The Polyclinic Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productive & competitive place to work
Patient Services Advocate (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 6, 2018
A typical day work includes amazing interactions with the patients & co-workers as well as putting ALL my intellectual skills to the test. I have learned SO many things regarding how each specialty department (Dermatology, Urology, etc.) works & it has helped me immensely in my knowledge of each patient's account that I deal with on a daily basis. My current supervisor is probably the best I've ever had. Her dedication to the team is without bounds & it shows in how she handles multiple situations in our department. The culture at The Polyclinic is one of genuine care & kindness. From the staff to the patients, everyone is bent on helping each other...this creates an awesome environment which makes it pretty easy to do my job. The hardest part of the job is not being to help a patient due to the situation being beyond your control. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping a patient when they thought their situation was beyond repair. I love what I do, but I can honestly give that SAME service to whoever I come in contact with.
Pros
Positive work environment & fun to help others
Cons
Pay & benefits aren't the best for how much we do
Director is bi polar
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 6, 2018
The director is moody and unpredictable, one day you are doing a great job next day you are on eggshells.
She has an unusual name but gets angry if you mispronounce it even the first day.
Pros
Flex schedule
Cons
Director is crazy
Team work
Float Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 17, 2018
Over the last 13 years have enjoyed working at The Polyclinic in a team oriented atmosphere. Would recommend working at the clinic! Management has only been improving over the years.
Great Place!
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 1, 2018
The doctor I worked for in GI was awesome! People have a great and positive attitude everyday. Patients were awesome. I looked forward to helping patients heal with their conditions or diagnoses.
Very professional workplace
Template Coordinator/New Patient Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 21, 2018
I worked at The Polyclinic for about 15 years, loved working there. Learned very much and the patients were so nice. Loved the environment. Very friendly and professional.
Great benefits, not so good management
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 26, 2018
You know what they say, bad managers run off the best employees and cause disaster. I loved doing what I did, but I didn't enjoy the fact I was working with so many providers with no help. The only great thing about polyclinic is the benefits.
Benefits
Cons
PTO accrual, doing multiple things for multiple people
Culture is Reactive
Former member (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 6, 2018
Culture is reactive and slow to change. Very little opportunity for advancement. People are nice but many managers have no leadership training and do not know how to mentor and developed employees.
Well rounded clinic
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 30, 2018
With so many specialties in one place, The Polyclinic is a good place for a new employee to learn. They have everything there, from pediatrics to geriatrics & the latest in lab and diagnostic imaging. It's easy to get to but not so easy to park (the lot is tight). The work environment is quick, which can be stressful.
Pros
Great for learning and they have many opportunities to advance in your career.
Cons
Quick pace, stressful, less employee benefits than they once had.
Great Providers, Need some help with staff retention
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 29, 2018
I really loved working in the Neurology department. The providers were great. They have a high turn over rate with the MA and PSR staff so I worked with many different people over the 15 years in that department. The work day can be fast paced and stressful sometimes due to frequent sick calls. I would sometimes take up to 75-85 calls per day myself. There was also a constant turn over in management we were reporting to someone different every year or two. That was sometimes difficult with establishing a consistent working relationship with my manager. Overall I feel that The Polyclinic provides great care for their patients and tries to provide a positive working culture for the employees. I ultimately chose to leave due to my daily commute being almost 3 hours total.
Pros
Great Providers, Great Patient Care
Cons
Management and staff turnover
Company looking to find its place
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 26, 2018
The Polyclinic has been operating in Seattle for 100 years, but recent changes in health care have brought unexpected changes. A few years ago there was an attempt to run lean, which resulted in raise freezes and benefit cuts, which of course resulted in mass employee turnover. The lean system has since been not as influential, but it's still not clear what direction the company want to go.
Pros
Good paid time off benefits
Cons
Less than competitive wages, lack of advancement opportunities for non-clinical staff.
lack of transparency, lack of standardization, horrible management
Registered Float Nurse (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 18, 2018
lack of transparency, lack of standardization, horrible management, disconnection between departments, lack of resources/tools to do your job effectively
Terrible Management
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 18, 2017
Management does not have your back, they will listen to hear say and will fire you without speaking to you about what the issue is. They force you to work in a hostile environment and then terminate you.
As a contracted employee, I only worked several months.
Medical Records Specialist (Filer/Scanner) (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 3, 2017
Organizing a lot of papers into categories prior to scanning into the database. I enjoyed the low key supervision and weekly feedbacks we had with our supervisor. The work place culture is casual and the employees were friendly. I enjoyed working while I was there.
Pros
pretty good pay
Cons
didn't get any benefits
Stressful and unsupportive
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Washington StateDecember 1, 2017
Working at the polyclinic I have seen so many employees leave. From doctors to medical assistants to PSRs. I have had to watch many employees in tears because of stress and lack of support. They tell us they are improving and restructuring but while doing so have shown no respect for current loyal employees. New management is clicky and has no interest in getting to know their staff on a team based level.
Pros
People in the same job positions come together well and support each other when things get hard
Cons
Lack of support. Management poorly trained. Stressful work environment. Huge turnovers
stressfull placed to work
Medical Billing Specialist/ Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 22, 2017
Not a very happy environment to work in. Poor management,
Employees nice but just a hard place to work, Employees having to worry about losing their jobs. So it made a stressful atmosphere
For a first job in this career it wasn't too bad
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 22, 2017
I was there almost a year before I left, as a float. It's enjoyable because you get to learn so much, but at the same.time there is super high expectations for floats and it's a bit discouraging when your new and go to a department you've never been in and the other employees either treat you like a little kid or they help it's so bias on a constant basis
Pros
Long break
Cons
Bias, Management, communication
terrible
Staff (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 13, 2017
I would not recommend this company. Mean staff, abusive. Lots of backstabbing. You have to pretend to survive there. Don't expect honesty or support.
Polyclinic great
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 12, 2017
This was a great billing job until a 3rd party took it over for money concerns. Friendly people and staff, challenging, fun workplace, lots to learn, decent location.
Pros
Everything about Polyclinic was great
Cons
Meridian (3rd party) was a failure
Very good place to work
Coding Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 1, 2017
I would highly recommend The Polyclinic as a career job for anyone. I was treated as an equal and enjoyed the benefits and perks of the company. The hardest part for me is the commute from Everett to Seattle.
Nice company to work for.
Account Receivables Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 18, 2017
Good company to work for. Work environment was nice. Staff was nice and friendly. I was there for a temporary position for 5 months.
Manager was very nice.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Polyclinic. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight