The Orthopedic Clinic Association Employee Reviews

Overworked, no support, CEO & management were the worst. They pas the blame to every manager and CEO that comes in, horrible turnover
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 5, 2018
CEO & Management a joke. It gets worse w/ every new ones that come in. No bonuses, raises, incentives. Horrible teamwork, pure gossip & backstabbing. Not a good place to be
Cons
No raises, can get firecin an instant. No growth, not fun all gossip
Hitleresque Management lie about you to fire you!
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 10, 2018
DOCTORS and CEO fooled by unqualified, inexperienced lying management that enjoyed firing close to 100 good employees past year. You will be lucky to last 6 months. Don't bother with this place. Overworked and No raises. A bunch of unprofessional idiots running the place. Going downhill fast.
Love
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  AZFebruary 17, 2018
Excellent place to work. Friendly co-workers. Fast paced environment. Relaxed dress code. Fair pay. Helpful management. Current raise freeze. Several PTO days and sicks days.
Pros
Monday-Friday
Cons
No raises recently
I enjoyed my employment with TOCA
Surgery Scheduler / Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 25, 2018
Typical was busy and productive.

Learned to perfect multitasking. Worked with numerous physicians as well as covering for other M.A.s or Surgery Schedulers.

Management was descent when I worked there.

Enjoyable place to work.

Remembering each physicians personal preferences while covering others clinics was the most difficult for me.

I enjoyed the level of professionalism and the interaction with our patients, physicians and co-wokers.
Pros
Freedom and trust to complete your responsibilities.
Cons
Having to travel to cover others clinics.
Management is terrible
Front Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  ArizonaSeptember 22, 2017
TOCA management has gone down since 2014, putting people who are so young as management and giving them all that power goes to their head and they think they can do ask they please. With that you have doctors who make fun of you, for everything, in all honesty it's not the fun joking around kind of tease. TOCA you have lost some of the best people you could have, now you're just processing people in until they leave. Give your employees the raises they need, and start paying them well!
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
All of it.
Big Changes, Positive Growth
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 11, 2018
Recently promoted to an in-clinic surgery scheduler, love the new structure, enjoy working with my team. Management is making changes in a positive direction. With all change, things take time. I have been here for many years and this last year is the first time I feel inspired, hopeful, and appreciated. Excited to be a member of the new TOCA team.
Pros
Culture change, strong teamwork
Best place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  ArizonaJanuary 11, 2018
Overall the best orthopedic office I’ve been employed within the past 8 years. Doctors are kind and caring. Staff is friendly, welcoming and hardworking. Management is great, open door policy, very helpful, makes sure you feel appreciated, no issues go overlooked. Pay depends upon experience and what is appropriate for your position etc. ( I’m not complaining :) )

On a side note after reading all these negative reviews :/. Do yourself a favor and please keep in mind all jobs can be stressful from time to time, have it’s ups and downs. It’s how you choose to respond, it’s your choice.

At the end of the day I can say I love my job and I enjoy working for TOCA! I would recommend others working here.
Pros
Management, Staff, Doctors
Cons
Insurance
Poorly managed gossip factory with poor training.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 6, 2018
Management consists of fairly young people on a power trip who blame you for their ineptitude and absolutely refuse to communicate or take accountability for mistakes on their end. The first interview left a horrible impression as the person who was supposed to interview me was too inconveniced to do so themselves and their replacement didn’t seem to know the intricacies of the position.

Current staff seem to hate their jobs as they bad mouth management, the providers, and each other on a near constant basis. Everyone seems to have a target on their back or a knife pointed at them ready to stab them with; definitely not a productive environment.
Pros
So far none
Cons
Poorly mismanaged, lack of transparency/communication, too much gossip.
This place is an absolute joke
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 17, 2018
The management is full of people that do not know what they are doing. The CEO is off playing golf all the time while the business tanks. The 2 HR employees are besties and are running TOCA in the ground. You get no training and their motto is “ trial by fire”. Meaning that they will throw you in situations and either you will survive or burn. I would avoid this place like the plague.
Pros
There are no pros
Cons
Poor management, turnover, no training
Very busy
Orthopedic Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AzNovember 18, 2017
Very busy work load. Various clinics are spread out through the valley. You end up driving a lot when you work for TOCA. But hey do have competitive pay and benefits.
super busy
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 18, 2018
well this place has about 15-20 orthopedic doctors in there practice and a lot of staff to cover, this place is like a mini hospital it,s so big and there is a lots of patients. super busy but fun.
Productive, fast pace with great employees
Call center/ Authorizations coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 5, 2017
I enjoyed the time i had working at The Orthopedic Clinic Association. I loved the staff they were amazing to work with you can definitely say team work . Although the management could use training on how to speak to there employees. I was able to obtain so much experience for that i am grateful.
Pros
great enviornment
Cons
lack of management
No communication, Management unwilling to listen to employees
Billing department (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 12, 2016
Extremely high turnover. Management very poor, will wait for weeks for response to problems. Poor raises if you get any. Overtime is expected but not appreciated. Total rumor mill. If you want to feel like your needed and appreciated this isn't the place to work. Always ready to criticize but never ready to acknowledge a job well done.
Pros
Not many. Its a job
Cons
Negativity, disorganized, lack of leadership.
Great place to work. But no advancement opportunities.
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 3, 2017
People were great to work with. The company did not value the employees. Employees did not receive raises for 3 years. But co-workers were the best to work with.
Pros
Great enviroment, great co-workers
Cons
No advancement opportunities. No raises.
I truly enjoyed working at TOCA
Sports Medicine Assistant/Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 28, 2013
It was always very busy. I learned many hands-on and clerical duties from others. People always took the time to work and teach me.
The management was great. They always had an open door policy and would take the time to listen.
I very much enjoyed working each day with my co-workers. They were a joy to be around. They would take the time to assist me when needed.
Pros
patients and co-workers
Cons
no advancement
Poor mamagement
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 20, 2017
Company is very unorganized, stressful, over work you, poor management, high turn over in empolyees. Don't train new employees right. You have to learn on your own. Management does not know what you need to do your job. No teamwork.
Pros
Some good Doctors
Cons
Worst management ever
Productive and changeling.
Referral Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 10, 2014
I have worked all aspects of healthcare a typical day is to run all schedules of 8 Dr's run eligibility on all patients about 120. patients on each schedule make sure copay's and referrals are present and in chart for office visits . called insurance co for eligibility. went on all insurance web sites copy and paste into patient chart.Dr were double booked . Management there was not professional . Co workers had run of office with no supervision .The hardest part of job was keeping up with add on and making sure if a HMO insurance that needed authorization had to be done that same day or had to cancel patients appointment felt bad for the patient .T he most enjoyable part of job was the challenge.
Pros
REP lunches
Cons
Never took breaks
Overall not great
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 2, 2017
The company has a lot of turnover and does not seem to truly care about their employees. Some nice doctors and lower level management try but the upper management makes it hard to be positive.
So much negativity within this organization
Employee (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 1, 2016
You go from working in one department to working another department due to all the HORRIBLE UNORGANIZED management and employee turn over that this so call AMAZING company has. Unappreciated and managers are NEVER there or answer back in time. schedule is ALWAYS POSTED Thurs-Friday so you never know if your going to get that day off next week until the weekend comes. See all their reviews on yelp if you think I'm lying.
Pros
some times free lunch depending on dr
Cons
no lunch at all due to drs lunch clinics
Inexperienced management
Employee (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 18, 2017
Strangely behaving CEO hiring inexperienced kids to manage people without any working knowledge of the clinic and running a great company and overall morale into the ground. Wonderful staff and physicians.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
horrific management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Orthopedic Clinic Association. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6