The Partners Group

The Partners Group Employee Reviews

United States19 reviews
Meh
No room for growth, no training program or mentors. Not much direction or support. If your not in the boys club your basically nothing to them. Very micromanaged by team lead
Customers and employees are last on the company's concerns
A typical day at work is everyone complaining about management and how we lost most of our customers. They continually worry about the nickels and dimes and not the customers and what we can do to make things better.

Everything is about procedures and what will be done not what can we do for the customer.

We have lost customers and we have lost business for other customers. We can't seem to get things done right the first time and we have a lot of reworks when we finally do have work to run.

Try and ask a question and you will get your head bit of and you will be degraded for not knowing the answer.

A very negative and condescending atmosphere. CP
Management issues
They like to play favorites, and stay popular. My 8 month experience there started like any other job - very friendly associates, good benefits, good training, etc. Then after the company retreat, you got to see their true colors. Things got ugly, and a classified employee was harassed by senior management. I witnessed and told them what happened. The senior manager stayed, I was let go 2 days later.
Horrible company culture and lacking of senior management
There was almost zero senior management. They will overwork and UNDER PAY you. They will dangle promotions and career advancement opportunities in front of you to only give them to someone in Switzerland or bring someone in. Would especially never recommend for a woman to work here - you will be looked at as a second class citizen/employee.
Flexible
Like with most document work, the schedule is flexible. Management needs help. Management was not often around unless they received feedback that concerned them from the client.
Pros
Occasional lunch
Cons
Management is disinterested.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Good People
Good people! Needs to have better communication with Applicants. It would be nice to meet the recruiters. Maybe an Open House would help orientate Applicants.
Great if you are Swiss
The firm is Swiss and as much most of decision are driven from the HQ investment committee.The culture is was very old school with a centralized command and control culture
Productive atmosphere with the right amount of supervision
Partners' Group is a litigation support firm that works directly with law firms that do not have enough support staff for their litigation cases. Attorneys for each case are given the parameters of the work and then proceed to follow the instructions given for their part of the litigation. Meetings and status updates can vary from once a day to once a week.
Pros
Independence of work
Work is plentiful when available
They do their best to place you on projects that last a few months. Projects are available on-site or through working in the dedicated document review space they use.
Temp Position
I worked with the Partners Group under a temporary position contract. The communication was great as everything was handled via email. The timeliness of communication was not as good. There was always someone available to fill in if another person at the office was out or unavailable.
A Maddening Experience
Brokers were not managed very well.Office environment was reflective of a locker room. Lots of inappropriate behavior and comments in the office. Too much back biting.
Pros
Middle Management and support staff were great
Cons
Compensation
Good Benefits
The firm provides good benefits, especially relative to U.S. peers. The firm for example offers the same vacation days provided to employees in Swiss HQ across its global offices.
Pros
Free lunches
Great culture
Open floor concept makes it easy to approach local senior management. there is a disconnect between the senior management in the Swiss head quarters and US staff. The pay is not great but the benefits are awesome.
Pros
free lunch, match 401k, full health care package, life insurance.
Cons
pay, Overseas management structure
Great Place to Work
I loved working there. The Partners Group is a premier national legal recruiting/staffing firm which provides attorneys to law firms and corporate legal departments.
Project/Staff Attorney

Professional assignments include commercial transactions support for Trusted Counsel (Ashley), LLC, sophisticated e-discovery review for Emerge (Troutman Sanders), and M&A due diligence and contract management solutions for Morris Manning & Martin.
The people are great but the owner is abusive
The people are great but the owner is abusive, rude and unrealistic.
He won't take advise of ever hear what the workers are faced with day to day all he cares about is how much money you collected.
Cons
It was a fun place to work.
Even tho we had a lot of pressure in the office there were allways time for the employers to exchange points of views about the ways that the company can grow and be better for the clients that needed our services for us the employers as well.
Pros
it was more like a family.
Well structured private markets investment management firm
Learned a lot about the Firm's products that span private equity, private debt, real estate, and infrastructure asset classes. Co-workers were all very smart and motivated, especially on the sales and investment teams. The hardest part of the job was getting new consultant contacts and the most enjoyable part of the job was getting consultants on-board with some of our funds offerings.
Pros
Free lunches, beautiful office
Cons
Swiss based firm so they tend to send employees there for training
Nice co-workers, great learning experience.
I spent most of my day gathering information across several internal databases and writing investment summaries on the investments I was responsible for. Management was timely and responsive - their feedback helped me immensely with my financial writing skills. My co-workers never hesitated to answer my questions and were easy to speak to. The hardest part of the job was understanding the nuances behind each investment rationale and verbalizing them, but this was the part I enjoyed the most. I came out of this internship with a valuable overview of the private equity investment landscape and relevant writing and research skills.
Pros
Seamless for lunch, espresso machines
Cons
Open floor plan could be distracting sometimes
good synergy
good synergy; fast paced; pressure oriented everyday workload