The Original Pancake House Employee Reviews

Horrible Work Place
Waitress/Server (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 15, 2019
If you were to ask any female server who has worked at the Pancake house when I worked there, they would all say that they were very, very unhappy with their treatment. The male owner has issues with women, they take tables and sections away from you as punishment for making a mistake, or for doing something they didn't like. It overall is just a very terrible place to work. There is absolutely no job security there, no matter how good of a server you may be.
Cons
No breaks, no job security, horrible boss, no free food
Work at the Original Pancaje House
Diahwasher/Gues5 assistant (Current Employee) –  4343 Northwest HwyOctober 3, 2019
It was ok till they tried to give me a new position that paid less. I did like the job but just started running into to many problems. It's an ok company to work for.
Ok
Cook (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 27, 2019
Working here was ok but I didn’t feel like there was much opportunity for me to grow with this company so I had to look for other places to work where I would be able to move up the ranks
I love everyone here
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CASeptember 26, 2019
All I can say is that everyone here is like family. Everyone helps each other constantly in and out of work. It’s gonna hurt to leave but I’ll always go back if anything ever happens.
Ok
Cooking Chef (Current Employee) –  Grosse Point, MISeptember 26, 2019
It's a jod... its ok I need a job so I work there... weekly pay help with the bills all I needed was a job so I started working there repay me good that's all I needed was a job
Fast Paced and Enjoyable
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORSeptember 19, 2019
You are required to move as fast as possible to keep customers satisfied. I enjoy fast paced, so It was fun to be constantly moving. This is a family owned business so everything you need to know is right in your little restaurant.
Hostile work environment
High volume server, large parties or 2-tops (Former Employee) –  Huntington beachSeptember 7, 2019
There was is no career here, the other servers were no help, and also sabotage others. The worst place I have ever worked. There is no moving up, and you stay in your section until some quits.
Pros
Tips are good, cooks are fun
Cons
Other servers, Lots of gossip
Cook (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 3, 2019
Loved the fact i got to start early open the restaurant set everything up for the day and for the next day people are very friendly very helpful during the first year i received three rises based on my performance
Tough place to work
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Fairview Park, OHAugust 28, 2019
Always new managers and new rules they like to pick out one special person for time off and overlooking what they do and then everyone else feels like their job is always on the line
Pros
Good money
Cons
Different managers all the time
Good place
Host/Server/Busser (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNAugust 22, 2019
I enjoyed working here. There is a good balance between interacting with worworkers and having a good time, as well as getting work done and serving guest.
Management was unorganized
Back Waiter (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORAugust 22, 2019
During my time employed there, I felt the environment was overwhelmed with intimidation from the assistant manager. They would make you feel uncomfortable about calling in sick although the majority of the clientele in the establishment were in one way or another connected to people with compromised immune systems; whether it was due to age or illness.
Incredibly fun and flexible place to work, where I was challenged to grow in more ways than I expected.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 19, 2019
I have absolutely adored working at The Original Pancake House. It's where my passion for Business was ignited and where I truly learned to appreciate working with and for people. I learned to genuinely love moving and encouraging employees to grow in any area they're working in and to do everything with excellence.
Poor management, poor training
Server (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 19, 2019
Manager seemed reasonable during hiring process. Totally different when actually working for him. I personally believe he is racist and a narcissist. Unorganized, improper training. He has favorites amongst employees. He has a very nasty attitude and doesn't know how to talk to his employees. Very unprofessional. Should not own nor run a business.
nice upscale place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 16, 2019
The owners / manager were very cruel and unfair when I made manager it really become more stressful. They thought they were better then anyone. One of the owners cheats on his wife and got caught almost got into trouble while the were in Portland Or. for messing with a under age girl. Had to leave the state before charges were forced upon him
Pros
a job
Cons
owner
Hectic at times
Guest Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 14, 2019
Servers seem to do what ever they want with no real repercussions. End of the day cleaning isn't done properly. Customers don't come for the food, which is plain.
Pros
One employee meal free or discounted
Cons
Managers can't control servers
Slow paced company
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLAugust 6, 2019
This was literally me getting my feet wet as we all know finding a waiter job isn’t hard but they’ve seemed to only care about trained people not people they had to help.
excellent owners to work for....cared about their employees, even outside work
Lead Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAAugust 5, 2019
the owners were a wonderful couple to work for.....it was EXTREMELY busy every wkend.....great working experience. Very good benefits. Time-off was acrued, and you could have the option of "cashing out". Take the money instead.
Terrible
Server (Former Employee) –  Woodmere, OHAugust 5, 2019
I used to work here the managers are discriminatory and play favorites and then one was fired for stealing a lot of money like thousands this place paid good but the treatment I couldn’t take it
Good money, Terrible owners and management.
Server (Former Employee) –  Upper Arlington, OHJuly 27, 2019
Clientele is great however the managers expect you to be able to read their mind about what they want. Not good at giving negative feedback, won't say anything to you until they want to terminate about issues during shifts. Very unprofessional, will terminate an employee over the phone. All servers there have been there since opening and have their family members come and work here which causes politics within the restuaurant. You get no discount at all when you come in not working to eat. Have to prepare half of your dishes and pre sets yourself with little help. Manager thinks she is above helping servers when it comes to running food.
Pros
Clientele and tips
Cons
everything else
Fast paced job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 24, 2019
This job is for those who like a fast paced demanding work environment. It is good money but you have to be willing to work every holiday and weekend.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Original Pancake House. Our community is ready to answer.