The Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,783 reviews matching the search See all 1,787 reviews
I loved the job just had to many employees not enough hours
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 24, 2018
The job was great the only downfall was they hired to many people for the job with not enough vehicles to supply enough hours for us all, there was never a dull moment you always stayed working
Pros
Coworkers were friendly
Cons
Hours
ok
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Disneyland, CAMay 24, 2018
i just turned 18 and it was my first job. first jobs suck. it was a cool experience though. learned a lot about cars. and batteries. And what products are good.
Muy buen ambiente
Driver, Retail, Commercial, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Nogales, AZMay 22, 2018
Muy buen ambiente con los compañeros y locs clientes, la gerencia muy buen trabajo siempre esforzándose en enseñarnos más. Eso es lote más me gustó que cada día aprendíamos más.
Open 7 days a week and can’t spread hours out enough to cover stores and only focus on sales
Store Manager of Service (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 22, 2018
I think it’s a good company just poor management over the store managers . They give no training and expect managers to know how to do everything . They have no support . Cut overtime for employees but make managers works 50 plus hours to cover stores . Pay for hours worked is not even close to other companies in this field .
Pros
Cons
Not enough help or support from upper management
productive and fun environment very well managed.
loop driver/ wear house worker/ parts counter (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, TXMay 20, 2018
I would have loved to continue working at pep boys but, i had to return to college. the pay was good for the work you do. and it was a good job that taught me a lot. i learned a lot about cars/parts very informational.
Pros
very fun and enjoyable culture
My Day
Technician (Current Employee) –  Union City, CAMay 19, 2018
Good Place to work. But advancements are hard to come by. I learned a lot from everyone. I love Working on equipment. Management could use a lot more training. unrealistic deadlines
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
unrealistic deadlines, No matter how much you know its hard to get a raise.
Poor management
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 17, 2018
The job required of you is simple and easy work. The difficulty comes when management isn't qualified for the job their in. As with any other job, it makes one dread coming into work when they person above you knows how to brown nose and get away with not doing almost anything at all. Its a shame.
Pros
Access to people with automotive knowledge
Cons
Very political.
Decent Place to Work
MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 17, 2018
Pep Boys is a decent place to work for a new mechanic. There are definitely ways to advance if you are willing to put in the time. It's a great place to get experience.
I've learned alot from many people working there.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 16, 2018
I've worked for pepboys for 5 years and though I have met many great people there, management and lack of days off for the past 5 months I Feel like my store and management does not care about it's employees.
Pros
good people great place to start in the automotive field
Cons
too many to name
great place to get experience
Assistant Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAMay 16, 2018
this job is a great way to learn on the job and get real life hands on experience working with cars and customers. It can get crazy but I learned a lot working at pep boys
automotive
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 16, 2018
the automotive industry is very competitive. They are very good to work for and the employ you on your knowledge not your gender. they look for the best people who know their stuff
good products, bad service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYMay 15, 2018
The retail area had great products simple enough to learn about to further help customers.
Unfortunately most of the staff had no motivation, drive, or incentive to try harder to succeed.
Too many inexperienced staff members including management team that lacked people skills.
Pros
savings
Cons
lack of people skills
great place to work at
Counter Sales (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 14, 2018
As the day begines, you can't help but feel it's gonna be a great day. I have an excellent crew to work with and it makes it even betting knowing that the work environment is great.
The co-workers made it fun
AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 14, 2018
The co-workers made working there fun. On the same token, you were constantly competing with them. You get a base pay, then you get commission on the vehicles you worked on. The managers overall were decent people and tried to be as amicable as possible. But the District Manager put unrealistic expectations on all of us. He would expect certain procedures to be done but wouldn't give us the proper tools required for the job and expected us to buy them.
Pros
Very hands on, friendly work enviroment
Cons
Corporate always expected too much and not in a healthy way
Review is for hiring process
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 13, 2018
Manager at hiring location does not respect the time of applicants. Recruiting department stressed the importance of professional appearance and punctuality. Staff on site looked poorly kept. I left the premises after waiting 45 minutes past scheduled interview time.
A stepping stone for a dealership position
Senior Service Consultant & Shop Lead (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYMay 13, 2018
In the time that I worked with this company they have gone through 3 COE's and countless re-structuring. This in turn created an environment where all oversight positions solely looked out for there own jobs and created unrealistic goals, and when goals weren't met the little guy took the hit.
Pros
Decent learning experience
Cons
Almost no opportunity for growth.
Great place to work perfect location could be better but hey I won’t complain
Master Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 11, 2018
Love the company been with them going on 5 solid years seen lots of cars befriended lots of people and most impartanttl gained the trust of of customers
Typical Automotive shop
Auto Mechanic /Technician (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAMay 10, 2018
Everyday consisted of constantly trying to find and up-sell services that many times the customer did not need, if you came in for a simple oil change you would leave with an estimate for over
$500+ of work.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Cut throat enviornment
i loved my job
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  AlabamaMay 10, 2018
from the managemnt i had to the hours i worked i loved my job. management was awesome and worked with me if i needed time off.
the crew that i worked with was awesome. i all around enjoyed the position i held with pepboys.
Pros
pay, scheduled shifts, team members
Cons
the traveling i did when needing parts
stay professional and respectful
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  United StatesMay 10, 2018
good place to work ,flexable hours ok management, need to get better organized. better wages,improvement of equipment used to perform jobs maintain their vehicle fleet to be ready to use daily
Pros
great work atmosphere
Cons
not enough employee performance review

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight