The Pampered Chef Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Make your own schedule
Independent Director (Former Employee) –  IndianaApril 23, 2018
Great company. Great products. Work as much of as little as you want. The hardest part of the job is building clientele. After a year your business will change. You will know your products & how the system works. Hang in there you will get it. #1 advice is be organized & do customer service calls AFTER the party.
Friendly, helpful Co-Workers, Unrealistic work environment
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILJune 16, 2017
They have a "put on a happy face" attitude however the turnover is very high and the expectations of new employees are quite unrealistic. The hiring process is long and drawn out. In the end, most candidates never even make it to a face to face interview. It can take months to hire one individual. Too many "managers" involved.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Poor communication, unrealistic expectations
Fun to Sell Products You Really Like
Independent Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MAJune 3, 2017
The management of the group I was in was always positive and uplifting.

If this was my primary focus, it would have been more enjoyable.

It wasn't a great fit for me because I could only do it part time and if you didn't keep your activity up, you lost your gains. I wasn't in it to move forward, I was just in it to sell some stuff and make a little extra money.
Pros
Great manager
Cons
They need a consultant to be active every month, but there were some quarters where that was in conflict with my primary job.
Define yourself at your own pace
Independent Director and Sales Trainer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 30, 2017
The Pampered Chef is a wonderful place to work where you can work at your own pace - whether that is fast paced or taking your time. It's an awesome place to work.
Challenging Environment.
Maintenance Electrician/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Addison, IL.March 8, 2017
AAA+ to work for. Enjoyed the people I worked with. Enjoyed the aspects of the job and the ability to be the go to person for special projects. Performed all projects under budget and under time frame required.
Pros
Occasional free product.
Cons
None.
I am having so much fun!
Director (Current Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 31, 2016
I did another direct sales company for 12 years another direct sales business. I actually stumbled upon this business while Christmas shopping one year ! The online tools that they give to Consultants for training purposes are unbelievable. My upline my sidelines every person at the office when I call or super nice and very helpful. When we call they always help us get results and find answers. There are endless opportunities to advance, increase your pay and earn rewards from trips to car allowances!
Pros
Can work online, catalog or cooking shows.
Cons
Self motivation is a must.
Fun Job for setting your own hours
Independent Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILFebruary 22, 2016
This is a real job, if you want it to be. You can make real money...really good real money if you put your mind to it. If you want to set your own hours this is the job for you!
Pros
lots of incentives
Cons
No set salary
Self employment at it's best
Owner/Operator direct sales (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 10, 2016
If setting your own hours is an important requirement for you, this is definitely a direct sales company to be a part of. The Pampered Chef team is amazing!
Transitioning to Where
Technology Team (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILNovember 17, 2015
A lot of change is taking place at The Pampered Chef. Management level is a constant rotation. Attracting and retaining talent is a problem. If joining, good luck!
Pros
They give you product. Less than they used to, but you get some.
Cons
Management is not good. Constant revolving door.
Input equals Output
Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  Royal Center, INOctober 6, 2015
I loved the products I sold, which made it a breeze for me to talk with customers about what the Pampered Chef offers. The more time and effort I put into my business with the Pampered Chef the better result I had with sales.
Pros
Ability to earn free products
Great company
SENIOR QA ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Addison, ILAugust 17, 2015
The Pampered Chef is a great company to work for with a great management team. Great co workers that work very well together. New hires are trained very well.
Part time flexible schedule
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Durham, CTJune 4, 2015
A typical work day consisted of me answering phones, creating work orders, data entry, filing, shipping, receiving and organizing stock. The hardest part of the job was how quiet it was. I was alone in the office often. The best part of the job was the flexible hours and when the other staff came in.
good co-workers
Career Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILMay 15, 2015
Interesting but very rigid,most different company I ever worked for in my entire career. One good thing about TPC they give away a lot of there products.
Pros
Products are good
Cons
Revamped website crippled Company
Be your own boss!
Independent Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bumpass, VAApril 28, 2015
With The Pampered Chef, you can be your own boss, while managing other items, jobs and time with your family. It is very much a customer service position and probably the most enjoyable part is meeting all the new people that attend shows. The training is outstanding and they do not leave you out for the wolves. My team is great and very encouraging.
Great Work at home opportunity
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, CaApril 20, 2015
I love working for this company, the awards and prizes are great and so easy to earn. I love the fact that you get what you put into it and you are able to work at your schedule.
Pros
free product
good
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Castle Rock, WAApril 9, 2015
Good for stay at home mothers who want to make a little money on the side. The hardest part of this job is getting people to host parties. The part that was great tho is being able to make friends.
lots of rewards and fun
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MAMarch 25, 2015
I love working with The Pampered Chef. There is no limit to the income potential. The flexibility and acknowledgement are amazing. As well as money, we earn trips, jewelry and free products.
fun environment.
Flexible Schedule, Life/Work Balance, No Supervision
Independent Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Corinth, MEMarch 5, 2015
Becoming a business owner has given me some opportunities for self discipline, gaining social connection, and having fun with products I truly love and enjoy selling. Because I work a full-time job I don't always find time to promote my business or make phone calls for leads on getting another show booking but I really enjoy what I have been able to do so far.
Promotes Flexibility and Independence
Independent Consultant (Current Employee) –  Roca, NEJanuary 16, 2015
Gives you the flexibility to work at whatever level you prefer. Work independently with the support of a team.
Pros
Make your own hours.
Stuck in time!
Level 2 Tech support (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILJanuary 15, 2015
OK company to work for.
Most of the people that work there are stuffy! Not so much room for creativity! The most cleanest company I have ever worked for.
There proprietary software in antiquated and hard to work with!
Few good people still work there.
Pros
Some good perks
Cons
Stuffy