The Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack Employee Reviews

Found 2,224 reviews matching the search See all 2,233 reviews
Ever changing work environment. Flexible supervisors
Service Technician and Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJanuary 24, 2019
Things were always changing from the computer systems to the store set up. It was honestly a general place to work. The manager who hired me was a jerk but was replaced by a guy that was super flexible and very personable.
n/a
Senior Analyst, Store Inventory and Assortment (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 1, 2019
Good group of dedicated coworkers. Building is on the older side but is near the city and provides plenty of free parking,. Food trucks come a few times during the summer for lunch.
Busy
Assist Manager/ Replenishment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLFebruary 12, 2019
Busy always something to do, learned management operations in Retail, problem solving, bank deposits, diverse culture and inventory replenishment specialist.
Pros
PTO and Floating Holidays
Cons
40 hours no overtime
I hated this job
Parts Specialist, Cashier, Commercial Sales (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 1, 2019
In part it was the worst job I've had. the manager made my life miserable and I left as soon as I got a chance. Would not recommend this place to anyone, they don't care for their employees.
Pros
n/a
Cons
it was at most an exceptional job
Customer Service Advisor / Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 21, 2019
it was okay. pep boys was not managed greatly. the pay was not equated to the work ethic all workers possessed. i will say that pep boys was a great learning experience.
great stepping stone
Store Manager, Asst Mgr, Parts Mgr and Tire Mgr (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJDecember 3, 2018
fast paced very good training and customer service, advancement opportunities always something to do culture was that company has been around for many years and been through many hardships
Pros
advancement
Cons
alot of hours
Great start
Person of inventory replenish (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 17, 2019
For the store I was in was fun, friendly with some competition always learning new things, the only problem I can say is the area director he's so full of himself. Management is always something good to move up into a 401k plan is an option alot of business do not offer.
Pros
Discounts, 401k, payouts, security, holiday days off
Cons
Area director
competative stressfull, no feeling of accomplishment
Service Advisor, key holder, MOD, (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 7, 2019
AS with any corporate ran facilities, the bottom line is productivity.
If your numbers in sales are low than you are either a problem , or a good candidate for termination, the retail part in the super centers are ok , but only if you are not looking for a full time employment that pays more than min. wage.
Pros
cheap auto parts
Cons
long hours, insaficient pay
fun job if your a gear head
Driver/Retail Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 28, 2018
job was very chill all you did was greet customers and help them find the part needed for the car. when not doing that we stocked the merchandise and helped our commercial accounts
Toxic working environment
Customer Service Advisor (CSA) (Current Employee) –  Ontario, OHJanuary 18, 2019
Shady sales practices. Complete lack of team work. Unprofessional from management to CSA. Management encourages toxic environment. No communication whatsoever. Horrible place to work. Also don't get breaks when you're supposed to.
Cons
fast paced job competitive salary
Technician Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 14, 2019
good customer service and easy work environment the hardest part of the job was the fact of customers not paying for services.the best part of the job is new jobs all the time its never the same job twice.
Pros
healthcare and paid break option
Cons
closed and went out of business
bike builder
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 15, 2018
I started as a bike builder at Christmas time and worked my way up to manager. Company was fair by and large. Worked typical retail hours including weekends. At the time it was a better job for a twenty something.
garbage
Service Advisor/Technician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 9, 2019
Never work here. To much gossip and very racist towards white people. There are no insensitive to work harder. the medical and dental health care is horrible. basically have to pay anything under a 100 dollars.
Pros
Cons
everything
Poor Communication
Loop Driver & Parts Associate (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAJanuary 7, 2019
when i was on the clock i was expected to perform two peoples job at the same time. As a loop driver, they wanted me to "drive safe" but then urged i did the deliveries faster.
See resume
Production Mngr, Service Writer, Tech (Former Employee) –  Everett, MADecember 4, 2018
The sentiment of my review on Pep Boys automotive can be found in my attached resume. I am very fond of my experience in store 0419 and would work for the company in the future.
Unable to decide
Assistant Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INJanuary 9, 2019
Rules aren't followed they are adjusted to each person. Policies aren't followed and there is a lot of playing favorites. Not a very friendly place to work.
Not enymore
Assistant Service Manager (Former Employee) –  8 different locations La countyJanuary 8, 2019
Use to be a good and fun place to work it change for the worst. Discount tires centers is way better. They just used me for my knoledge and hard work.
Gst
Service Writer and Technician (Former Employee) –  Pompton Plains, NJDecember 20, 2018
I would prefer to not write anything here but I have to. It is a mess of a place to work and with no real management that treat you terribly. Save yourself and don't apply.
productive and safe
Inventory Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXJanuary 7, 2019
All the employees do the best they can to maintain a well taken care of safe environment. Their moto is "nothing in this building is more valuable than your life and safety". Everyday was a same task along with something new. I liked interacting with my peers when new assessments or ideas were made.
Pros
treats on special occasions and often weather mishaps
Cons
long distance to break rooms takes up time for break, can't interact with someone in a different department for too long
Good at most pepboys just not mine
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Elmont, NYFebruary 9, 2019
poor management, undertstaffed, no help, stressful environment for service writers general public can be very rude

the rest if this is because it has to be 150 characters

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP10%
In the Top 10% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at The Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack.

Powered by Comparably