The Partners Group Employee Reviews

Great if you are Swiss
Vice President of Capital Markets (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 29, 2018
The firm is Swiss and as much most of decision are driven from the HQ investment committee.The culture is was very old school with a centralized command and control culture
Work is plentiful when available
Project Attorney (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 12, 2018
They do their best to place you on projects that last a few months. Projects are available on-site or through working in the dedicated document review space they use.
Temp Position
Document Reviewer for Multimillion (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 20, 2017
I worked with the Partners Group under a temporary position contract. The communication was great as everything was handled via email. The timeliness of communication was not as good. There was always someone available to fill in if another person at the office was out or unavailable.
A Maddening Experience
Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAOctober 26, 2017
Brokers were not managed very well.Office environment was reflective of a locker room. Lots of inappropriate behavior and comments in the office. Too much back biting.
Pros
Middle Management and support staff were great
Cons
Compensation
Good Benefits
Private Equity Investment Associate (Current Employee) –  LondonAugust 17, 2017
The firm provides good benefits, especially relative to U.S. peers. The firm for example offers the same vacation days provided to employees in Swiss HQ across its global offices.
Pros
Free lunches
Great culture
Senior Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 14, 2017
Open floor concept makes it easy to approach local senior management. there is a disconnect between the senior management in the Swiss head quarters and US staff. The pay is not great but the benefits are awesome.
Pros
free lunch, match 401k, full health care package, life insurance.
Cons
pay, Overseas management structure
Great Place to Work
Project Attorney (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 19, 2017
I loved working there. The Partners Group is a premier national legal recruiting/staffing firm which provides attorneys to law firms and corporate legal departments.
Project/Staff Attorney
Professional assignments include commercial transactions support for Trusted Counsel (Ashley), LLC, sophisticated e-discovery review for Emerge (Troutman Sanders), and M&A due diligence and contract management solutions for Morris Manning & Martin.
The people are great but the owner is abusive
Collector (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJJune 20, 2017
The people are great but the owner is abusive, rude and unrealistic.
He won't take advise of ever hear what the workers are faced with day to day all he cares about is how much money you collected.
Cons
It was a fun place to work.
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bayamón, PRJuly 22, 2015
Even tho we had a lot of pressure in the office there were allways time for the employers to exchange points of views about the ways that the company can grow and be better for the clients that needed our services for us the employers as well.
Pros
it was more like a family.
Well structured private markets investment management firm
Junior Consultant Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 30, 2013
Learned a lot about the Firm's products that span private equity, private debt, real estate, and infrastructure asset classes. Co-workers were all very smart and motivated, especially on the sales and investment teams. The hardest part of the job was getting new consultant contacts and the most enjoyable part of the job was getting consultants on-board with some of our funds offerings.
Pros
Free lunches, beautiful office
Cons
Swiss based firm so they tend to send employees there for training
Nice co-workers, great learning experience.
Investment Research and Writing Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 12, 2013
I spent most of my day gathering information across several internal databases and writing investment summaries on the investments I was responsible for. Management was timely and responsive - their feedback helped me immensely with my financial writing skills. My co-workers never hesitated to answer my questions and were easy to speak to. The hardest part of the job was understanding the nuances behind each investment rationale and verbalizing them, but this was the part I enjoyed the most. I came out of this internship with a valuable overview of the private equity investment landscape and relevant writing and research skills.
Pros
Seamless for lunch, espresso machines
Cons
Open floor plan could be distracting sometimes
good synergy
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 30, 2013
good synergy; fast paced; pressure oriented everyday workload