The Perfect Workout, Inc. Employee Reviews

Incredible opportunity!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Encinitas, CAOctober 19, 2018
Working for The Perfect Workout is an incredible opportunity for someone who is interested in the fitness industry. They will teach you everything you need to know and the management team will support you both professionally and personally. If you are considering getting into a new field, I highly recommend giving The Perfect Workout a chance!
It's an okay gig but not long term
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 13, 2018
I worked there for a few years only because I liked the clients and I didn't want to have to get a real cert to work for another company. Clients would constantly complain about the ridiculous prices for a 20 min twice a week workout, but they catered to mostly older well off gym hating clients. I did think that if you were not aesthetically pleasing as a trainer the company would probably pass on hiring you. As a matter of fact, that was one of the boxes they would have to check off during the hiring process! It was an ok company when they were small but when they started to expand they lost that hands on approach and were more about the bottom line. If you're into a real training session where you can be creative with the workouts, this is not the place for you. You will be bored out of your mind, especially once you've done the same exact work out 5 or 6 clients in a row. Past employees who have been fired were let go without even being able to say goodbye to their clients, who were then told that their trainer just left. Leaving the client feeling like the trainer just abandoned them! NOT COOL
Pros
Clients were great
Cons
Low pay, shady management, benefits are a joke
Bad management
Facility Manager/Nutritionist & Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Rockville Centre, NYOctober 3, 2018
Working with clients one on one was fulfilling, but they all complained about the price. I did not care for my manager, I felt she catered to the male employees instead of treating us all as equals. She made it extremely obvious that her male employees were more important.
Great environment and people
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Wilmette, ILMay 10, 2018
The management and people I was surrounded with was very great positive attitude and uplifting but the pay wasn’t equal to the cost of living. You could only do one style of training which was slow-motion strength training and that limits a persons creativity.
Pros
positive people and flexibility
Cons
Low pay and restricted way of training
Fun, Youthful, Team Atmosphere
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 3, 2018
Revolutionary slow-motion strength training exercise on state-of-the-art Nautilus equipment.
Exercise removes momentum from exercise, enabling a targeted full body workout in only 20 minutes, 2 times per week- Guaranteed!
They treat you like family and its a great atmosphere to be in
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Dallas txFebruary 28, 2018
The clients and coworkers all treat each other as though they were family everyone is really nice and cheerful attitude which makes the work place a stress free enviroment.
Pros
Fun place stress free
Cons
Pay isnt that great
A disaster!!
Personal Trainer/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Syosset, NYFebruary 9, 2018
Clients are awesome, management is sub par. Sales driven and , took advantage of clients financial abilities. A very cut throat atmosphere where your ideas are accepted and then taken as managements own. Our studio has closed and still no contact from upper management. He makes weekly videos on sales and other things which are mandatory to know, but shows a lack of courage and disrespects his work force. They knew the gym was closing in September and lead clients on right up to December and signed them to yearly packages.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Poorly run through upper management.
Can be fun, but not your primary source of income
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CADecember 4, 2017
This job allows you to make your own schedule and meet different types of people.
There are many locations, which allow you to transfer if you need, and work at other studios
Unfortunantely, if you are not living at home, and over 21+ with bills, you better have a second job, this may not be enough income to survive on.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Need a second job
Decent place to work
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Westchester, NYNovember 15, 2017
Not a bad place to work, great people, however the salary could be much better. In any case, they are closing down their personal training studios in Westchester.
Motivating and inspiring place to work! Great team and management!
Certified Personal Fitness Trainer (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTOctober 11, 2017
This is probably the best place I have ever worked at! The environment is so positive and motivating! The educational possibilities are endless and staff is very supportive of each other. Clients are SUPER awesome too!
Boring workplace, low pay & cramped enviroment
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXSeptember 24, 2017
Don't be fooled by the "Entry Level Personal Training." You are no more than a personal training assistant for the company. The certification is not nationally recognized nor is it accredited. You will work in a cramped office with 3-5 trainers and their clients. Its not a gym. The pay is minimum wage if you don't have clients. If you do have clients its about 19 an hour & not by session because you can have 3 maximum in an hour and the pay stays the same. The certification course is a month and a half and you don't make enough to survive. I learned how to lift weights very slow and that's it. The best part about the job is the funny clients. If you are passionate and ambitious about fitness, this is not the place to be.
Pros
Stable schedule, nice people
Cons
low pay, cramped, slow
Good job and company culture - low pay
ACSM Certified Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 19, 2017
The Perfect Workout will thoroughly train you in the Super Slow method of training. One does not need to be a certified personal trainer to work successfully there.
Overview:
Specializing in a unique slow-motion strength training method that gives clients a firmer, stronger, more shapely body from just two 20-minute training sessions per week.
Customization of personal training sessions on Nautilus machines to be effective, efficient and safe for a client of any age; from someone who may have never exercised to those that are experienced.

It's relatively non-competitive, but there is a push to have clients renew their agreements (contracts) and to be creative about helping to get new clients to come experience the workout and join. To me that was the hardest part of the job. The other challenge is that by design so-to-speak clients are booked back to back by the half hour and sometimes it is tough to fit in a break within the six hour block of time and to have any time to chat with your clients which is necessary at times for developing a personal, professional relationship and bond which then leads to long-term clients who will also refer others.

The enjoyable part is building that professional relationship with clients and witnessing their changes as they progress over time with the workout.
Pros
A set shift as a personal trainer vs spread out over a 12-15 hour day, no need to plan and create workouts which saves a ton of time outside your shift
Cons
Can be a bit monotonous by design if you are one that is used to creating workouts, since there is no need to do that here
I worked there part time
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Encinitas, CAAugust 21, 2017
Since I was only there a short time my job only included putting together sales materials for the company. I would have liked to have more responsibility.
Changing Lives!
CERTIFIED PERSONAL TRAINER (Current Employee) –  Clear Lake City, TXMay 4, 2017
This is a great place to work if you don't need to make a ton of money. They do not promote within the company, so you can apply for any position. Great environment, easy job.
Pros
Health Benefits, free range to workout in studio for free, change peoples lives
Cons
Dont promote within, managing style is not preferred, pay is low
Postive vibes
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJanuary 4, 2017
A typical day is checking my schedule to make sure each client has confirmed their session time, making sure the studio is clean, then supervising each client through their workout making sure they use proper form. If not training someone, I would clean, update process charts, make phone calls for potential clients, and give tours. My Co workers were good teammates always having my back if needed, managers were hard working and professional.
Pros
decent pay
Enjoyable place to work, great transitional job
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Anaheim Hills, CADecember 5, 2016
I loved training clients here! This company has a variety of locations to choose from, which is a perk. All of the personal training certification is paid for and done through them. The shifts vary (morning schedule and afternoon schedule). Very flexible, you get to work with and meet so many people.
Great work environment and Quality of life
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAOctober 1, 2015
Really enjoy the environment here. I admire the CEO's take on the Quality of life and the amazing work hours. I believe all business's should talk to him. This workout is very intense but amazing for the body. Its incredible to see the strength achieved by other trainers and clients.
Pros
great work hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Perfect Workout, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about