little control over the thinks guests would get angry over
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Low Pay
Faced-paced Italian restaurant
Busser (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAAugust 15, 2018
Shifts were typically 4 hours long or slightly more. I learned how to work as a team with certain people and learned how to efficiently get tasks done while having multiple things to do. The management was enough to run the restaurant but hard to manage with. The workplace was busy and quick-paced. The most difficult part of the job would be cleaning multiple tables at very busy hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers as a team.
Pros
Discounts on food, work experience
Cons
Disorganization
Not a good work environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTAugust 15, 2018
If you would like to advance within the company this job is not right for you. The pay in minimum wage with no opportunity for advancement based on performance. If you like to work hard, just know that if you work here you will be doing the job of at least 4 people, for the pay of half a person.
Usually a good place to work
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 13, 2018
I enjoyed working here, good people, good food, good location so it was very busy. With the addition of a new manager, things have been changing every week and it's clear this person isn't experienced enough to be in that position. Hours have been cut drastically and too many people have been hired.
Pros
Flexible schedule, easy to drop/swap shifts, good tips usually
Cons
Rules changing constantly, schedules being cut
Great place to work long term
Host (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 8, 2018
Was a lot of fun and every manager was awesome to work with, there are lunch and work shifts. You can do both or one or the other. I preferred the dinner shift. Started at 5 and on slow days I was out by 9:30 and busy days 10pm. You are only required to work 5 days out of the 7 so it worked good for me because I cannot work weekends due to my long distance relationship. There were a lot of perks, like 50% you and one other person if you eat in. I often ate after work when I had enough time. A con would be that you cannot eat on the job and they are pretty strict about it. However you get to have free fountain beverages.

I made a lot of friends and once you pick up on the pace its not rocket science so I would say with the busy volume and easy tasks makes a very balanced place to work.

Very organized and its easy to communicate with managers.
Scheduling App made everything a lot easier, in terms of getting your shifts covered, being able to see who isn't working that day so you can message them about covering your shifts. There is room to move up or around.
Didnt like it
Busser (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 8, 2018
Bad place to work management unreliable unwilling to cooperate for personal needs and gains favoritism extremely apparent and the work is not worth the pay by any stretch of the imagination
Fast paced work environment
Hostess, Server and Busser (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 6, 2018
The management her has been my ranking to meet when working at other jobs. The schedule is extremely flexible based on your schedule. They will give you a chance and if you prove to be worth it, then they will take care of you.
Pros
Discounts
Great place to start
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 4, 2018
It's a great place to start a new server or bartender job. It's also pretty easy to get your shift covered because there are so many other coworkers.
Quick paced work place, with cool employees
Dishwasher/ Backup Cook (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 1, 2018
I did like working at the OSF. For the most part the employees are cool and I got along with almost everybody. I left because I was trying to advance and I was, it was just slower than i needed it to be. Also i was moving. Other than that, great job!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Old Spaghetti Factory. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight