The Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack Employee Reviews

Found 2,167 reviews matching the search See all 2,171 reviews
Decent job
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Everett, WA 98204December 7, 2018
Great first job to have if you're interested in cars. Doesn't pay very much, however if you're fresh out of highschool or in college the job works well with such schedules.
Pros
lunch
Cons
very inconsistent with health care and benefits, low pay.
decent place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 6, 2018
I worked at the parts counter and register. I think their system could do for an upgrade. Once you learned the systems was not difficult to navigate.
Daily tasks were dictated by morning and evening shifts. Take customer orders. Restock shelves on truck shipment days. Clean store, check shelves and walkways. Prepare store for next workday.

We would prepare items that we thought would be needed. Examples are during winter months we would over stock for snow chains, window scrapers, plug in heaters and windshield washer fluid. We tried to be prepared for the always changing weather conditions in Texas.

I was fortunate enough to have employee oriented managers, who wanted to help customers. But they realized that sales associates are limited and we had a repair shop for more serious vehicle issues.
Pros
work inside, good working conditions, good mangers, good co workers
Cons
pay, unhappy customers
Low paying liars
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 6, 2018
Lied about my advancement opportunities to get me in the door in order to fill a spot.Manager then transferred out 3 months later and was replaced by someone else much less qualified.
Pros
1 Hour Lunch break
Cons
Low pay
See resume
Production Mngr, Service Writer, Tech (Former Employee) –  Everett, MADecember 4, 2018
The sentiment of my review on Pep Boys automotive can be found in my attached resume. I am very fond of my experience in store 0419 and would work for the company in the future.
Stressful environment with no benifits
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Westchester, CADecember 4, 2018
Pep boys was definitely a great starting point but no where you want to end up for your whole life. Learned a lot but not the best pay. Would definitely recommend for someone just starting in the business but that is about it.
Not a bad company at all
Lead Person (Current Employee) –  CaDecember 3, 2018
There is no employee advancement within the 4 walls. All supervision is hired from outside. No matter how much blood and sweat is put into the company, they will not promote a lead to a supervisor.
great stepping stone
Store Manager, Asst Mgr, Parts Mgr and Tire Mgr (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJDecember 3, 2018
fast paced very good training and customer service, advancement opportunities always something to do culture was that company has been around for many years and been through many hardships
Pros
advancement
Cons
alot of hours
fun environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VADecember 3, 2018
Supporting customer with information for repairs on their vehicles.
The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting some customers and ensuring they were satisfied.
Excellent Management at the location I worked for.
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Matthews, NCDecember 3, 2018
I greatly enjoyed working for Pep Boys, especially at the location I worked at. The Manager was very professional and fun to work for. I only left this job because my Wife and I began traveling for her new traveling contract job.
Okay
General Service Technician (GST) (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHDecember 2, 2018
Pep boys as a company wasn’t bad to work for. However the management they have is a joke. The manager had no idea how to manage people let alone do my job.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Poorly managed
Good experiece working whit Pep Boys
Parts Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 1, 2018
I Was working 17 years at Pep Boys
I have 40 years expirience in parts ,I live because they send me to far from my house,Better pay Advance Auto Parts
Pros
Chrismas and Thanksgiving
mostly pleasant place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Audubon, NJ 08106November 28, 2018
I didn't mind working there, i just wish they gave more education for working the parts counter. Most of what i learned in order to help customer, was learned on my own. With more education, my customer response time would have been faster.
Pros
friendly environment and people, clean and shelves were well stocked.
Cons
need more parts education, hours could have worked better around my school hours
Its ok
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 28, 2018
Pep boys show me experience Made friends learn from other benefits are bot the best they chance managments since i was there the only bad part salary didnt chance un a while
Pros
Free lunch once a month managment would get usted food
Cons
Schedule never changes
Horribel
Part time Employee, Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Chico, CANovember 27, 2018
Didn't feel I was properly trained for my role. Store manager kept leaving early in the middle of his shifts, kept distracting other co-workers while helping customers. Intentionally cut back a certain employees hours if they didn't come in due to school.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Not understanding, low hours and total lack of training
Poor management
General Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Cathedral City, CANovember 26, 2018
They need to get rid of the Service Manager, other then that it would be a better working environment. Has no respect for employees Whatsoever thinks he knows it all brings his personal problems to work. Very unprofessional!!!
Totally unbelievable
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  STENTON AND WASHINGTON LANENovember 24, 2018
I witnessed a total lack of concern for others in the workplace!!! Th place was understaffed and the expectations were unbelievable with the staff! I was an extraordinary mechanic and despite these facts the manager was rude and unappreciative!!!
Stay Away
Commercial & Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 20, 2018
Stay Away. Poor Upper Management. Completely outdated computer systems. Even worse inventory system. Nice people to work with. Upper management uses & abuses people, hence, high turnover.
Never again
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 17, 2018
Horrible place to work. It was just blah, if you are female, you will be looked down on by your male coworkers and customers. Customers will tell you they don't need help but will go ask your male coworker for help.
so so
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYNovember 17, 2018
Managers would come and go since it was a "busy" store. Had good as also POOR managers whom would only look after themselves but the retail associates would have each others back which helped a little.
Experience
Assistant Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 15, 2018
Full of customer involvement as well as leading/guiding the employees. After working here I have learned how to manage stress and unconfortable sistuations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight