The Parts House Employee Reviews

Stressful
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLMay 5, 2019
One manager was cool, the rest came off way too rude and did not appreciate even their best employees. Pay was way too low considering the stress that was brought upon to employees.
Pros
Set schedule
Cons
Management, Hot, Under-Appreciated, Low Pay
Enjoyed working there
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMarch 21, 2019
My time at the parts house I was treated with respect, and enjoyed the people I worked with. I would recommend anyone to work there. Management was wonderful to work for.
Not a great place to work for if you actually have bills and a family to support
Driver (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLMarch 20, 2019
No way to move up, management is horrible even when you explain to people that are married are having an affair which causes a damper on the work environment as well as their performance on the job. What they lack in falls on the drivers. Dispatcher is too busy playing footsies with the boss and talks down on the drivers. When concerns were expressed to the regional manager, they were more concerned with other issues such as someone else just wanting the position. The boss does not talk to you and pull you aside and tell you what the problem is, instead tells all of the other employees. Not very professional at all.
Pros
Flexibility to take time off
Cons
Management and dispatching
Do you love stress and low pay?
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 16, 2019
Not a very good environment. Management is always changing things just as the current method is going good. You want a raise, you better ask for it and plan on doing more work outside of your regular job. Raises don’t always come through right away as well. They will also take it away if management feels you aren’t doing enough work for that amount of money. I can probably count on two hands how many people in the warehouse actually work hard. Everyone complains..... and no one leaves. Don’t get stuck!
Benefits
Cons
Low pay
No management
Driver (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAMarch 6, 2019
Everyone just does their on thing. No leadership.. No one person in charge. No teamwork, one person needs to be in charge. A military guy does more brown nose to not do no work. Spend time with supervisors so has not to stock warehouse. Just a job so much pressure.
People just singlily do what the want to do.
The place is no place to advance. No manager. All just worker bees.counter people have no clue on whats going in warehouse.
Stock is all mixed up, parts are 9feet off the floor, not enough ladder s to get to them u have to climb up on the shelfs. Equipment to move stock is broken, or not good for the job. Needs dollys.. Platform table for heavy stock..
Just not a good warehouse, and unsafe.
Pros
There is none
Cons
Pressure..no manager..stock shelfed in unsafe spaces..stock not stored properly
Workers are very lazy , management does nothing to fix any work related issues.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 2, 2019
It was a non smoking place but everyone smoked a lot inside as well. Coworkers would make a mess and never clean up after themselves again you would say something to management and again they would not do anything about it . No one cares and likes the job and if you like to work they will do anything to try and give you their work so they can smoke all day and get paid. Overall horrible place to work do not work for the parts house it’s a waste of time and whatever dollar amount you start at is what you stay at they don’t give raises.
Pros
Non
Cons
Owner, ceo, management
Not a very good place to work.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 10, 2018
Unpleasant work environment, hot, dusty. Management incompetent. Not paid enough for amount of work completed. No opportunity for advancement or increases in salary. Only worked there out of necessity.
good job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLDecember 2, 2018
It was a good job, But I hate driving so it was not the position for me. I don't like driving, and I have to do a lot of personal driving as well, so I don't want to do it for a living
Workers were fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 26, 2018
The two guys I worked with were funny and entertaining. We all worked together to get orders out the door. The management was ok but did not bother us too much.
Underpaid and Overworked
Parts Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 20, 2018
If you plan on dying in the summer heat and freezing in the winter and barely making more than minimum wage in the process, then this is the job for you! It also includes being belittled, and undervalued. Your opinions will fall on deaf ears, and doing your job will be a challenge due to the fact that the place is a disaster area.
Pros
401K, Health Insurance
Cons
punished for overtime, horrible management, unorganized, low pay
At the store level good people to work with
Manager (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLOctober 17, 2018
It was a company that you felt like family but since half got bought out management is laking
No goals no communication
But employees are for the most friendly and willing to help
Pros
Friendly
Cons
No communication at all between RVP and the store
Great people to work with.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  TennesseeSeptember 24, 2018
Began by contacting my sales people to insure they were up to date with any changes, special offerings, training and general temperature of the business in their assigned territories. I then returned calls to customers regarding delivery issues, pricing and product availability. I then met with vendor reps to go over upcoming sales programs and go over the implementation of the program. I would set up time to travel with the sales people to meet with their customers on regular basis. I learned to read sales projections and requirements. I set up annual sales budgets by sales territory and corporate requirements. The hardest part of the job was scheduling my time. The most enjoyable part was the travel and being able to interact with all parts of the business.
Pros
Great leadership and flexibility to do my job.
Cons
No real cons
Good Work Life Balance
Other (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 21, 2018
The Parts House has allowed me the freedom to help grow my career goals. It also provides a good work life balance and has a lot of great people that work well as a team
You can't be a snowflake to work here.
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 8, 2018
Fun place to work with good coworkers, but lousy managers, while I was there over two years ago. The work is physical. You have to be able to do manual labor and I became the healthiest I have ever been. The warehouse has no AC, so you can't be a snowflake to work there.
Pros
discounts on all auto parts
Cons
No AC
good place to work
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 5, 2018
lots of fast paced work in a warehouse. good people and hard work. work was repetitive but allowed for chances to advance. additional text to reach the word count.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 4, 2018
Unless you are 'one of the gang' don't bother wanting to advance. It's like being in high school. Not much training in the area I worked. Fin for yourself, sink or swim, kind of atmosphere.
It was a Nice place to work
Receiving manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 2, 2018
It was okay until the managers get so stressed they will treat you differently and hold grudges.

but overall the parts house was a pleasant place to work for people who come to work hard and get the job done.

I will say there is extreme heat and you should always stay hydrated.

I would work there again.
Good Work Environment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 20, 2018
They offer a lot of benefits corresponding your longevity there. Everyone is relaxed so long as you do your job well, I had no complaints in my time there, wish they had them up here so i could've just transferred. recommend to anyone who likes a warehouse environment.
Pros
Christmas Giveaways, Benefits, mon-fri
Cons
40+ hour weeks, commute to work
Excellent experience for beginners
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Guaynabo, PRMay 9, 2018
Excellent experience for beginners. I learned a lot about the the product. Managers were flexible and accessible. Casual attire was allowed. Teamwork and collaboration is a must.
okay
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 29, 2018
It's okay for a job. Not much of a career. No training to speak of. Most people are okay but if you have not been there for 20 plus years, you are not going to fit in.