The Original Pancake House

The Original Pancake House Employee Reviews for Host/Cashier

Hostess/Cashier
I enjoy working with my co-workers and the food is quality house made. Hours are 7-2 throughout the week and till 3 throughout the weekend. There isn't much opportunity to get a full time work week. But, I enjoy my position here and feel as if I am paid fairly for the service I provide.
Pros
Only simple math and light cleaning required
Cons
Too few hours to offer
Worae restaurant to work in
Poor management. Tips were pooled amongst servers, busses, drink assistance (unnecessary),the cashiers and food runners. Manager had the idea that he wants to give the cooks a part of the servers tips because "they work hard." Definitely unfair. Manager overworked everyone and had them do side jobs. Such as pulling out weeds in the parking lot and shoveling snow. Don't work there! No benefits at all.
Pros
None. Lol. Free lunch
Nice employees
Good environment, very friendly workers. Everyone is nice and is really helpful to one another. Manager will work with you and respect you and any opinions
Pros
Free lunch
The Original Pancake House
Friendly place with nice customers and great managers. The food is delicious and the service is fast. The workers were friendly and the hours were flexible.
New managenment
Was a great place to work originally. Gm was retiring and the company brought in a new team. The new management did nothing the way the company wanted it. Fluffed numbers, short shifts, Short cuts on food prep. Anything they could to make themselves look better. Other than that the coworkers were great
Pros
Crew, Food, Tips
Cons
Managenment, Short staffed
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Not a good place for trans people
I had to leave due to the owner telling me to stay in the closet around customers when I came out as trans. It's a very unhealthy environment for those struggling with gender dysphoria and I don't recommended it. Not just from the owner but from the older clientele.
Friendly staff
Everyone there is extremely friendly and Is more of a family rather then co-workers, however there needs to be something done regarding the schedule we receive schedules a day before the week starts so we literally only have a couple hours to plan our week out.
Pros
We get one free meal per shift and the hours are okay
Cons
Unorganized, and very hectic
At times can get hectic.
When I worked there, it was a relaxed work environment for the most part but whenever we would get busy, customers would get impacient because sometimes our estimated wait time was off.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Original Pancake House?
non-stressful , fun, calm and happy enviornment
I had a lot of fun and gained experience as a hostess and a cashier. I also gained experience on my Customer Service skills.
Very relaxed environment.
Pros
Free daily meal
Cons
Schedule
Really upbeat place to work.
You will never be bored if you work here, the restaurant is always booming with business. You will be proud to sell the fresh made in house products. Must be able to handle a very busy high stress environment. Really fun co workers and very relaxed management who are flexible to work with any type of schedule. Hours begin as early as 5 am to as late as 4 pm.
Fun work place, family like business.
At the Original Pancake House we enjoy working together, we are a family like staff. We work hard to keep our customers happy, a lot of our staff know many of our customers by name. We enjoy making people feel welcomed. Our managers actually take concern in our progress as an employee. They are there to help us be the best we can be, they also LOVE to help us in areas we need to grow in. I enjoy most about my job is the hours, I enjoy being able to work and go home to my children in a timely fashion. A typical work day with us requires hard work, being focused, team work and cleanliness, you must also be organized.
Pros
Benefits, 401 k, Family/company parties
Cons
no holiday pay
Non-Communication workplace with amazing food.
I start my day at work, get my self together, clock in then start work. Theirs always a confusion with what workplace to be stationed in. My manager irritating me and others whenever he/she gets overworked. Always being fussed at for others mistakes. I learned patience, how to multitask without getting frustrated. We have poor management, their communication skills are not so great from a few of my managers. My co-workers consistently gossips and they only help themselves. The Hardest part of the job is working together because no communicates. the most enjoyable part of the job are the customers and the children that flow in and out. They make the most of my day.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
terrible coworkers, poor management, irritable surroundings, non communication
Productive and great experience
I was given the opportunity to interact with large amounts of customers on a daily basis. I was also tasked with handling and running the main cashier at the location I worked at. During stressful situations and time consuming situations, I was able to effectively work well with other co-workers to make sure customers overall operations were taken care of.
great hours for students
Great place to work on people skills. the ability to identifying your weak and strong areas at this job is a plus.
same as the other OPH
Still feel the same about this OPH as the other one. Made a lot of repeat customers and friends.
Pros
generous break time
Cons
too many host/hostesses at this specific location.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Original Pancake House. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9