The Perfect Workout, Inc.

The Perfect Workout, Inc. Employee Reviews

United States44 reviews
Featured review
The Perfect Workout, Inc. selected this as a representative review
Love this company!
Very few companies are as caring and compassionate to their employees like this one. Once employed you become apart of the family. From the monthly regional meetings to the Christmas parties and annual studio outings, you truly feel like your apart of a family working here.
Pros
Best Clients in the world
Cons
You will be apart of a family like it or not
Great company
Strong company culture and encourages creativity. Great people, environment and a wealth of educational resources for personal and professional growth.
Great company culture with caring co-workers and managers
This is by far the best job I ever had. Management was servant-leaders and the method really works! If you are a new trainer they will certify you and teach you all about the method and how to sell their service. A great place to work for new and existing personal trainers alike. If I had not moved out of state I would still be happily working there!
Pros
competitive pay, positive work environment, huge opportunities for advancement
Cons
Lacking to non-existent benefits
It's an ok side gig
The pay and bonus structure are not transparent. They often revised the the hourly pay structure. Terrible health benefits (lowest coverage the state mandates) If you need a side gig or hustle until you find something more substantial, this is a great place.
Official response from The Perfect Workout, Inc.
April 14, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that you feel that our pay and bonus structure is not transparent. As several counties and municipalities in California and nationwide increase the minimum wage, we also update our pay structure to better serve our employees. We truly value transparency, however, we understand there is room for misinterpretation, and we apologize that you experienced that. Furthermore, we find that our compensation and benefit packages are fair compared to other companies in our industry. Our average hourly rate companywide is $19.17. And, in our East Bay region, our employees make an average of $22.47 an hour.
fired in the coronavirus pandemic
fired for questioning management decision to stay open while all gyms and basically everything else was shut down. Also questioned if trainers would get paid if a lock down went into effect. We specialize in trainer older clients with compromised health conditions 65+
Pros
The clients
Cons
the upper managment
Official response from The Perfect Workout, Inc.
April 14, 2020
We appreciate your feedback and we apologize that is why you felt you were terminated. We have had many of our team members express and participate in the closing timeline of our studios and can assure you they were not terminated for helping us all navigate the unique times. With that being said, we wish you the absolute best in your future endeavors.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Great place to train elderly people
Awsome place to train specializing in slow motion training. Actually I just wanted to load my resume not give 150 characters about my current job. Its great I love it and I love people what else is there to say I just need more money .
Great clientele, very strict method of training
Working here has its ups and downs. Since the pay is not good employee turnover is high here. You can make more money over time through continued education but IT TAKES TIME. There are definitely great clients to work with here. That has to be my favorite part of the job. Management is supportive and understanding of you as an employee, it's the pay just makes it difficult. Everything here is done by the super slow method of strength training, so you do not have the freedom to coach completely free. However, as long as exercises are slow, controlled, and effective then you can have your clients preform them if they are healthy enough for it. Overall, I have gained valuable experience working with this company but don't see my self staying her forever. There is always room to grow in the company if that is what you are interested in.
Fun starter job for experience
It definitely was a very good educational position! You learn a lot about specialty clients and geriatrics. Don't get too many of the average joe style people since it's not really advertised towards them or set up in general for them. Major downside is, it's stuck in its way. It's very closed minded in it's niche and doesn't have much of a wiggle room to associate with anyone else in the world. Set up for osteoporosis and mainly just targets that demographic. Has some weight loss tips to it but the trainers just go based off their bro-science from social media rather than actually helping the client. Another downside is the lack of formal education. Not many people are hired on with any sort of fitness degree or certification. All certifications are done within the company for their methodology. So it leaves the clients believing they are hiring top-tier quality trainers but really theyre hiring someone off the street that was just educated through company standards.
A job where you do something that matters
Great company. Excellent values and culture. I enjoyed working at the company. The pay is ok, but doing something to help people was incredible. A meaningful work experience.
In the long run, not worth it
TPW is very bittersweet. It looks good on paper but what goes on behind closed doors completely put me off at the end. Our hours of work were flexible, but we DID NOT get paid nearly enough for all the hard work we put in. This job is NOT sustainable job or salary, especially in our city.

We got no PTO, and very basic health care options. No vision. No dental. 401K was only a recent addition. We work all government holidays, and ONLY close for Christmas and Thanksgiving. We were also constantly understaffed, resulting in a lot of us being overworked. Trainers, especially newly hired ones, were often placed wherever we needed them, taking no account in their location preference or their commute (many of them often driving 45 minutes, passing by many other studios to get to one studio where we needed coverage). I'd be very cautious as a new trainer here because it's easy to get taken advantage of.

In more recent months/within the last year, upper management began focusing more on numbers and results rather than clients and trainers. I saw more trainer turnover than I can even keep track of. Management became very inconsistent with delivering new information, usually leaving us confused in front of our clients. They put a lot of energy into dead leads rather than trainer retention.

It's a fun job because you get to work with people every day and help them change their lives. The trainers themselves were also wonderful and the work environments we created were (usually) very fun, but it was not worth it towards the end.

This is a good job for someone who doesn't NEED
 - more...
Good atmosphere with fun people
Clientele are very nice people and fun to be around and help exercise. All of the employees in each studio and well educated and trained in the field making it a great place to work if you want to be a personal trainer.
Great place of growth!
I will never be the same after this job. It has influenced me for the better.

Most client experience coordinators work remotely, but not all. A typical day for a Client Experience Coordinator includes manning the phone line, introducing clients to The Perfect Workout, discussing their goals, and addressing questions/concerns/scheduling needs. Mondays are currently the busiest days for a CEC member because tasks pile up over the weekend, but we have an amazing team so everything usually gets done.

I've learned a TON. I started as a personal trainer and then became Facility Manager in a studio that later closed unexpectedly. Through those positions, I learned the ins and outs of personal training and slow-motion strength training. Most of my learning has been personal growth, which is something I'm always seeking out.

I drank the delicious kool-aid with this method and there's no going back for me. This is the only method I use anymore and have seen quite a few results including: Lost 10 lbs, lost inches and had to buy a smaller belt, jump higher, and hoisting jugs of laundry detergent don't cause me a bother anymore. I also never have back pain or joint pain to complain about, despite working a sedentary job!

The culture is fun, welcoming, and dynamic.

The hardest part of the job is also the most enjoyable part of the job: This company is always growing and changing. There may be rapid decisions made, lack of prompt or clear communication, and lack of cohesive implementation - all things that come with a startup or young company. The amazing thing about this is
 - more...
Pros
Growth opportunities, advancement opportunities
Cons
Typical cons that come with a startup or young company
Great atmosphere
If you are looking to gain experience and not concerned too much about income then this is a good fit for you. The pay is not that great but the team you work with and knowledge you gain is worth it.
The clients you work with, the facility managers, and your studio coworkers are great
It's a relatively flexible job. The best part is working with your coworkers and working with clients who sometimes come in to really see you (the trainer). Good as a part-time job, but not full-time
Could be a great fit if you don’t have high standards
I worked here for over 3 years and the bottom line is upper management is a joke and does not care about the trainers/employees. They micromanage all studios from coast to coast. They only see you as numbers, not as people and treat you as such. It truly shows with their NO paid sick days, vacation day, and low pay.

Don’t get me wrong, I loved working here! Loved it so much I referred people to work here. The clients are AMAZING! The science behind the workout is effective and efficient. And the CEO is very nice and intelligent. But, upper management ruined my experience here and they are what made me leave. They do not know how to talk or interact with people. They ask so very much of you without enough compensation and they do not promote the right people. My regional manager worked for the company for less than a year before being promoted to run a region of 9 offices and about 25 trainers. A lot of good, coachable employees left and there has been no focus on making internal improvements. May 2019 there were only 8 out of 25 employees still there from the year year prior. That turn over was “normal,” so normal in fact the company wanted us to push the idea that the trainer should be interchangeable since the workout is so solid. Truly showing that they can put anyone with a beating heart to replace staff losses. The Perfect Workout has locations in multiple states. They opened many locations during my employment and then had to close the studio due to “marketing.” I now think it is from the upper management not knowing how to train employees for expansion. The company’s
 - more...
Pros
Clients are great, workout is effective
Cons
No sick days, untrained upper management, you get taken advantage of if you’re a motivated hard worker, get use to being micromanaged
Love this company
If you're looking for a career and growth within your field of passion then this is the place for you. There's opportunity for growth, in a supervisor role, management, regional manager and beyond. Every person in the company is positive, nice, genuine, and shares your passion for helping people through health and fitness its very easy to make life long friends with yout co workers.
Pros
Growth oriented personal and professional.
great company
I absolutely love my job! Clients are amazing and our team is totally kickass. When I think about the possibility of having to leave my job due to my husbands career it makes me so sad. Ive never enjoyed coming to "work" this much in my life. AMAZING well rounded company.
Pros
team work, core values, we are all on the same page
Cons
pay, vacation time
We change lives
We change lives, connect with people, pick up others when they are down, consistenly grow, and CARE. The more you give to the company through your hard work, passion, eagerness to learn and grow the more the company will give back to you in so many different ways. If you want to leave work happy every day because you made someone else's day, changed their life for the better, or just had a good day, then come check us out.
Never been at a better place to work
I've been working here for about one and a half years and have already had many opportunities to advance (manager right now) in a culture that I'm happy enough with to recommend close friends and family. Management is always trying to grow you as a person and help you along your career. No major complaints working here and I don't intend to stop.
Pros
Great culture, Great workout, Great clients
Best Place to Work!
Working at The Perfect Workout has been the best part of my career so far. Your coworkers truly become your family and you get to motivate each other every day to be the best personal trainers you can be.The management is truly amazing. They care about your development and will work with you as well as encourage your growth. I love coming into work because I know that I will get to help change peoples lives everyday, and there is nothing more rewarding than that!
Pros
flexible hours, management that cares, positive environment
Cons
need to be a motivated individual
A Company that Cares
This company not only strives to take care of every single client but it also strives to take care of all of the employees as well. This company really encourages personal and professional growth and wants each of the trainers to be the best trainer and person they can be. It really embodies it's values- Teamwork, Candor, Integrity, World Class Customer Service & Evidence Based Exercise. This company and almost all of the trainers live and breath these values. It makes for a very positive, mostly stress free & fun environment.
Pros
Free personal training & paid certification and continuing education
Cons
Health Benefits could be better
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Perfect Workout, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9