The Plaza Assisted Living Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work at.
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 17, 2019
This place is awesome. I've learned so much here as a nurse. My co-workers and my boss we're so helpful specially when you needed help. The residents also treats us all as a family.
Good staff. Administrator horrible. Management awesome. If they got rid of administrator they could keep staff
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 10, 2019
. Management awesome. If they got rid of administrator.Administrator horrible. Very rude. Treats you with no respect. Talk down to you instead of talking to you.
Pros
Free lunch, nice staff to work with.
Cons
Short breaks, rude administration
Fast food pays better
Resident Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Oahu Island, HINovember 24, 2018
Always a pleasure to work with seniors. They always make the employees feel appreciated. However the management needs to work on making their employees feel valued. When issues arise try to understand employees. Always on your feet, lots of tasks to fulfill, most times having to deal with highly stressful and overwhelming situations. Work with Alzheimer and dementia residents as well as other health conditions; cancer, Parkinson's, etc.
Pros
Working with seniors is a pleasure
Cons
Compensation, no annual pay raise (we're suppose to recieve each year)
stressful, growing company
Food Service Director /Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Pearl City, HI 96782May 27, 2018
opening up 5 plaza in 12 years was very stressful, staffing, purchasing, making menus, recipes, staff training, inspection,
once operations started needed to work out problems. Every Plaza had its own identity so every Building was run a little different, We also had to satisfy resident's and their guest daily
COO Was a great leader
Chef (Former Employee) –  O‘ahu, HIJanuary 31, 2018
I enjoyed the my time at the plaza. well structured company and working with the team was the highlight of the day. overall they treat you very fairly.
New facility with great values
Charge Nurse, RN (Current Employee) –  Pearl City, HISeptember 20, 2017
The Plaza is great company that is dedicated to providing quality care for their residents. Offers memory care for dementia and Alzheimer's that is of exceptional quality.
Fun and enjoyable workplace
Activities Coordinator Intern, Activities Director (Former Employee) –  Pearl City, HINovember 29, 2016
Enjoyed working with the residents especially the memory care residents. The workers are so welcoming and always willing to help. I had the best supervisor.
Pros
cheap lunches, friendly co-workers
Cons
pay of workers
Productive and fun workplace
Intern Student (Former Employee) –  Pearl City, HIAugust 7, 2016
Staff were very friendly and helpful with everything. My supervisor was the best and helped me enjoy my internship. The activity assistants were the best and helped me enjoy working with the residents. I learned so much working with memory care residents.
Pros
Cheap $3 lunches
Cons
pay rate is not as good
Going back to work on a Monday
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mililani Town, HI 96789April 19, 2016
I find myself thinking where did the time go. I’m usually cleaning, engaging, promoting, organizing, and communicating with my team.
Pros
Meeting new people, gaining more experience, and becoming a part of a new team.
Cons
Long breaks