The Original Pancake House Employee Reviews

Run for the hills
Server (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 19, 2019
Managment and the owner is horrid. If you're not family management treats you horrible. If you have anything to say that isn't good news you won't last. Please stay away from 104 western and 108Cicero locations.
Pros
Descent money
Cons
If you aren't family and a suck up you're in for a difficult road.
Worae restaurant to work in
Poor management. Tips were pooled amongst servers, busses, drink assistance (unnecessary),the cashiers and food runners. Manager had the idea that he wants to give the cooks a part of the servers tips because "they work hard." Definitely unfair. Manager overworked everyone and had them do side jobs. Such as pulling out weeds in the parking lot and shoveling snow. Don't work there! No benefits at all.
Pros
None. Lol. Free lunch
All for One Atmosphere
Restaurant Server/Server Trainer (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 31, 2019
While I genuinely liked & trusted a couple of people I worked with, and liked that it closed at 3:00pm, allowing me free evenings, I was not happy at this job.

There are going to be co-workers who bullies and undercutters, w rude attitudes everywhere and this place is full to the brim.

I could be wrong, but from my understanding, they do not help you transfer to another Original Pancake House if you were moving & the town had one.

And there is absolutely no chance of career growth w this particular O.P.H. It's privately owned, not actually franchised; therefore I do not believe they have to be in accordance with corporate. I am not sure. I am sure, however that I do not remember seeing a corporate number posted or anything to that effect.

Money wasn't good because of favoritism and they do not rotate sections whatsoever. So certian people get a great money making section every single day and other people are stuck in a known terrible section and are barely scraping by every single day.
Pros
Couple cool people
Cons
Everything else
Fun place to work at becaise of good team members, free lunch too
Dishwasher/Pots &Pans (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 25, 2019
They required more work of the employee, did not pay overtime but paid you straight pay over 40hrs, The store at that time closed at 2pm and employees were allowed to work cleaning up up to 3pm .Free lunch, free drinks
Cons
No form of insurance benefit, straight hourly pay even if over 40hrs
good food
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 20, 2019
I did not enjoy my time working here at all. Mangers are rude and customers are rude also. I would be sent home for the smallest things. Often worked through panic attacks.
Pros
discount food
Cons
rude customers
Supportive Coworkers
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOMay 18, 2019
The managers are professional and kind. They provide an excellent diverse work environment and we all act as a team. We are like a family in some ways and we have many regular customers that make our day. The hardest part of the job is having to multitask constantly and be on our feet the whole workday.
Pros
Closes in the afternoon, high-quality food, supportive coworkers
Cons
No breaks, early hours
It’s bright and great energy
Waitress/Server (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 15, 2019
I loved the hours of the job and the unique types of pancakes. I was always able to spend time with my baby afterwards. I actually hear that they’re expanding. That’s great news to me which means shorter wait time.
Pros
They close at 3 pm
Cons
No reservations
Best restaurant I ever worked.
Lead Server/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAMay 13, 2019
A great place to work. The equivalent of Fine Dining in the pancake/waffle restaurants. Weekdays are steady and always a waiting list on weekends. Co-workers are a fun group to be around and the owners are sincerely the kindest people you could ever work for. Free shift meal and the owners bought a cake for everyone's birthday and Pizza For All on special occasions. I walked with at least a bill 95% of the time.
Pros
Free shift meal, 6-7 hour shifts, great staff and owners
Cons
No station rotation, too many people on the floor sometimes
Great!
Server, Manager (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNApril 24, 2019
Great place to work, you make very good money, and usually done by 3:30. Most customers are regulars, so you get to know them very well. Highly recommended.
pancake house
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 22, 2019
it was a nice easy job took a lot of patience because some of the customers were rude. The restaurant needs an upgrade in size because it's so popular especially on weekends.
Worst management
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAApril 12, 2019
Very Chaotic, manager was always tweaked out and blamed everyone else for the problems in the restaurant instead of properly handling it. Not efficient with multitasking whatsoever, unprofessional. Surprised customers didn’t complain about her tweaking out. Always felt uncomfortable around her. Everything ran much smoother on the days she didn’t work.
Cons
Manager from purgatory
Good place to make money
Server (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 5, 2019
Good people, good management, great food. I liked my coworkers but the food was the best part of the job. They gave us decent discounts. The breakfast rush happens then it gets slow
productive team player environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORApril 4, 2019
Owners and management always make sure you're happy and feel safe in the environment
I have learned so many valuable lessons such as; how to be a team player, how to always make a dining room look presentable, how to have great people skills and how to deal with stress when things get busy!
Extremely happy I worked for the pancake house it was an amazing job experience that I believe other management should take notes on how they run their business.
Pros
free breakfast, potlucks sometimes, great staff
Ehh
Cook (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 29, 2019
I'm not gonna complain too much about this job. It did pay the bills but no advancement opportunities were available. The manager was less than favorable. He knew his job but lacked proper communication skills with employees. I've worked for some disrespectful characters in my past and things like this normally don't bother me but I literally wanted to do harm. Pay was decent considering just cooking breakfast but you can forget about a break, if you can get 10 minutes to yourself on an 8 hour shift, consider yourself lucky.
Pros
Fast paced job
Cons
No advancement or breaks
Awesome coworkers relaxed environment for the most part
Cook (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMarch 17, 2019
Worked there for 6yrs. Managment and owners make u feel like family. Good pay advancement for new hires. Very fast paced weekends but weekdays are pretty relaxed
Pros
Hours and pay
Cons
No pay advancement for long term employees
fun place to work
Janitor/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAMarch 13, 2019
hared working standing on your feet a lots of fun boss real cool to work with give time off to go to the doctor and to the store and paid is cool if
Supportive environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 11, 2019
Relaxed, team-oriented place to work. Super clean. Usually very busy! Potential to make great money. Management is professional. Positive, supportive environment.
Pros
Discounts on food, good money, good management, teamwork, very clean
Cons
Clientele at times, slow days
always moving
Busboy (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 11, 2019
it was a morning job. i was there by 7 am and started to set up the tables and making sure that they had clean utensils. i would get the coffee ready and waited for costumers to walk in for i could sit them down in a table.
Host and Server (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYJanuary 30, 2019
I enjoy working for this Company a lot . Everyone is very nice and easy to get along with. Kitchen is very well staffed. Everything runs very smoothly.
Nice employees
Hostess/Cashier (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 29, 2019
Good environment, very friendly workers. Everyone is nice and is really helpful to one another. Manager will work with you and respect you and any opinions
Pros
Free lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Original Pancake House. Our community is ready to answer.