The Original Pancake House Employee Reviews for Host/Server

Host and Server (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYJanuary 30, 2019
I enjoy working for this Company a lot . Everyone is very nice and easy to get along with. Kitchen is very well staffed. Everything runs very smoothly.
inconsistent customers, horrible management, lack of knowledge
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 28, 2018
it used to be a nice place to eat and work but management changed and they don't know how to run the place any longer. Management is currently under review for favoritism, mistreatment and wrongful termination of all employees, I only see that place getting worse to work at and I don't believe it will remain open for much longer.
A sad place to work, unless you are a felon or drug addict.
Server/ Host/ Trainer (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDDecember 13, 2017
OPH hires pedophiles and convicts on work release programs at low wages and would rather pay less for bad employees than keep good ones. It is ran by a family of alcoholics and if you do not drink with them you are considered a 'bad seed' The best part of my job was my guests.
Pros
Money
Cons
Harrasment, blackmail, drug addicts, pedophiles
Fun Place to Work
Host/Server (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, OHDecember 12, 2017
This is a very fast-paced environment, with quality food and service. Hours can be flexible if that's what you need. Shifts do start pretty early in the morning but it's great to have the rest of your day free after close at 2pm and 3pm on weekends. As a server, expect to make at least $100 per shift. Managers on duty are servers and hosts, so they aren't merely supervisors breathing down your neck.
Pros
free shift meals and coffee
Cons
very very busy!
Nice place
Hostess/Waitress (Current Employee) –  Grosse Pointe Woods, MINovember 28, 2017
it was a great place to work, the staff was always amazing and the managers are great! as a waitress the tips are nice and its overall a nice place to work.
Fast and fun
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 3, 2017
The pancake house is a fun but can be stressful at times. For the most part the customers where very nice and the managers where always there when we needed them.
Pros
Good foos
fast paced, organized
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  8037 15th Ave NW. Seattle WA 98117March 22, 2016
My main shift for serving was opener so I would come in a 5:30 a.m. and start churning the butter and whip the whip cream and pull everything out and get everything ready for the day. The restaurant would open at 6:30 and I would be the only server on the floor till 8:00 except on weekends when 2 servers opened the restaurant. I was first trained as hostess but started to show great interest in serving, most of the servers I had worked with have been in the business for 20 years or more, it was an honor to learn from them because it taught me how to be an excellent server to the customers and how to keep my routine going especially during busy hours when you need to be organized with taking orders and and getting the customers what they need. There was always one manager on the floor and a lead server. The manager was everywhere from bussing tables, getting drinks when needed, washing dishes, and helping the hostess. In my opinion couldn't ask for better management as well as co-workers they were always there when you needed the extra hand we all worked well together which made that the most enjoyable part of the job without the excellent bond between me and my co-workers I wouldn't have learned my job as well as I did. The hardest part was when you got to know the customers and then you would hear of a death or injury or something negative would occur.
Pros
half off meals, great customers and coworkers
Cons
No breaks, no healthcare
Fun Work place
Host/ Server/ Servers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edgewater, NJOctober 26, 2015
Taking orders, entering the order in the computer, bringing the order to the customer, and checking on the customer regularly. Memorize menu. Responsible for obtaining payment and making change. Experience in fine and casual dining. Proficient in making customers comfortable and satisfied while ensuring optimal guest flow in dining room. Maintaining neat, clean, and professional demeanor with staff and clientele
Pros
free lunch
Love this place
Server/Hostess/Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lee, NJAugust 4, 2015
This was my home away from home. My first "real" job. The owners were and still are very hands on and very involved in the success of their business. Started off as a server and when i left i was the manager. They really take care of their employees.
Having fun with co workers
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 8, 2014
Enjoyed working with older people and having fun greeting people taking good care of them
Fun and Family oriented work environment
SERVER/HOST (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FlMarch 8, 2014
I personally enjoyed working at this establishment. A typical day way busy, however moved smoothly based on the management and co-workers' work ethic. This job taught me to become patient and that the customer always comes first. Hardest part of the job was the massive lunch rush however meeting new people and causing smiles on a daily basis didn't make it seem like work.
This job was a high stress environment.
Server, Hostess (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYJanuary 22, 2014
I waited on tables, and helped prepare food. I did kitchen side work, to help clean the restaurant and prepare the next shift. I learned how to really hold a job. This was my first real job. I learned about people, how to talk to them, and help them to have a good experience at this restaurant. The management changed throughout my time working there. This changed the whole work flow, and made it very stressful and hard for myself, and workers to adjust. The co-workers were all very wonderful, helpful, and fun to be around each day. The hardest part of this job was the management change. The most enjoyable part of this job was the co-workers and the customers.
Pros
This job helped me to learn how to work in fast paced and high stress environment.
Cons
The hours were cut short, due to over staffing.
Original Pancake House
Server/Host (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLDecember 4, 2013
Original Pancake House has a lot of return customers who treat you well if you treat them well. Management is delightful, but breaks are close to nonexistent in such a hectic environment.
Pros
discounted lunches, wonderful management
Cons
short breaks
An ok place to work with good benefits
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 20, 2012
A typical day at work is usually busy and you deal with lots of customers. Working here I've learned a lot about customer service and how to deal with people in general. Management is ok for the most part. My co-workers are fun people to be around its actually the most enjoyable part of the job. They are friendly and very helpful. The hardest part of the job is dealing with very rude customers who are just impossible to please no matter how hard you try.
Pros
great hours and flexible scheduling
Cons
money is very inconsistent