The Personnel Store Employee Reviews

Worst staffing company ever
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 18, 2018
Please double think about before start working with this people, there’s a lot of options. They treat you like a slave,
the worst work environment, little salary, hire anyone (ANYONE) can send you to work with drug addicts, alcoholics, ex-convicts, but the worst is your check, they charge you the uniform as many times as they want. There is no respect for the worker.
Did not enjoy
Temp Worker (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 1, 2018
Never knew what job I would be working. Management was not very flexible with jobs. Often times incredibly hard labor with low compensation. It was always a wild card. No consistency.
good food
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 22, 2018
Working at The Personnel Store was a hard task to even get a job for the day. I would have to keep calling my boss to get a job and a location of the job. Most of the jobs were an hour away or more.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long brakes
Tough place to work. Servers don't get tips. Bartenders do sometimes.
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 27, 2018
It's a fun place to work if you speak Spanish. If not it can be difficult. The management can be difficult to work for and none of them speak Spanish, they just bark orders at everyone. Bar tending was good.
Great place to gain valuable knowledge and experience.
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 10, 2018
The culture at The Personnel Store is one that fosters learning and development opportunities by diversifying employee assignments. I give the Personnel Store my highest recommendation to anyone seeking employment.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Variety Spice
Catering Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 15, 2018
I like working here most of all, because of the variety of different settings I often work in one week. It keeps things from getting too mundane. worst part is when catering events slow down, like they have at this time of the year.
Pros
Free Food about 80% of the time
Cons
No healthcare
Flexible Schedules
Server (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 10, 2018
This place is great when you are looking for temp work. The managers are good about getting work for you, you get paid weekly, and can learn some new skills on the way!
Pros
Get paid weekly
Cons
Work tends to run out during the summer
The Personnel Store
server (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 10, 2018
This company is great when you're seeking for a temp job. The recruiters are nice and they always try to find some jobs that can fit with your skills and your personal agenda. If you need a temp job, this is the right option!
Agreeable experience
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 11, 2018
I like working there. The people are nice. My recruiter Cliff Benedict is very helpful and gets me work when I need it. Very professional. I always get paid on time.
Good Company
On Call Temporary (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 9, 2017
This is a good company to work for if you want to make some extra money. Each job that you go too is different depending on the company that you are working with. The management works with you according to your schedule which is a good thing. While working for this company I learned more about the hospitality side of restaurants and large convention activities.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No benefits
No Work-Life Balance
Staffing & Recruiting Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 23, 2018
Days usually begin around 530am and dont end until 7 or 8pm. Always expected to drop everything and answer your work phone no matter what time of day or day of the week. No room for personal life at all. Dont pay you for work that you MUST do at home.
Don't expect much
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 17, 2018
Great way to earn fast cash, but the gigs are often terrible and communication with Personnel Store employees is lacking. This is the first temp agency I've ever worked with, so perhaps this is normal though.
Awful
Staff Employee (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 18, 2017
Zero work/life balance and company culture. CEO is dishonest and a tyrant. The theme is overworked, underpaid and unappreciated. I would not recommend working for this company.
Poor Management Company. HOSTILE Enviroment with no respectful to others.
Hospitality Staffing Director (Former Employee) –  603 brazos street. Austin,TexasMarch 6, 2013
This company is a family owned business, A recruiter is EXPECTED to work a 7s a day, with out compensation of day's off. Banquet Manager (12 years plus with the company).is a very rude individual, she dresses inappropriate for business- Dresses as if one was going to HH or Pole dancing -work. Mr & Mrs.Company paid to have her educated in business manners and speaking. Which once you hear her speak to employees, she has NO MANNERS, NO RESPECT, she is a certified failure of the class she attended. She has been rude to employees, She has spoken outloud with no respect to employees, in front of others, shaming them without 2nd her thoughts. TPS expects employees with a vehicle to drive others to jobs locations, Doesn't matter or inquire if employee (driver) has insurance coverage, has license or is willing to take others with them. No gas allowance given. YET Workers compensation is only covered to employees once they arrive to job site. NOT TRAVEL.Puts, employees lives at risk.
General Manager is a hypocrite of a manager. She is one who inspects all employee's dress attire- YET she herself wears the same outfits, all black and exactly the one pair of capri pants ( same pants/same skirt) for the last 6mths with out changing or upgrading to business attire. She enforces that NO TATTOOS should be shown or additional piercing can be worn, yet she wears open toe sandels and exposes tattoos she has on her own feet. She has additional earrings she wears everyday. ( yet the owners have her as their inspectors). GM has a motto she expects everyone to follow: DO AS SHE SAY's , NO QUESTIONS,
  more... JUST DO IT. Regardless of what the situation is.
CEO is a disrespectful person. He yells at a recruiter for hiring staff with tattoos, not model figure staff ( BOH) -Literally he wants only women with flattering figures. YET no regards to their talent. If he see's staff that he don't see fitting for his desire. He would order the recruiter to remove employee from work assignments. Nothing more then because he didn't like they way they looked.
He literally cussed out a employee who questioned him on her missing hours and expected him (the TPS) to pay her for 4 hrs and OT time she worked for hrs at F-1 event. He told her to get out and once she raised her voice to say, that the company was in poor management and stealing from employees. He yelled to her " F-you" . Walked away and no remorse for his actions.

TPS has all employees arrive to job site 1hr before job starts, but refuses to pay them for their time awaiting.
when a employee is short hrs on their pay check, they can submit a discrepancy, but no guarantee that theywill get a answer.

They have reduced a employee's payrate without notifying the employee of the change, BUT, expects the recruiter to not question the GM or accounting as to why hrly payrate was reduced.

The GOOD THING I take from here: I improved the ratings from clients that once was very dissatisfied with previous recruiters. I gave employees respect and a wonderful opportunity to put their talent to the clients jobs for a outstanding job.
I staffed upwards of 100 employees on a weekly / daily bases.
I was told several times by former employees (longterm Banguet Captains) that I and a fellow co-worker were one of the BEST recruiters he has seen this company have professional and always respectful.
Pros
talent of culinary cooks to industrial chef, placed good employees to a daily job opportunity for weekly assignments
Cons
poor benefits. poor enthics in business and staff. company motto is: care less about employees, care more about making the company money.
Productive, busy, fast paced work environment with nice work set schedule
Maintenance, Porter, Beverage attendant/stocker (Current Employee) –  Austin, TxJanuary 7, 2015
Great work flow with lively co-workers as well as interacted with various people n a professional manner. In working in this new environment I've amassed some new work techniques and as well as learned more about furthering my goals. Management is nice and professional but mostly run on physical information and use simple payrolls with few accidents going on forcing others as well as I to wait longer to receive payment for working. There is no such thing as "hardest part of the job" to me, I always try to exceed what my employers expectations . To me the most enjoyable part of my job is knowing I got the job well done.
Pros
Free lunches depending on site
Cons
Simple filing system
Fast easy earned experience as waiter/busier.
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 21, 2017
Long hour days are the only days that are worth it when you live an hour away. They charged decent amount for the uniforms. No one there as employee liked that. The worst thing was the people as the costumers. The staff wasn't bad but wasn't great.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Poor communication
Nope
Hospitality (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 11, 2017
Is a good company if you're looking for somewhere to work just to go here and there if you're not looking for nothing permanent that will be your place to go I am looking for something permanent and I would like to come up the Personnel store if any good place for me I did my year my two years there I'm ready to go
Great place to work!
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 17, 2015
The Personnel Store has hundreds of job opportunities, mostly for employees in the hospitality industry (servers, bartenders, cooks, concessions, dishwashers, etc.). Most positions are event based, which allows for a flexible schedule and a variety of work environments. What is probably most impressive is how quickly TPS can get qualified people to work. If you are responsible and communicate frequently with your recruiter, he or she will always have a position for you. You just have to be willing to do the work, just like any other job.
Pros
Pay is always good
Cons
Most assignments are temporary
duties and tasks covered more hands-on training and duties
Temporary Assignments Employee (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 10, 2013
I rode along deliveries and shipments to destinations throughout Central Texas, operated food concession stands at local conventions and expositions in Austin, and served as banquet staff for high-profile events including job fairs and state and local community organizations. Also performed kitchen and janitorial duties as well.
Pros
free lunches and steady pay
Cons
took on too many assignments which wore me out unwittingly
Productive Fun Work Place
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 14, 2017
Once your hired, you start right away.
You get payed every week. There's always work at the Personnel Store. My hours out the day went pretty fast. It's never boring.
Pros
Free lunches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Personnel Store. Our community is ready to answer.

The Personnel Store Reviews by Location