The Party Staff

The Party Staff insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Great company, stay true to what you registered as

Great company, stay true to what you registered as. I was hired as a bartender and one gig tried to get me to switch over to cook. I have no kitchen experience and was not comfortable being asked to be a frier when I’ve never done that before and was dressed/signed up to bartend.

Pros

Work is available if you are open

Cons

Even if you state your schedule, they’ll call you

Must be willing to be sent out to different locations each job and be willing to do up to 10 hours of work in one day.

I loved working with The Party Staff. It allowed me to take on different roles almost every week and experience certain jobs I would otherwise have never.

February 12, 2020
Hi, thanks for the compliments! We take pride in providing the members of our Party Staff family with rewarding and meaningful career experiences! Thanks for all you do!

Temporary

Positions can be far apart geographically. Staff is courteous and pay fluctuates. This is a great place to work to gain experience in mill tile areas

January 24, 2020
Hi, we’re glad you feel valued and rewarded as part of the Party Staff family! Thanks for the kind words and we’ll continue working hard to provide you with happy and meaningful career experiences!

A good place to work

I found that working for this staffing agency was fun and it was cool to have different venue every time. Never got boring and I got to experience so many different things.

Pros

Experencing different venues

Cons

Sometimes long distances to job and low pay

October 16, 2019
Hi, we’re glad you enjoy working at The Party Staff! We love having you on the team and are excited for more opportunities to provide you with rewarding and meaningful career experiences! Thanks again for taking the time to provide your feedback!

Would Not Recommend

Interview/hiring process was fine, went rather quickly. After that, work was minimal, no raises even though new ppl were getting paid $2-3 more than me, hours were missing on paychecks (which we had to call in OR have the lead report in) People seemed unhappy in the office; went from 5 ppl in the office to only 2 working there. On events, we'd get chucked into the fire with no help from TPS then clients would either be angry bc we didn't know something or rush to explain.. So many people leave bc theres either no work, communication sucks, or paycheck is wrong.

Pros

Interview was easy

Cons

Hours unstable and reporting hours was a pain. Not seen as an employee, just another number they could fill quota with.. No upward mobility.

July 17, 2019
Thank you for your review. The Party Staff Inc. takes every measure to ensure pay rates are market competitive in all locations. Pay rates are assigned upon hire at an industry competitive pay range and depending on experience. Above that, in some cases there are specific pay rates set for a particular client or shift. All employees are made aware of their pay before being hired and if the pay is varied for a specific event, staff will know the pay rate before confirming. As always, each shift is offered to staff on a case by case basis based on staff availability. Every Staff member has the option to decline an event offer for any reason. We would just ask that if you do decline a shift, you call the office to review the reason so we can see if we can offer another shift that better suits your schedule or current needs.

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

productive fun place to work

it was great 5 star atmosphere . come in set up banquets tables back house and more. serve 12 plates plus and beverages.at the end of shift your always offered a meal of hot box food.

Pros

nice and rewarding

Cons

you have to travel alot

May 8, 2019
Thanks for the review! We always try to be as flexible as possible, and we’re happy to hear you enjoy working at the events! Thank you for all your hard work!

Don’t waste your time applying to this company

False advertisement for pay rates seems like it’s just a scam to get people to come to interviews where they have no intentions of paying the rates advertised

Pros

Nothkng

Cons

Pay

February 7, 2019
Thank you for your review. The party staff Inc. takes every measure to ensure pay rates are market competitive in all locations. Pay rates are assigned upon hire at an industry competitive pay range and depending on experience. Above that, in some cases there are specific pay rates set for a particular client or shift. All employees are made aware of their pay before being hired and if the pay is varied for a specific event, staff will know the pay rate before confirming. Please contact the Party Staff office for any additional questions or concerns you may have.

Poor managment, Shysters. Eww.

Disclaimer: I won't be writing in complete sentences, as I don't want to waste any more of my time dealing with this company. Poor pay: Charges $27 per person per hour. I was started at $11 per hour even with 4 years experience and references. Poor management: Its painstaking to get someone to respond to an email if its a complaint. If you call they always take a message to get you off the phone. Not uncommon for them to call with a three-hour notice of a job.

Pros

Can pick your hours

Cons

Poor salary. Poor management

November 13, 2018
Thank you for your review. The party staff Inc. takes every measure to ensure pay rates are market competitive in all locations. Pay rates are assigned upon hire at an industry competitive pay range and depending on experience. Above that, in some cases there are specific pay rates set for a particular client or shift. All employees are made aware of their pay before being hired and if the pay is varied for a specific event, staff will know the pay rate before confirming. As always, each shift is offered to staff on a case by case basis based on staff availability. Every Staff member has the option to decline an event offer for any reason. We would just ask that if you do decline a shift, you call the office to review the reason so we can see if we can offer another shift that better suits your schedule or current needs. If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to contact us directly at 619-563-3900.

Good Work Environment Low Pay

The staff and management are easy to work with and many opportunities are present to improve your skills. Work is almost always available for employees with flexible availability and willingness to drive to job sites. The pay is very close to minimum wage for most assignments.

Fun to go to different events around San Diego and be involved.

Too much travel was involved, and it was tough to get hours since there aren't always events trying to hire our catering service. However, the events were worth it and it was cool to be working behind the scenes.

Pros

San Diego life

Cons

Too far travel

fun,lots and fast

Great place to meet lots of nice co workers,fast paced,really busy and tons of work all the time. Fun environment and great people to work with. I really enjoyed my work there.

Fun and physical demanding.

6-8 hours per event. Learned to wait, bus, and setup banquet tables. The lead or captain manages us great. Hardest is serving. Need to have good balance without damaging or spilling wine glasses.

Pros

free food..

Cons

physical demanding positions

It's ok if you have a part time on the side

It's fun because you get to work for many places and experience it. But not enough hour or days and the tipping is rare for servers in some places they don't feed you nor give you water. Some places over work you and felt they didn't respect us because we were not from their company employees.

Pros

You get to work in places all over San Diego

Cons

no enough hours or pay

fun and diverse

As a temporary staffing agency we are exposed to all different assignments located at a lot of different properties around the san diego area. Each assignment is different so it never gets boring

A temporary placement agency were you can set your own work schedule.

I originally enjoyed traveling around the county and working in a different place everyday. Recently it has become a problem for me due to long drives and short work shifts (4 hours). By the time I pay for gas and tax I end up paying to go to work. Worse yet, I have to out of pocket my gas expenses and wait to hopefully get reimbursed in my pay check two weeks later. On the other hand I've had the opportunity to work with some really amazing chefs and have learned a great deal about the trade including fine dinning restaurant operations and menu planning, and catered event preparation, setup, and execution. These are the things I have enjoyed most working here.

Pros

Flexible work schedule

Cons

low pay, short shifts

fun workplace and also productive.

what i learned on this job was how to set up different tables settings, also how to do fine dinning service, how to carry oval trays, and how to give excellent customer service.

Rewarding position serving charger fans

Fast paced work environment ,working with the public,and great co-workers.

Pros

working at the chargers games

Cons

alot of walking up and down stairs

Excellent place to work.

I really enjoyed the flexibility the company gave me and the experience. They are the best.

Pros

good times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Party Staff. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9

Compare The Party Staff with

• The Party Staff
  • San Diego, CA
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?