The Party Staff Employee Reviews

Great company to gain exsposure to the world of Special Events!
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAFebruary 12, 2019
After 18 years in restaurants, catering companies, and kitchens, "The Party Staff " was an excellent place to begin taking the skills I had learned in those venues and putting them to work in the exciting world of Special Events!

I enjoyed being at different events and in a different type of service role for almost every shift! One night you could be scheduled as a food server, the next night a bartender, and the next a lead server or event manager, and "The Party Staff " provides paid training for just about all of those positions!!

I met and worked with some incredibly talented people and had a lot of fun along the way!

To anyone who wants to be involved in the world of special events"The Party Staff " is by far the best company to explore with!
Pros
Simple and easy access to shift assignments and schedule
Cons
Benefits like compensation for travelling expenses with your own vehicle
February 20, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear you love our fun, flexible work assignments that take you to exciting venues! Thank you for being a part of The Party Staff team!

Flexible, fun, great place to learn, amazing venues
Staffer, Sign-In (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAFebruary 12, 2019
What Party Staff might lack compared to more "traditional" forms of work, they more than make up for it with fun, flexible work assignments that are interesting and take you out to all kinds of exciting venues. Party Staff has been around for so long (decades!) that their client base is the envy of so many of these start-ups coming on the scene these days. Plus, Party Staff is W-2 (not 1099), which is very attractive to me since I don't want the hassle of paying my own taxes.
February 20, 2019

We are incredibly grateful that you took the time out to leave us this review. Its employees like you that make our company great! Thank you for all you do!

Don’t waste your time applying to this company
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 4, 2019
False advertisement for pay rates seems like it’s just a scam to get people to come to interviews where they have no intentions of paying the rates advertised
Pros
Nothkng
Cons
Pay
February 7, 2019

Thank you for your review. The party staff Inc. takes every measure to ensure pay rates are market competitive in all locations. Pay rates are assigned upon hire at an industry competitive pay range and depending on experience. Above that, in some cases there are specific pay rates set for a particular client or shift. All employees are made aware of their pay before being hired and if the pay is varied for a specific event, staff will know the pay rate before confirming. Please contact the Party Staff office for any additional questions or concerns you may have.

Fun, Meet famous people,
Cashier Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 22, 2019
Work was where ever they send you.
I learned that there is more to success.
some management were not so easy to work with.
worked at supper bowl party, and Avondale ballpark
Pros
Met so many interesting people
Cons
Not enough hours as well as short breaks
The Party Staff
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CADecember 19, 2018
I mostly catered weddings and other private parties. I would help set up the tables, chairs and other table decor. Once the guests arrived, I would serve them throughout the event and then clear and breakdown the setting along with my co-workers.
I can't honestly say that I was a fan of working for the company, as they did steal all of our tips and their management team is very unorganized and refuses to talk to you...But it taught me how to adapt in an uncomfortable work environment and, being a lead caterer, how to take control of my staff.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Stole tips, No benefits, Tried to fire me due to a medical reason
January 9, 2019

Thank you for your review. The Party Staff takes employee concerns seriously and would appreciate if you contact our office to review this situation. The Party Staff does not discuss employee matters on social media to preserve the privacy of our employees.

Don’t waste time
Dietary Aidwouldnt know (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 13, 2018
They promised a position did paper work took photo for badge . Everything they said ok we will pay this much and we will call you this weekend to start . They never did . Turns out they backed out and didn’t have the decency to call and let me know that the deal fell . I wasted my time and management sucks . This went on for day .
Cons
Suck poor manager
December 19, 2018

Thank you for the feedback. The Party Staff offers jobs as they come in and based on the timing and availability submitted by our staff, we match the right clients with the right staff. The best way to get the most shifts is by actively submitting your availability via online calendar in advance. Business fluctuates and so does client demand so the most work offers go to those with the most availability. Please contact the office to discuss your immediate availability and any other concerns you may have about your employment with TPS.

fun work and different types of work
Server (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 2, 2018
was a great company to work for and did a variety of different types of clients. Did major sporting events and also kept me busy. was able to request jobs based on intrest
I was very happy working at different job sites that party staff asked me to take
Banquet Server/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 14, 2018
Most jobs give up to week training if needed on a job assignment. You learn up to date job care. I would not say any of is hard. Most very easy. They always have a high and very well trained management on all job assignment taking. The culture of the job was 100% enjoyable.
Pros
very on a free lunch now and then.
Poor managment, Shysters. Eww.
Server (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 23, 2018
Disclaimer: I won't be writing in complete sentences, as I don't want to waste any more of my time dealing with this company.
Poor pay: Charges $27 per person per hour. I was started at $11 per hour even with 4 years experience and references.
Poor management: Its painstaking to get someone to respond to an email if its a complaint. If you call they always take a message to get you off the phone.
Not uncommon for them to call with a three-hour notice of a job.
Pros
Can pick your hours
Cons
Poor salary. Poor management
November 13, 2018

Thank you for your review. The party staff Inc. takes every measure to ensure pay rates are market competitive in all locations. Pay rates are assigned upon hire at an industry competitive pay range and depending on experience. Above that, in some cases there are specific pay rates set for a particular client or shift. All employees are made aware of their pay before being hired and if the pay is varied for a specific event, staff will know the pay rate before confirming. As always, each shift is offered to staff on a case by case basis based on staff availability. Every Staff member has the option to decline an event offer for any reason. We would just ask that if you do decline a shift, you call the office to review the reason so we can see if we can offer another shift that better suits your schedule or current needs. If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to contact us directly at 619-563-3900.

Good Work Environment Low Pay
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92108October 21, 2018
The staff and management are easy to work with and many opportunities are present to improve your skills. Work is almost always available for employees with flexible availability and willingness to drive to job sites. The pay is very close to minimum wage for most assignments.
Horrible management and office
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Campbell, CAOctober 9, 2018
I am a bartender with over 10 yrs experience. During the interview I was told there was plenty of work for a full service bartender. Orientation I was told the same . They were happy I had the experience. 4 months later I've worked 2 bar jobs that were beer and wine . I've been sent to 6 jobs that were serving jobs. Every time I tried to talked to talk to them about it, no one answered the phone, I got no direct answeres.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Horrible management / no real bartending work. Lies
November 13, 2018

Thank you for your review. All applicants to the party staff are made aware that most hospitality shifts are Server shifts. So, to be offered the most work opportunities, we ask that those seeking bar shifts also remain available to work server shifts. In a typical event, there may be 10 servers and 1 bar tender requested so it is fair to say we may offer sever work vs bar work 10 to one in line with industry needs. Please contact the Party Staff office at 408-364-8888 for any additional questions or concerns you may have.

Party Staff
Banquet Server Lead (Team Captain) (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 16, 2018
It is was a great pleasure to be a banquet caption with party staff. We have the best staff in Denver and we keep our client really happy to work with us. We use the online calendar to confirm and decline jobs to manage our shift and hours. I like working with Party Staff a lot, and I learned communication skill and management ability from the caption job. The reason why I left because it was a part time job and I can't guarantee 40 hours a week.
Fun work place
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Campbell, CASeptember 10, 2018
I enjoyed working at party staff got to meet a lot of people and gave me the opportunity to be hired in a growing company where I grew as well. Enjoyed the different kinda of events
Fun work space
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 4, 2018
My experience working for party staff last located in san Francisco ca was amazing awesome & knowledgeable tasks .Met a lot of cool people along the way.
Very Poor Management.
DISHWASHER (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 21, 2018
Management was horrible. Worked in some of the nastiest buildings. Was barely able to get a hold of any Manager. Randomly got my hours cut. Was not able to Re-apply.
Pros
Worked in various buildings
Cons
Poor Management. Poor Pay.
November 13, 2018

Thank you for your review. The Party Staff takes employee concerns seriously and would appreciate if you contact our office at 210 853-0233 to review this situation. The Party Staff does not discuss employee matters on social media to preserve the privacy of our employees.

A Hospitality Staffing Company that knows how to execute their events
Bartender (Former Employee) –  San Francisco and SeattleAugust 18, 2018
Simple here.I wish other competitors would adopt a system like theirs of work offer, you accept or decline, then you see your monthly schedule. Work requests and priorities for those who "wow" a temp job or new boss. Ability to work around different schedules and issues and has compassion. I wish they would branch into different markets. I had to relocate. They gace me great assignments
Pros
flexible, professional, available
Cons
buy out clauses, not all markets have the jobs you want, so sometimes you take what you don't want just to work
fun place
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 13, 2018
my overall experience was great i never had any issues with the company. being able to make and choose your schedule is a huge plus. I was able to work at different events all over los angeles.
Pros
able to make your own schedule
Cons
some events were a bit far
Good for Temp Work
Freelance Chef (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, CAAugust 1, 2018
Good for the holiday season if you want extra cash. Exposes you to other employers if you are looking for permanent work. Management is so-so. This is only meant for temporary work. Do not try to make a consistent living off of this company. If you can, awesome, but I wouldn't recommend it.
Pros
Flexible schedule on your own terms.
Cons
Very slow during the summer. Management is so-so.
November 13, 2018

Thank you for the feedback. The Party Staff offers jobs as they come in and based on the timing and availability submitted by our staff, we match the right clients with the right staff. The best way to get the most shifts is by actively submitting your availability via online calendar in advance. Business fluctuates and so does client demand so the most work offers go to those with the most availability. We can definitely provide work opportunities to those with student schedules or even full-time work schedules so we welcome students and those who already have full time jobs to apply now and join The Party Staff. Please contact the office to discuss your immediate availability and any other concerns you may have about your employment with TPS.

Great idea, poorly run
STAFFING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 21, 2018
When I first started I really enjoyed my coworkers and the events we worked, but as I moved up in the company and started working in the office, I could see more clearly how poorly it was run and how little the corporate office in L.A. cared about their staff or how the Denver market was different. They paid their staff extremely low wages but demanded unreasonable things without proper compensation. I was an advocate for the staff, and eventually that caught the attention of the higher ups and I was forced out. I made sure there was reimbursement for travel and tips were disbursed fairly, but management didn't value those things. It's a real shame because the concept is great and we had some truly fantastic people working in the field.
Fun Staffing Agency for the Banquet Industry
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 3, 2018
I had a great time while I was working for Party Staff, from the management team to the leads and captains, everyone was welcoming and friendly. The events were also quite the catch, from opening the Tobin Center, to galas and weddings!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Party Staff. Our community is ready to answer.