The Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack Employee Reviews

Not very well orignized
General Service Technician (Current Employee) –  FortwaltonAugust 14, 2018
Seems like it would be a good place to work and start a career but they defiantly seem to play favorites and pick who they want to exceed. Since Iv been here in seen people dropping left and right because they pay and respect you are gave are completely disrespect.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Working here
great place to work
ASSISTANT SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 13, 2018
pepboys is very competative and you can make good money here- room for advancement and great opportunity- techitians at the copperfiled locations while i was there where the best technitians and we had a great staff
good hours and work enviroment
General Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTAugust 13, 2018
alright management, decent hours, decent pay, some coworkers were easy to work with others were more difficult, decent work environment, flexable hours, really flexable on getting paid time off or days off if needed
Pros
hour lunches
Cons
poor management, not so organized
Job was okay
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 13, 2018
Job was fine but didn't have heath insurance, it was a slow pace driving and bring up customers, have a okay discount but it was just 30 or 10 percent but company let me go because they no longer needed drivers.
Pros
discount
Cons
Heath insurance, Slow pace.
Assistant Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTAugust 13, 2018
I enjoy working here but their is totally no support from the Area Director nor the store management team. The store manager has no clue how to run a retail store nor does he know anything about vehicles. I started there last year and only 3 employees remain there that where there when I started. Toxic environment.
Pros
Non
Worst Experience Ever
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 12, 2018
Pep Boys is very shady and the upper management in corporate aren't too bright. Payroll is always wrong and they will manage to let TROWE (401k) steal money out of your check and keep it without your permission.

They find all type of excuses to prevent managers from getting their bonus.

The process to hire new candidates is one of the best in the country, but this company's new changes are hurting it's image and the computer systems are ancient.

Do yourself a favor and work for another company....save yourself the misery.
Pros
Great drug screen process
Cons
Poor bonus payout, Corporate payroll inexperience, Bad management, Terrible new Ownership
worst company ever
Service writer (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHAugust 12, 2018
store manager knows i have a mental disability and decided to use it against me to fire me! this place is very stressful! they play favorites. i called hr for a issue and they still have not called back! management is very very poor. if you want to make a living and like your work GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!
Fun Position
Head Cashier / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAAugust 11, 2018
Enjoyed working with customers to assist with their needs. Also enjoyed learning new things, Enjoyed talking with customers and assisting with orders, special orders, inventory, maintained front customer service desk.
Pros
Na
Cons
Dont care about employee's treat them poorly
Worker Compensation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 10, 2018
Worked for over 20 years. I was under paid over work with no help. They try to save money so they make you work the job of 5 employee's. They don't care about the employee's. Worked for 20 yrs once I got tired got a better job no one I mean no from higher level or HR did not even said good bye... guess I did want to be use anymore. Stay away from this Company they will under pay you while higher manager's get all the pay.
OK work environment, marginal management appreciation
Technician (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZAugust 10, 2018
the work environment and coworker relations is decent most of the time. However the upper management group have no regard for the store level employees.
Enjoyable experience
General Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 9, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Pep Boys. My service manager was very friendly and most of my co-workers were easy to get along with. I did only work there for two weeks because of scheduling issues and wish I could have made a career there. It is unfortunate that that happened, but I do think this is a great place to work
Pros
Great benefits, hour-long lunch, occasional smoke breaks
Cons
Not really anything
paid the bills
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 9, 2018
No real direction, it was a job that paid the bills. Management changes so much you never really know what you are supposed to do. I had 6 managers in 2 years
pepboys
Assistant Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 8, 2018
tough work not enough compensation for the damage done to your body., Just like any other multi billion dollar company! One day you may be the hero, the next day may be a new boss threatening your job security for no reason
Excellent Environment
Commercial/Retail Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 8, 2018
The best jobs I ever had, we all contribute to company excellence wherever it was needed. Management was excellent, team morale was well above average. The leadership opportunities I was given helped create structure foundations I continue to display. Overall excellent experience.
Good startin place to get into auto industry.
General Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 6, 2018
Great place to start out but at my location the management was horrible and even went to district wide managers. Lack of intelligence in most employees.
Pros
Sometimes free lunch
Cons
A lot of work. No pay
poor management with heavy pay cuts
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHAugust 6, 2018
As an automotive technician i diagnosed and repaired multiple systems stemming from basic oil changes to brakes and drive train. A typical day is me inspecting crucial elements of the vehicle starting as i first get in the car. Does the A/C work? Do the breaks squeak? The typical day was enjoyable when busy because i like a fast paced enviroment. The hardest part of the job was dealing with management. The mananger would sell services on vehicles that we could not preform such as brake fluid exchamges or coolant exchamges because our machines did not work and he refused to call it in to fix them. On top of that he would try to question and override what even the lead techs had to say about a vehicle to make it safe soley just to create a larger customer purchase.
when i work Pep Boys
Technician A (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 5, 2018
quickly finished my work order and peaceful with my manager,employee and customers.
there is not hared part of job because of I am very familiar to this job. technician job is really fun and enjoyable to me.
Pros
1 hour breaks
Cons
if there busy no breaks
More training
service advisor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 3, 2018
More training should be offered to management.
There should be a company week long managment course to provide to those that are in position. Makes the job much more fun
Low paying job
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 2, 2018
25 cents raise per year and barely any holidays off is a shame...Then add the 9 occurences per year not a good or professional job at all. Employees with attitudes and littering all around the buildings..0 bonuses...Work till u get hurt. Them denied WC. This is the worst of the worst to work for..such a greedy non caring job...with no future...a damm shame
Cons
If it could go lower I'd do it.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAAugust 2, 2018
This is without a single doubt the worst company to work for.Their so called benefits are terrible,there is no chance of advancement and the management is the worst I've experienced in over 20 years of warehousing.They set unreachable production standards and if you don't meet them they fire you.There is no cost of living raises so basically your pay stays the same forever.The worst thing about this company is the act like they own you,and that your life evolves around them.They require you to work on Sundays which most times half the workers don't show up and yet they keep their jobs.Favoritism is rampant throughout this warehousealong with the simple fact that management could care less about you.Oh by the way you don't get the holidays off.This past Easter Sunday I worked 16 hours at regular pay because three quarters of the shift didn't show up.The only difference between Pep Boys and slavery is they pay you.I wouldn't recommend anyone working for this company.
Pros
Cons
Every single thing about them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

76out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at The Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack.