The Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack Employee Reviews

Found 2,335 reviews matching the search See all 2,345 reviews
A fair place to work
Master Technician (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJune 18, 2019
I in joyed working for this company I was treated fair and challenges in the work please fair and teamwork was very good and well pratesed makings a great place for team work
It was an overall gratifying work experience.
Service Manager, Glendale (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 17, 2019
My typical day involved all areas of responsibility related to the Service Department. I managed the departments employees, customer satisfaction, inventory, and work schedules.
income is not very good
Technician/Sales (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 16, 2019
if you want to join a company that doesn't pay you very well and wants you to work every bodies job at once? then this is the job for you. workplace is very hostile all the time. do everything by hand and tools are always broken down. get ready for tool debt! the most enjoyable part of the job is leaving that place. the hardest part of the job is doing every bodies job. management is power hungry.
Pros
there are non
Cons
tool debt, not paid enough, work every bodies job
Middle of road company that needed more training on management
Service Advisor/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 16, 2019
I enjoy Automotive but had a hard time working for a company that for being around since early 1900's need to send all employees to school including management and learn latest methods to be competative.
Pros
lots of free barbecues-and good time allotment on work hours
Cons
terrible management
Good environment, great training and employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCJune 15, 2019
I had a great time working for Pep-Boys. The management was always looking at you to do better and get through training for promotions. Loved working with customers and actually helping some of them figure out what they needed to do and how to do it.
Pros
Discounts, good hours
Cons
Short breaks (sometimes none), lunch was short, the store was most likely a mess.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 13, 2019
A typical day could be taking inventory or putting up the truck that just came in. Hardest part of the job was management wanting everything done at one time.
Great wellness program
SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  5072 neshighway Port Jefferson New YorkJune 12, 2019
Its was a great job and company want to try something new but not different It has a very good wellness program And rooms to grow with the company
Not very good experience.
Driver/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 12, 2019
It definitely depends on the store that you work at. But the one I worked at was bad. Poor management. Made us do stuff we were not supposed to do. The back was always unorganized because thy did not knew what to do to organize it properly.
Worthless Upper Management
Commercial Driver (Current Employee) –  Kenner, LAJune 11, 2019
Employees were expected to be at work for forty hours a week and barely given paid vacation days. Upper management is rarely there and often left work extremely early on the days they did show up. Shoved most of the work onto department managers who were required to sometimes both open and close the establishment. Not worth putting effort in seeing as there is little chance of advancement.
Pros
Free lunches on Holidays that most other establishments are closed for.
pretty good
General warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GA 30253June 10, 2019
it's very easy if you already have experience the training was not very good it's freezing in winter and super hot in summer the pay is good but they give you a set schedule and then make u stay over anyways and still give you points off for leaving and make you work Saturdays
Pros
pay gives me life
Cons
overtime
Company was good to work . Long time employees get away with alot of stuff.
Retail Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 10, 2019
Good to work for however lifers aloud to get away with a lot and blame new people for following rules and protocol. Benefits were great, training topics are questionable. The company is open every Holiday except Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
High School Baby Bologna.
I wouldn’t recommend it at all
Picker (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INJune 10, 2019
It’s sucks no advancement at all takes advantage of good workers really hot in the picking department treated unfair if your not one of the favorites the bosses are not Professional at all l. Tells your business to everyone and when you have a problem with something you speak to a hr they will tell people what you said and so forth it’s really sad when I was working there for the 6 months more than 20 people had quit seriously to where the big hr lady had to come see what the problem was she over all the pep boys wear houses!! Family can work there if your a favorite of on if the bosses .
Pros
You can eat and drink on the floor
Cons
Not organized at all
Great for beginners
Automotive Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 10, 2019
Good people to work with, Management seems okay, as a Mechanic, you're expected to stay past scheduled hours. No paid sick days, 401k available along with medical and dental. Overall a good place to start but not to build a career off of.
Great Place to work
Store Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 9, 2019
Increase and maintain profitability of the store through controlling operating expenses and payroll. At the same time establishes a sales process for teammates and focused on customer service. Lead area in customer service and sales metrics resulting in increasing bottom line profit month after month. Handle all customer concerns. Responsible for all recruiting, hiring and firing of employees. Developed teammates from entry level to highly productive technicians and top of area sales consultants.
bad
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 9, 2019
worse job experience ever in my life. management was entirely lacking. store were poorly maintained and the lack of employees made work literally stressful and harshly demanding for everyone but management. Dont work here!
short term
Master Technician (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJune 7, 2019
I only worked for the company about 5 months. I can say the GM and asst manager were some of the best people there. they were fair and worked hard. If my compensation would have been a little better and received full benefits then I would have considered staying longer.
great place to work
Asst Store/Parts Manager (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJune 7, 2019
Great place to work just the long hours. There are some good and some bad but they tend to work out. The store appearance is good. just need the correct people who know about cars and not hire anyone who has no experience at all
A Learning Experience
General Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 6, 2019
Great staff. Always something to learn if your willing to ask questions. The hardest part of the job was driving other peoples cars when the car was a stick shift. I learned how to drive that on the job.
Pros
Discounts on fixing your car.
Cons
Working outside in the sun under a hot car is never easy or fun.
employees were great to work with
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 3, 2019
It has been more than 20 years so I am not sure what the culture is like. When I worked it was tough to advance as a female. Very few female managers throughout the corporation.
Pros
Freindly enviroment
Cons
tough advancement
Pizza
Commercial driver and retail (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 3, 2019
They loved ordering food for us and a lot of pizza. Which was nice on the days they made me skip my lunch break. I would often get threatened with possibly getting fired because of the turnover rate the auto parts business in general has. I was being disciplined for not being able to be in 2 places at once basically. Most of the time I was being scheduled as the only driver for the first 4 hours of my shift, then pretty much drive the next 5 hours doing deliveries. If I was lucky I would get a lunch break. I rarely ever got to work the register unless I was scheduled to close, so the commercial department was closed, so I was actually able to make the sales needed to get my boss off my back. He was a nice guy, but was extremely slow. I would say something and could tell it was going over his head.
Pros
Pizza
Cons
Dumb as rocks management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Pep Boys - Manny, Moe & Jack. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight