The PIC Group Employee Reviews

Friendly and relaxed but lacking everywhere else
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 5, 2019
Worked for them at the Volkswagen plant here in Chattanooga. You have to walk close to a mile and a half to get where you’re going. When I put in the application it had the option for nights but when I went in for the interview/orientation they said they only had days. Spent more time at home in the two weeks I was there because of lack of work. They did let me listen to my headphones while working, but that was their only perk. The people I worked with were pretty friendly and helpful. No vacation time, no paid time off, and no holiday pay. If you wanted to take the day off you had to fill out a Leave of Absence form or you’d get a point that wouldn’t roll off for a year and you could get 12 points a year before you were let go. One of the biggest issues I had was that they told me that after so many days of not having any work they were entitled to let us go. I don’t know about anyone else, but I need job security, I need to know that I’m going to be working when I get to work not be sitting around for 2 hours before they decide they don’t need me and make me drive all the way home. Oh and it takes a month to get your first paycheck, and it’s a paper check that you have to wait for in the mail.
Pros
Relaxed Environment, could listen to headphones
Cons
No PTO, No vacation time, no job security
Run it's a very bad atmosphere
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIMay 23, 2019
For a month you will work 10 hours a day. Then 6 weeks no hours. Favoritism is huge they will give temps more work then a direct hire. Horrible management. They really need to drug test !!! Worst work environment . You can do way better !!!
Pros
It is a paycheck
Cons
Horrible supervisor, bad management, they really need to drug test their employees!
Great job and great people to work for.
Administration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Princeton, INMay 14, 2019
This is a inspection company. They are all over the US but my job was in the Toyota Manufacturing company out of Princeton IN. The worst qualities of this job is the dynamics of Toyota. We have lots of rules implemented by them. Which change daily. Most employees don't want us there so we endure alot of negative feedback. But as far as PIC/Trigo stands, as long as you are dependable and reliable they have your back. It's a great company to work for. They will work with you if you have outside issues and I have encountered this and witnessed it for others. You will work long shifts, in accordance with Toyota's hours. Good group of people to work with!!
Pros
Management team is friendly and approachable!
Cons
The factory workers can be unfriendly and picky.
Very tensed and rude angry people
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 9, 2019
This was the worst job I ever worked for, I wouldn't advise my worst nightmare to work for them! Run for your life, BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY! This company give you a lot of false hopes and promises!
Pros
Nothing, Nothing, Nothing
Cons
Co workwrs are team oriented
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Fountain Inn, SCMarch 28, 2019
Based out if Canda therefore most Humsn Resource is over phone, email, etc.
Needs better management skills.
Biweekly pay, takes a month until first check.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere
Cons
Needed more job orders
not a good place to work for.
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMarch 15, 2019
not good place to work for me.Was not a place for advance not enough hours to make a living ,I was looking for a place to grow an to advance,an to show case my skill.not a fun place to work. nothing to keep you instering in the job
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
no good breaks
A Great place to work. Wish I hadn't had to move out of state.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INMarch 11, 2019
Great place to work. PIC is a really good place for someone who can work steady, be dedicated and who is very observant. As long as you are hard working and willing to do the job proficiently, this is the job for you.
Pros
Great people and supervision
Cons
Some slow time's of the year, but you make it up other months.
Do not apply for pic group in Ridgeville, SC
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Ridgeville, SCFebruary 23, 2019
This job is a complete waste of your life. Low pay and long hours the overtime isnt even worth it. They tell you the schedule is 7:00am-3:40pm and yet you stay until 5:40 every day and work saturdays nonstop. The supervisor has no respect for anyone and doesnt know how to properly do his job either. Pathetic excuse for a job. Co-workers were great and so were the Volvo employees, however the supervisor refuses to accept his mistakes.
Pros
40 Minute Lunch
Cons
Everything Else
Management is HORRIBLE
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Princeton, INFebruary 12, 2019
If you aren't in the "in" crowd and you have a problem with someone in management might as well just quit right then and there. The Management team will completely Ban you from the Toyota property for life if they do not like you!
Pros
Some of the coworkers
Good experience, low pay
Quality Inspection (Current Employee) –  Shelby Twp, MIFebruary 4, 2019
Met some good people, need more inspection around the facility. Better lunch options would make productivity and work flow better. Inspectors shouldnt be released because of unreasonable requests from work area because of line workers.
Productive and fun work place
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 28, 2019
I enjoyed working for The Pic Group. It was laid back but productive. I had my own work area and worked at my own pace. Also enjoyed working with my co-workers.
Fun outgoing
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Shelby Twp, MIJanuary 25, 2019
I had alot of fun working for trigo and i still wouldnt mind working with the company just had to relocate the peolep i worked with were very nice its alit of fun
Pros
Had a subway in the factory
Easy but...
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 10, 2019
It was easy fast paced work and I worked with some great people. But the management could use some improvement and a lot of work isn't guaranteed. I left early a lot sometimes I barely got four hours for the day. Once I heard I was on standby that was it I never heard back
no body cares
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Vincennes, INJanuary 9, 2019
Bosses set around play games on phone. Don't have what is needed to do a job. Site leaders outside smoking most the time when not playing games on the phone. Write up work instructions which they don't follow when they do work so can get back to playing with phone.
Pros
Cons
low pay
Enjoyable job with good benefits and salary
Outside Operator (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLDecember 10, 2018
Secure job with excellent benefits and salary. Routine schedule. Performed current job and trained for job advancement. Good team environment. Plant was clean and safe.
Productive and fun slow pace work place
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 29, 2018
A typical day a Pic Group would be slow and long depends on how much product comes in to be inspected. I learned how to inspect car parts and work well with other employees.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Have to pay for your own lunch or bring in your own food to eat
Terrible Senior Site Leads
Inspector (Former Employee) –  NationwideNovember 5, 2018
Terrible management!! They will run you ragged and stand around watching you work. They don't care if you work 7 days a week, even if you need a day off, they get their time off. You are just a number to them.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Shameful management
Friendly and nice workplace friendly supervisors work isn’t hard
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 29, 2018
The pic group is a nice company to work for
They place you fast flexible hours other workers are great with working with each other to get the job done
Pros
3 breaks
Cons
Far distance
awful
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Trenton, MIOctober 23, 2018
you are on call so you don't know how many hours you will work in any given week. Low pay. Management plays favorites. They seem not to care who works there just as long as there are positions filled.
Pros
can take any day off you want
Cons
see above
Horribly managed company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INOctober 22, 2018
I have never been a part of a more screwed up company. My boss came to work drunk, but the big boss was his dad, and the other supervisor was his Uncle. I had bogus charges filed against me, and there was no one to tell because everyone was related. So morally flawed, and unfair. I have never been in such an uncomfortable situation. I was really good at my job, and I liked it, but the management structure was just horrible.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Horribly managed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The PIC Group. Our community is ready to answer.