THE PATRIOT, A CHOICE COMMUNITY

Working at THE PATRIOT, A CHOICE COMMUNITY: 12 Reviews

United States12 reviews

Very busy work day, but amazing residents!

Residents were amazing and a pleasure to take care of, however, you were assigned 20+ residents to shower, get ready, take to dinner, take back, get ready for bed all before your shift was over (if not completed, the next shift was upset rightfully so). Not nearly enough time or good enough pay for all of the tasks that you are responsible for as a PCA. Taking time off was also a hassle to get approved, as you were responsible to find coverage and not very many people were willing to take the coverage.

Pros

Free Lunches

Fun Workplace

Management was very supportive, always there if you had any questions. Staffing issues was the hardest part of the job.I enjoyed all of the residents and their family’s.

THE PATRIOT, A CHOICE COMMUNITY insights

Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

Not the job for me

The place used to be a wonderful place to work until it changed hands. Now I would not recommend it. There is no teamwork!! The Current DON doesn't know the word accountability. The administrator must not either. They've watched very good employees walk out the door thinking they could be replaced. If I was going into nursing I would not make this my first job because it'll turn you totally against nursing. There is some good people that work there but it's bad management and administration that makes it a poor place to work.

Pros

Friendships, residents

Cons

No One is held accountable!!

The worst place I’ve ever worked

I cannot express how bad it was to work there. In the entire building, I got along with three people, and they were positive, uplifting and KIND. This workplace is dog-eat-dog. If your name was on any project that failed, and you weren’t part of “the group”, you will be reprimanded and told what was wrong and asked why you let the project fail. Also, prepare to do everyone else’s work that they don’t wanna do, unless you have a titanium steel backbone. Guys, I’m not kidding... my mental health hit an absolute low, I would leave work sick to my stomach about the drama, pettiness, and judgement there. I loved the work I did, and it was perfect for me, but management ruined it. If you apply and get hired, then I’ll pray for you.

Pros

My job duties

Cons

Drama, management, no breaks aside from lunch..unless you smoke

Infested with negativity stemming from the very emotionally-weak opressors in management.

Tactless, deceitful, tyrannical, unprofessional, and greed-focused management who lack ethics and integrity enjoy shaming, threatening, bullying, and exploiting staff. (They are also very dishonest, so if you are looking to work here, I advise you to get everything in writing/signed.) Sometimes, the money I earned was not reflected correctly on my check (After I already earned every penny, I then had to go fight for it. A month would go by until it would be fixed due to: they'd 'forget', employee X was supposed to look into it, etc) <-- That is just one example of how staff concerns are inconsequential to this company as well as how pretty much any issue is addressed in this building. The actual well-being/treatment of the residents is not top priority as pettiness, drama, and immaturity take precedence. Significant issues get swept under the rug. Your license/certificate will every day be in jeopardy as well as your self-respect. I truly feel that nothing will get better here until the administrator resigns. The term "disorganized circus" best describes the average work day. If any of this appeals to you, I urge you to apply. My opinion is that even the excessive amount of flies that inhabit this building deserve better.

Pros

Zero.

Cons

I do not have the time to list them all.

awful do not go there

This place used to be such a nice place to work at now its TERRIBLE!!!!! The administration, DON/ADON are so disgustingly rude. They constantly remind you, you are replaceable. They do not care about you in any way. They treat you like pure garbage. Aides are expected to take care of 25 people at a time. The level of care and compassion there is non existent. I for one am not a fan of cats, but I'd never send a cat there. There is so much unnecessary drama from "grown adults" is disgusting. You're constantly degraded by management and talked about. They could careless about the residents or ANY of the staff there. It's so sad. Those poor residents definitely do not get the care they're paying for and deserve. They're treated like they're not even a human. It's awful.

Pros

Nothing!

Cons

The entire management staff

Bring a cross and holy water for protection

EXTREMELY RUDE & UNEDUCATED ADMINISTRATOR & MANAGEMENT! They belittle staff daily and enjoy it! This place sucks the life out of a human being as I've watched it do to so many amazing people! Spare yourself the pain agony and disloyalty that oozes from every crevice of this building! Shame on you all !!!!!

Pros

Cons

Administrator DON ADON & management They all need eliminated and start with new! CLUELESS!

Downward Spiral

No communication. Constant reminders that you can be replaced. Rules only apply to certain employees. Management tries th bully their staff and verbally down grade them. Upper management has their heads up their royal butts. Blind leading the blind. Nurses and staff are amazing but under appreciated.

Just Don't!

This is not a good place to work. Managment don't care about cna to patient ratio. It's all about PPD. If one shift has 10 aides and the next has 3 aide for 3rd floor. They dont care because their PPD is made!. They offer bonus for picking up but then dont pay you half the time for it. They offer pay rate but then refuse to pay the rate you were offered! They want overnight to get up over 6 people completely out of bed by 7 and if not daylight will have a fit. Go figure. They work evening 3 aides to 80 on a good day. Run! It's a trap.

Horrible work environment

This is a terrible place to work. Your supervisors belittle you and make you feel like you are worthless even though you run your tail end off for the job. You can provide the best care of your abilities to the patients but they don’t care. All they will do is tell you everything you do wrong, pile more work on top of you, and not give the the resources or time to get it done. A lot of the RNs are rude and full of themselves.

Don’t do it

Administration is rude. They do not try to fix problems and doors remain closed half the time. To many lives are in your hands when working and can’t give the proper care due to having such a huge caseload all day! Administration shows no appreciation for the staff with all the work they do on a daily basis. Short staffed all the time.

Rewarding, challenging

Get report Check with oncoming staff as to any new situations/problems Provide continuity of care for all residents Make rounds Start with what needs done first Check Charts for orders Do med sheets near end of month

Pros

Provided safe warm place for elderly to live

Cons

Many responsibilities to handle at the same time with peoples lives in my hands

Ask a question about working or interviewing at THE PATRIOT, A CHOICE COMMUNITY. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits