The Old Spaghetti Factory Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Decent Job
Busser (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOMay 11, 2018
All you do is clean and set up tables along with cleaning the restaurant. It was nice to see the business run and all of the people come in to eat at the restaurant.
fast pace enviroment
Supervisor,secretary,server,bartender,hostess (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 10, 2018
This employment was my first steady job and stayed with the company for 6 years due to the long term I worked pretty much all positions except the kitchen and the manager position ( which is the highest position).Being reliable and hard working made a huge impact which gave me promotions and had to relocate for it as well.Very fast pace job serving thousands of guests a night and definitely made my professionalism grow in this company.Worked at three different locations within the company and exceeded their expectations of me. Learned a lot from this company that I will most definitely take with me to any employment I receive in the future.
Pros
free lunches, discounts, opportunities for growth, tips
Cons
short breaks, no insurance
Fast pace, competative and Hard Work
Head Cook/AKM (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAMay 9, 2018
Not all management was professional, most staff was nice but force to work against one another to make more money for the company and it hindered customer environment and also work relationships.

But I learned to be a better team leader and I learned to work well in stressful environments.
Good for experience
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Fullerton, CAMay 8, 2018
Great for building experience, not much else. If you like the restaurant industry, it's good. However, 46- 50 hours a week, relatively low pay and awful hours if you want a work/life balance are what you're getting.
fun place
FLOOR MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 6, 2018
Loved it, I met a lot of good folks working there, even some local celebrities. The tips I got were more then I deserve, and the food was great. I loved it
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Best place I have ever worked!
Server (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMay 1, 2018
I would work there again in a heartbeat if my lifestyle were different.
It's like a family, everyone there is very supportive and you make lifelong friends.
It is a fast paced environment and most people have to work weekends. But managers are usually pretty fair with hours and requested time off.
Pros
Food/discounts, coworkers, great managers, opportunity to move up
Cons
Working late nights and weekends
No room for advancement and unfair treatment
Server (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAApril 20, 2018
Because one of the shift managers did not like me personally i was scheduled for 2-4 hour shifts usually only given sections or parties that no one else wanted. i worked really hard, and my guests loved me. But i was never given a fair chance. At the time i was driving 45 minutes to get to work to either be sent home or only given the parties or sections that none of the other servers wanted because my shift manager "played favorites" and the GM was also very inappropriate at times.
Competitive work environment and great customer base to make good tips
wait-staff (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORApril 17, 2018
Competitive work environment to work in, a great crew and teamwork is a great plus here. Takes a long time to work up to a bartender position which makes a substantial amount of tips and guaranteed hours. The hardest part of the job I would say is working up to being a server/bartender it is a requirement to start low and work yourself up but it is worth it.
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
hard to work up to a good position.
Buen ambiente
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Tanasbourne, ORApril 13, 2018
Buen ambiente mucho aprendizaje muchas horas laborando. Aprendes mucho en la cocina
stressful but fun
Server / bartender (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 31, 2018
serving at the OSF was hard at times but was fun and all the employees worked together and always had each others backs.
there were times you walk into a shift and boom all 5 tables are sat at once!!! ughhh
Pros
food discounts
Cons
salary, stress, hours, schedule
Fun, competetive, encouraging progress and striving for excellence
Server (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOMarch 31, 2018
Very fast paced and lots of guest interaction. I enjoy the speed and exciting atmosphere and have fun serving awesome food to great people. The family that owns and operates has an inspiring purpose and has extremely high expectations for outstanding experiences and ask employees to reach above and beyond the average restaurant service.
Pros
Fast table turn over and good table per section ratiios
Cons
closed mon-fri 2pm-5pm so makes doubles seem endless
Fast-paced family restaurant
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAMarch 30, 2018
As a hostess for the Old Spaghetti Factory, I directed guests to their tables and manned the host desk for most of my time. I learned about priority management and what it takes to work in food service.
Great place to learn
Secretary, To-Go Host, Busser Trainer, Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 20, 2018
This was a great restaurant to learn and grow in. There were many opportunities to cross train and pick up hours. The pay tends to be low though and it does get slow in the spring/summer.
Pros
Dining discount, flexible hours
Cons
Low pay
Stressful, not enough pay
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAMarch 14, 2018
For being a cook, the pay, the food quality, and the customers just didn't justify the stressful nature of the job. Learning every position besides managing only gets you up to about $13 an hour, and with the lack of care in the kitchen, it doesn't exactly make you proud to work there.
Server
server (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMarch 14, 2018
Worked both lunch and dinner shifts. dinner shifts i would usually foodrun or was given a station to serve. Learned how to serve and sell properly with proper steps. Very big restaurant about 25 to 30 servers work dinner shifts on weekends. hardest part was in the beginning, was very independent at first trying to do everyhting at once, didnt have proper steps yet but that changed. most enjoyable part was interacting with customers and serving, always enjoyed helping people out and put smile on peoples faces.
What I did
Server (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOMarch 13, 2018
I would serve to many of different customers of all different diversity. I would have to be able to talk and get people's orders. I would show them different choices. I would have to be able to manage four or five different tables at a time. I learned that you have to be able to handle all different times of people. The work environment is what you make it of.
Pros
learning to work with others
Cons
the money
so so company.
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 12, 2018
Short shifts, you have to pay to work. would recommend this job to a teenager! I worked there for about 4 to 5 months and another job. I guess its honest pay but if you CAN FIND another job!
Pros
free food.
Cons
Having to pay to park, short shifts, some of co-workers were stuck up
Consistent
Busser/Host (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 4, 2018
The old spaghetti factory was a interesting place to work at. Some days the restaurant was completely packed, on other days the restaurant was empty. Overall a good place to work at.
Pros
Cons
Schedule
Great view
Hostess & Busser (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 3, 2018
Beautiful view, nice bosses, delicious food. Great scheduling. You can add more hours online. Also give hours online, for other people to pick up. Large building.
Pros
50% off your meal, free meals when training
Cons
If you don't drive location maybe annoying
True team environment
Trainer/Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Duarte, CAMarch 2, 2018
This was a fast paced work environment. The ability to advance from host to server, trainer, bartender is realistic. All team members worked together and helped each other through the shift. Managers were supportive of the staff and were willing to assist when busy. The hardest part of the job is the high volume and 3 course meal for every table. The most enjoyable part was the team. We were able to have a good time while taking care of the guests.
Pros
flexible schedule, cash flow, quick advancement
Cons
works most holidays, very fast paced

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Old Spaghetti Factory. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight