The Pacific Club Employee Reviews

Great place to grow in the culinary field
Cook (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJune 10, 2019
I have learned a lot during my time at the pacific club. You learn something new every day. Scratch made kitchen is a perk and seasonal ingredients are awesome to work with.
review
Member Favorite (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJanuary 30, 2019
best job i ever had until they decided to move up a lazy supervisor as manager. he turned his family members/ coworkers on me and didn't feel comfortable anymore
Pros
environment and work place is amazing
Cons
no tips poor management
Fun Place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 26, 2018
On a typical day as a server, it was usually busy throughout the lunch rush. Within a 2 hour span, there would be a minimum of 75-100 guests. It is a fast paced work environment for 2 hours which i enjoyed because i love keeping busy. The staff and management were also great. Over time they became more of family then just ordinary staff. Customers there are also good. Yes, you have those who are very rude but more then 80% of the clientele treated the staff well.
Pros
Free lunches, free parking, health care benefits are awesome, pay is great
High Volume Work
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJune 16, 2018
Requires one to be quick in a constantly changing environment with lots of teamwork. Their Core ideas are: Integrity, Growth and "Work your plan, plan your work"
Great place to have an Internship
600 hour Internship (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 21, 2018
As an intern working at The Pacific Club has been a great experience. I have learned everything from marketing and communications, catering admin, banquet captaining and how the everyday culture of a private city club is run. The most enjoyable part of this internship has been being able to learn such a broad spectrum of hospitality as a whole.
Pros
free breakfast, lunch and dinner. Great benefits after probabtion period. Great management and people to work with.
Cons
Half hour break taken out. Poor pay.
Event Coordinator
Banquet and Special Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIDecember 18, 2017
Responsible for scheduling dinner and party reservations. Special events such as weddings, company holiday parties, retirement parties. I learned how to plan and coordinate multiple functions simultaneously. Workplace culture was one of respect, team participation to ensure member satisfaction. The hardest part of the job was scrambling at the last minute to staff functions because of unforeseen no-shows. The most enjoyable part of the job was the success of the events and excellent feedback from the members.
Pros
Planning fun and happy events
Very good place to work as long as you are like minded
Other (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 22, 2017
Enjoyed working at The Pacific Club. Co-workers were great people and hard workers. Management a bit skewed which is not unusual but definitely showed preference.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Preferential treatment, not consistently merit based
For first timers a good place to start.
Banquet Waiter (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 12, 2014
Enough business to keep one busy. I was in high demand by club members. The only problem was with management not dealing with employes who were not motivated with-in themself to do the best job possible. They did provide excellant employe meals and overall I got on very well with managaement. The hardest part of the job was having to always cover someone else's slackness. Usually the same people, day after day. The most enjoyable was knowing I did my best and having my bosses tell me they had constant requests for my service.
Pros
Good meals, uniforms and close to home.
Cons
Some employes with low work ethics.
This was my first exposure to a private membership club.
ASSISTANT MANAGER/MOD/ASST. F/B MGR (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 2, 2013
Although I was grateful that a position had been created for me by a former manager I had worked for at the sheraton waikiki hotel, I resented him resigning 2 weeks later leaving me holding the ball and consequently wearing 4 hats! I did receive a $3,000.00 Annual pay increase after 90 days, I decided
To move to my house in the midwest.

I did enjoy the staff I worked with and have continued contact with more than a few.
Pros
Getting to know the whos who of honolulu
Cons
No comment
great membership
Food and Beverage Director (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 11, 2013
Great hours. Learned how to build events from beginning to end.
Co-workers were ok, not allowed to bring in my own team.
Seeing all of the members on a daily basis.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Pacific Club. Our community is ready to answer.

The Pacific Club Reviews by Location