The Personnel Store

The Personnel Store Employee Reviews

United States41 reviews
Working at The Personnel Store was a hard task to even get a job for the day. I would have to keep calling my boss to get a job and a location of the job. Most of the jobs were a hour away or more.
Pros
Cons
lost money, hours, pay
Not much to say but it’s not a hard career, flexible hours, simples requirements, offers rides to certain jobs if needed, and is usually on top of your pay
I never was without work great company to work for. They gave me great schedules. If I called for extra hours they always had them. Manager we’re very nice
In reviewing the hours I wasted working for TPS I was actually paid less than minimum wage. They exploit salaried positions, you will work 60+ hours with no holidays. Fraudulent payroll practices for temps and no loyalty to employees or common human decency. Run away.
The Personnel Store focuses on hiring people that are new to the country, people that don't know how the US system works as far as hrs and pay. The Personnel Store has a bad reputation for not paying it's employees for all of their hrs worked, employee pay checks are always wrong, as far as shorting people hrs and pay rates, they promise a certain pay rate, but at the time of pay the rate is always lower. All of their request forms are in English, remind you non of their employees speak English! The Personnel Store discriminates against US citizens, since most US citizens know the way the system works they never give them work because they can't steel from them. I feel sorry for the employees that do work there because they are hard workers. The problems might be the owner considering this company has been around for a few yrs in Austin.
Cons
Pay checks are always wrong. Wrong hrs reported, always pay for less hrs rather than paying for all the hrs worked.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Where ever the assignment transportation was arranged. Eat before serving a plus at a 6 to 10 hr event. Everyone Professional at all events. Training on going which was helpful
I like they kept providing work as soon as one assignment ended, i was given different positions to where i was learning new task and jobs and it was cool places and i was working with cool people
I applied on a Sunday, and the next day the manager, called me and asked me to come in right then because they had work for me right then.
I went in after my full-time job because they INSISTED they had work as soon as they processed my application.

I agreed to go the location, unprepared, and completed the application process, throughout telling them SEVERAL times my schedule and when was available.

They then move me under my personal recruiter, who I was told would be assigning my work that very week.

The thing is - I never heard from them. Even though they assured me they had more work than they had people and could work around my schedule - I never heard from them.

So, after buying serving gear which they told me I NEEDED to do, and not hearing from them for a week, I returned to the store to inquire as to the status of my promised work, and they had the gall to get upset with me simply because I politely asked why I had not heard from them regarding work as promised.

Management once again gave me to a recruiter - another one, this time - and asked that I wait for them to return so I could be given the opportunity to work that evening.

I told management I had a bus to catch because I did not feel like waiting for a job which management seemed to have pulled out of their a s s, which they should have called me a week beforehand as promised, and seemed a complete waste of my time.

I then got an email from the other recruiter who offered me a job...once again during my full-time work schedule.

I informed this recruiter again of my availability, and I have
 - more...
Pros
Cons
Disorganized, disrespectful, illiterate, unable to understand and comprehend simple instructions and the written word
The personnel store really really helped me out in my time of need. The referral that I received for a job for once instantly came with result and the fact that they paid every Tuesday was also a plus
hostile work environment , no work life balance for management , makes candidates pay for a application, asks recruiter to drive candidates in personal vehicle but will not reimburse for gas mileage. does not abide by federal labor laws . company may soon be out of business.. Makes recruiters start work around 5:45 am to 9:00 pm at night. over worked and underpaid.
Pros
Compensation is fairly decent
Cons
Micro manages managerial employees and candidates
They don’t pay you for hours they act like they never know what going on with a job or they act as if they can call you when ever and get upset if you can’t work at the last minute cause someone didn’t show up
I mostly worked for them as a dishwasher. We always stayed busy ,yhe hardest part of it was washing by hand the huge pots they had and cleaning their industrial mixer.Managment would come in and give a hand when very busy.
Pros
got to samples of desserts or food items
Cons
never took time out except for lunch breaks and healthh benefits were expensive.
Working at The Personnel Store was a hard task to even get a job for the day. I would have to keep calling my boss to get a job and a location of the job. Most of the jobs were an hour away or more.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long brakes
It's a fun place to work if you speak Spanish. If not it can be difficult. The management can be difficult to work for and none of them speak Spanish, they just bark orders at everyone. Bar tending was good.
I like working here most of all, because of the variety of different settings I often work in one week. It keeps things from getting too mundane. worst part is when catering events slow down, like they have at this time of the year.
Pros
Free Food about 80% of the time
Cons
No healthcare
I like working there. The people are nice. My recruiter Cliff Benedict is very helpful and gets me work when I need it. Very professional. I always get paid on time.
The culture at The Personnel Store is one that fosters learning and development opportunities by diversifying employee assignments. I give the Personnel Store my highest recommendation to anyone seeking employment.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
This place is great when you are looking for temp work. The managers are good about getting work for you, you get paid weekly, and can learn some new skills on the way!
Pros
Get paid weekly
Cons
Work tends to run out during the summer
This company is great when you're seeking for a temp job. The recruiters are nice and they always try to find some jobs that can fit with your skills and your personal agenda. If you need a temp job, this is the right option!
Never knew what job I would be working. Management was not very flexible with jobs. Often times incredibly hard labor with low compensation. It was always a wild card. No consistency.
Please double think about before start working with this people, there’s a lot of options. They treat you like a slave,
the worst work environment, little salary, hire anyone (ANYONE) can send you to work with drug addicts, alcoholics, ex-convicts, but the worst is your check, they charge you the uniform as many times as they want. There is no respect for the worker.