The Original Pancake House Employee Review

View all The Original Pancake House reviews

Management was unorganized
Back Waiter (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORAugust 22, 2019
During my time employed there, I felt the environment was overwhelmed with intimidation from the assistant manager. They would make you feel uncomfortable about calling in sick although the majority of the clientele in the establishment were in one way or another connected to people with compromised immune systems; whether it was due to age or illness.

Other The Original Pancake House Employee Reviews

Coworkers and management are great. Ownership is not.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAOctober 19, 2019
My experience working at the original pancake house in Temecula is an okay experience. The coworkers are friendly and helpful. The management is very caring and willing to work with you.

However, the owner micromanages and rarely allows management to manage their jobs themselves. Supplies are lacking even upon request for more supplies such as water cups, etc. The owner listens to the requests but does not fulfill them. I have also observed that the owner complains that hostess are unfit to do their job correctly and appears to be very sexist.
Horrible Work Place
Waitress/Server (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 15, 2019
If you were to ask any female server who has worked at the Pancake house when I worked there, they would all say that they were very, very unhappy with their treatment. The male owner has issues with women, they take tables and sections away from you as punishment for making a mistake, or for doing something they didn't like. It overall is just a very terrible place to work. There is absolutely no job security there, no matter how good of a server you may be.
Cons
No breaks, no job security, horrible boss, no free food

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Original Pancake House. Our community is ready to answer.