The Plastek Group Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Would not work for this company again!
QUALITY INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  Hamlet, NCJuly 11, 2018
I worked for this company for a while and felt overworked for the small amount of pay they gave. The management there are not professional and base their work off of getting rid of people they don't personally like to replace them with people they want to have the job. You don't get any accolades for the work you do for your shift nor is there any reprimanding of individuals who continuously don't do their share of work. The whole place is one big circus act and I am MORE than elated to be relieved of my "job" there.
Cons
Short breaks, poor insurance coverage, poor management
Seems stressful
Floorperson (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAMay 4, 2018
A lot of negative energy and people. Very strict. Some days are fast paced and some days are slow. It’s easy work but after awhile you get bored of it if you don’t try to bid for another position.
Easy but Stressful Job
Floor Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Rockingham, NCApril 14, 2018
Job didn't work out for me...injured my shoulder due to lack of proper equipment and training...standing on concrete floors for 12 hours a day/night will kill your back/knees if not ready...need major safety upgrades and equipment.
employeed
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 12, 2018
I start there 3/26/2018. I got straight hired in the company. My start pay was $10.75/Hour. I was getting pay Bi-weekly checks. The health care to can get is Highmark and i applied for single person and it will cost me $88+ a month.
Cons
Pay to high in health care, bi weekly checks
Wonderful company and very supportive upper managment
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 8, 2018
I have had nothing but a great experience working at Plastek.
Great advancement opportunities and Very helpful staff that will assist you in the transitions of your job roles and duties.
It was alright
Delivery Driver (Independent Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Hamlet, NCMarch 20, 2018
Good opportunity at the time. Happy to have worked there. I'm a full time student now so it just didn't work out anymore. Friendly and communicative manager and decent wage.
Plastek has good jobs
Management (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 28, 2018
Plastek has good jobs with good pay and benefits. The factory is clean and neat and very technologically advanced. Then company is stable and doesn't have many ups and downs. I would recommend looking into Plastek.
Pros
Promotion, good pay and benefits
Machinist
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamlet N.C.June 22, 2017
I made sure all paper work, products, and the machine ran correctly. I also fixed and repaired my own break downs on my machine. I also inspected all parts for cuts, marks and burns on the deodorant finished products.
Good job and company.
Process Engineering Internship (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 2, 2017
This is a good company to work for. I worked there as a process engineer intern making $12 an hour. Everyone was pretty nice. Work environment was safe, cleanly, and pretty laid-back. There were some creepy floor people, but other than that it was okay. Oh and the manager of the building I was in was pretty scary and hard to approach. But not a deal breaker.
Great Company to work for!
Materials Buyer (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 19, 2017
Plastek is a wonderful company to work for for many reasons! They have an extremely flat organizational structure where the President of the company is very accessible and friendly with employees at any level. the work atmosphere, while serious, lends itself to light social interaction and everyone there is friendly and hardworking. With locations in Erie, PA, Hamlet, NC, and international there are plenty of opportunities for travel and or relocation.
Pros
Friendly work environment, travel opportunity, very well known in the industry
Cons
Below average compentsation
Enjoyed working with my co workers making new friends
Injection Molding Technician (Former Employee) –  Hamlet, NCJanuary 9, 2017
Enjoyed working with large machines make containers for deodorants for all brands. And setting up color changes. Learning too work with big molds. and using 48 hot runner tips on the molds.
fast paced environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAAugust 3, 2014
work days usually went fast because you are always busy, but no advancement opportunities for women
Pros
Cons
hot in summer, no job advancement
March 1, 2018

Advancement is available for both women and men as well as all minorities at Plastek. The company employs high percentage of both women and minorities. Check out our job opportunities and see for yourself what Plastek is all about!

Somewhat satisifed.
Quality Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Erie, PADecember 13, 2013
Overall Plastek was a great company to work for. Some of the management leaves a lot to be desired.
okay place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Erie,PaJuly 20, 2012
pulled parts for shipping,I was responsible for warehouse storageand helped with shipping operations. I learned how to do record retentions, working third shift was the hardest on me. Met some nice people
no consistancy what so ever,along with awful benefits and horrific pay
quality assurance (Current Employee) –  Hamlet,n.c.January 16, 2012
At first I loved my job but soon after it turned into a big horrible mess, I started to find out about alot of things that were not making any since what so ever to me, for instance I learned that there was several people that had been there for 15 to 20 years that was just barely making over $10.00 an hour,the way some of the supervisors are allowed to talk to and treat their employees is disrespectful and down right distasteful,and the worst of all ,going back to my first statement there is no room for advancement and not to mention the pay is horrible as are the benefits,you never know wats going on one day it's one way the next it's another.
Pros
there are none
Cons
bad pay, bad benefits and no consistancy
February 28, 2018

Couldn't disagree more. Plastek is a great place to work with good pay rates and good benefits that won't cost you an arm and a leg. The other reviews are much more indicative of Plastek and it's good reputation than this one poor review that is based only in opinion and not in fact.

February 28, 2018

Please note the HMD plant was very new when this review was written. There are many benefits to the HMD plant and would highly recommend jobs at this facility. The other reviews above certainly paint a nicer picture of HMD and the jobs there.