The Point Casino Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Poor Management
Ann (Former Employee) –  Kingston, WAAugust 13, 2018
Absolute poor management. Egomaniac, unethical, narcissistic psychopath! If management didn't like you, you would be degraded in front of your peers. HR was fantastic but they were limited to so much to can do. People could only take so much abuse.
Decent place to work
HOST & SERVER (Current Employee) –  Kingston, WAJuly 4, 2018
The point is a fun atmosphere and fast-paced. Colleagues are respectable, hard-working people. Pay is fair and you have the ability to get raises.
A typical day at works consists of greeting casino and hotel customers with a smile and ensuring they are happy with their visit to the point.
Management is usually fair and typically treat employees with respect.
good place
Money Counter (Former Employee) –  Kingston, WA 98346November 22, 2017
Verifying what the table games personnel turned in from the day before to ensure money received was accurate. Also, counting all money received by the casino from slot machines and Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) from the day before and any emergency counts needed for the day. Re-verifying all counts were accurate again at the end of the day.
thumbd up
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Kingston, WANovember 19, 2017
Fun working experience. I enjoyed all the staff there and I enjoyed what I did for my job. I was laid off unfortunately. But I have nothing bad to say about them
Fun, Exciting, Full Of Life & Energy
Dishwasher/Prep Cook, Line Cook/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Kingston, WAAugust 21, 2016
The Point Casino was a very good job. I only left to get more experience in a retail setting, other than that my old "kitchen family" is full of people who are hard working, diversified, knowledgeable and have great work ethics!
Pros
Free food, optional deli food with employee discount, bonus checks, healthcare plan/dental plan, always room for advancement, interchangeable departments
Cons
part time employees did not qualify for healthcare/dental program, taxes to your paycheck were high, equipment would often fail, communication.
ok
Main Banker (Former Employee) –  Kingston, WAAugust 6, 2015
fun place, horrible growth potential. no room for advancement unless you invest 10-20 years... pay is HORRIBLE only FEDERAL mininum wage because you are on a reservation...
Pros
fun casino environment
Cons
bad pay
low pay
Deli Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kingston, WAJuly 24, 2015
this is my first job they don't pay their employee that much.The evaluation is so delayed and i have to pay for my medical and health insurance.
Productive and fun place to work
Event Center Laborer (Former Employee) –  Kingston, WAMay 18, 2015
worked face to face with costumers in a fun enviorment including helping run events and working in the casino gift shop. this included setting up and taking down for events and also wrist banding the costumers and showing them to their seats for the events. while working in the gift shop i stocked the shelves and made sure costumer needs were met to the best of my ability.
Pros
free dinners during events
Fun place to work
Slot Attendant/Entry Tech (Former Employee) –  Kingston, WAJanuary 9, 2015
Great place to make some friends, learn about the gaming industry and how to secure assets if your working in security.
Pros
lots of perks, like free games sometimes, food, comps
Cons
HR felt lacky, hard to move up if you dont know anyone personally
Great casino to work for an outstanding team
Director Of Operations (Current Employee) –  Kingston, WANovember 14, 2014
Typical day starts at 8am and usually goes to 6pm. Every day is different from a variety of meetings to events to visiting with our guests in any number of functions.The management team at the casino is probably one of the best teams I have ever worked for.The entire team is always thinking how to improve our guest service and have a great operation. The hardest part of the day is leaving while there is so much to do. When I walk the floor and see how happy our team members are and how happy our guests are. Then going home and knowing I did the best I could do.
Pros
great work environment, beautiful area of the state. much work left to do.
Cons
not being able to get projects done today, isolation from the major guest markets.
Good working environment
Slot Attendant/Main Bank Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingston, WAApril 14, 2014
I really enjoyed my time at The Point Casino. I was able to meet some wonderful people and make lifelong friends. At times it was stressful but such is life. I feel that the management could do a better job of listening to the employees. At times it would be as if you were not talking. All in all it was a good experience.
Pros
Family atmosphere.
Cons
Wages subpar
Working at The Point
Revenue Auditor (Current Employee) –  Kingston, WAApril 3, 2014
My typical day starts with getting the progressive numbers from the fronts of the slot machines
Then I review evaluate and enter the cashier's paperwork into our Excel spreadsheet,
Next I review, evaluate and enter the main bankers paperwork into an Excel spreadsheet
After lunch
I balance the list of prize winners and to misc cage
last of all I audit Table Games and Poker paperwork to the income journal
I like work but I don't like the stress
One co-worker talks inappropriately at work all other co-workers are easy to get along with.
Pros
Half off food at the deli during your work shift, half off 2 concert tickets in in the event center
Cons
always more work then time, no recognition of a job well done
Great first start
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, WASeptember 14, 2013
Handled and redirected customer complaints, answered incoming calls, and distributed messages. Organized incoming mail, prepared documents, and maintained accurate data. This was where I learned how to resolve customer inquiries and process customer orders. The most enjoyable part of the job was using the intercom system for prize drawings.
Enjoyable work place
Cashier/Hostess/Busser (Former Employee) –  Kingston, WAFebruary 4, 2013
The Point Casino was a good place to work for, though just opening when i had worked there they had a few quirks but were pretty good about fixing things that needed to be improved. Everyone there was very friendly and fun to work with