The Original Pancake House Employee Reviews

Lots of Manual Labor, Good part time job
Dishwasher/Busser (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 27, 2018
It is a good job to work for a part time job. I would not recommend for full time. A lot of manual labor, smiles, and the customer is right. But try hard and respect and you will do nothing but succed
Quick money
Server (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLAugust 23, 2018
Overall it is a decent place to work. Too many changes lately and the owner is more focused on the customer and less focused on the employees. But with change usually comes good things. I would recommend it for some quick cash especially if you like serving.
Pros
The money
Cons
no job security
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Maple Valley, WAAugust 22, 2018
Great place to work but very fast paced. Very busy on weekend mornings- around 1 pm. Nights are not as busy. Tips spread across to hosts not just the servers.
Lovely people to meet at the work space!
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 12, 2018
I personally very much enjoy The Original Pancake House and all of the people I work with on a daily bases there! I enjoy the customers and the friends I’ve met along the way at my job!
Pros
Friendly co workers, discounts on food and beverage.
Fast paced with a 6am to 3pm shifts. Pleasant customers
Server (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDAugust 7, 2018
Good hours. Fast paced. Positive customers. Accommodating management and staff. Good food. Family oriented. Good tips.

When it is busy, servers help each other out.
Pros
Fast paced and good tips
Fun place to work
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHJuly 23, 2018
Very fast paced. Management supported all the time and appreciated the job I did. Morning job which was very convenient. Cooked 6 egg omelets which was challenging.
Pros
Morning job
Cons
Low salary
Busy but easy
Busser/ Food Runner/ Server (Former Employee) –  Edgewater, NJJuly 7, 2018
Come in and you are assigned side work. You set up and do whatever needs to be done, whether it is coffee, cutting strawberries, making whip cream or setting up the toast and condiments. After you are done you have section/tables assigned to you and you must always attend those tables. Greet guest. Make sure they have proper setting and water. Ask for their order but also offer things to them. Make them feel warm and welcomed as if they are home. Always make sure your tables are clean for the next guest and always go above and beyond to make them happy. And after you are finished for the day you clean up whatever you had to set in the beginning of the day and you cash out the bussers, and food runner, payout the restaurant and go home.
Pros
discount food and good money.
Cons
fast paced and hectic.
It was just OK
Interim Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 19, 2018
Weekly planning meetings, daily work on projects to drive sales and lower cost. Reviewed applications, scheduled staff and training sessions. Audits overall store operations and cleanliness.
I wasn't't even trying to get a job there but being a year unemployed put things in perspective
Bus boy/ Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 14, 2018
I work in a fast paced work environment that puts an enormous amount of stress and it worsens in the holidays. God help you, if you work there cause its a bloody nightmare.
Pros
Free gloves
Cons
No breaks
Special place to work - very personable staff and management.
Host (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORJune 8, 2018
The management made it easy to have a good day! Always very nice and understanding. Even when the day was crazy and super busy, the management knew how to make employees comfortable while also making sure customers were being taken care of and left having a great experience.
Stressful
WAITRESS (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORJune 4, 2018
I cried everyday while working there. One of the owners was very inappropriate when it came to the waitress/hostesses and even the customers. They were always rude and give too many tables when it was insanely busy.
*Shrugs Shoulders*
Employee (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXJune 4, 2018
Management was nice. Corporate was a pain, which has never been a complaint or worry of mine (i.e. lacks communication skills and feels threatened of skilled employees). Ownership is good with being hands on and respectful. The only problems with the Ownership is a jack of all trades and a master of none. Also, lacks marketing/most modern kitchen and restaurant standards.Customized standards that needs to be revisited. Kitchen focused which is nice but lacks focus in most other aspects.Really great concept just poorly executed.
Pros
Pay, Management, Concept
Cons
most things above Management Level
Wonderful Environment!
Server (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 25, 2018
Loves the place. A wonderful work environment and even more wonderful coworkers. A typical day at work consisted of lots of team work that helped get a lot of happy families fed and satisfied :)
inconsistent customers, horrible management, lack of knowledge
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 28, 2018
it used to be a nice place to eat and work but management changed and they don't know how to run the place any longer. Management is currently under review for favoritism, mistreatment and wrongful termination of all employees, I only see that place getting worse to work at and I don't believe it will remain open for much longer.
Pancake house review
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 24, 2018
I have enjoyed working at the pancake house for the past ten years. The have been very accommodating with me and work with me and my schedule on when i can and cannot work.
Pros
Tips are great. Always busy.
Cons
The work load is hard and working 7 days a week is tough.
Staff Like Family
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Poway, CAApril 17, 2018
Working with the kitchen staff, waitresses and other hostesses was a dream because everyone was close. Easy to get shifts covered if needed, helpful all around. Managers took care of you but also maintained a professional restaurant. Repeat customers made the days fun as you were able to take time to connect. Very busy weekends, but never felt overwhelmed.
Pros
Free lunches, meal discounts off the clock
Cons
Only one 15 min break during shift, full shifts spent standing/walking
Why you should work at the Original Pancake House in Plymouth!
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNApril 1, 2018
What I learned from working the Original Pancake House in Plymouth is time management, customer service, and having fun while doing your job. It has taught me life lessons for sure and that everyone there instantly becomes family! I looked forward to each morning. OPH is the most fun loving environment i have ever worked and the hardest part of my job was leaving... that's how great this job is!
Pros
Cons
Youll hate leaving
Nice place to work.
Server (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach County, FLMarch 28, 2018
I opened up every morning, greeted guest at the front door, walked them to the table, took the order, served the guest, cleaned the tables .then did it over again.
Stressful and fast paced
Dishwaher (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 23, 2018
This was my first job it was hard never seen so many dishes in my life but i made me a better dishwasher and a faster worker i respect everyone there .
life
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAMarch 7, 2018
hands on experience, easy training process, competitive pay, full time, relaxed casual dress code for hostesses. loved all of the employees; especiallly the managers. this place really cares about what they do and they will stick with you and have your back if you show you care and youre there for them. very positive experience overall and i didnt leave the company with any ill feelings.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Original Pancake House. Our community is ready to answer.