The Potter's House Family And Children Treatment Center Employee Reviews

Absolutely do not work here !!!!!!
Behavioral Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GA 30087March 4, 2019
If you can avoid this place please do so. Pay attention to who what medicaid insurance companies can be billed versus ALL of those that CANNOT.

There are NO timely raises and NO consistent clinical director. Evaluations do not take place hardly ever.

2019 and there is NO Direct deposit they still do checks. So if there is a storm or holiday, YOUR CHECK WILL BE AFFECTED!!!!

Contract work but still have a minimum of mandated hours per week and no benefits.

24 Hours turn around time on ALL notes and assessments late fee will be applied instantly.

Pay is NOT competitive and is BELOW the average of other Atlanta agencies.
Pros
No pros
Cons
NO Benefits, Owners do NOT value workers
Family atmosphere
Medical Records Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAJanuary 21, 2019
Christian based business, that cares about the needs of it's consumer. A typical day auditing charts and doing intake.Management is knowledgeable, culture is family based.
the hardest part of my job is seeing the children leave.
Pros
food provide daily for staff
Cons
uncertainty
Average place to work
Admin. Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAJanuary 15, 2019
The Potters House was a fair place to work. The only downside were the patients however considering this is a mental health facility, that should be expected.
Demanding expectations with low pay
Behavioral Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GANovember 28, 2018
Stay away. Behavioral Health Counselors set their own schedules but have to maintain a minimum of 25 contact hours with clients per week. Many hours spent documenting notes. Pay is well below the market rate.
Pros
Set your own schedule
Cons
Therapist are contractors but still required to maintain a minimum number of work hours per week
Great place to start
Behavioral Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GANovember 26, 2018
My time at The Potters House was spent getting to know the practice of interventions with individuals and their families. This is a great place to start and then to quickly leave there after. There is a high turnover rate and the stress of working at this location is very real.
Horrible place to work
Billing Manager (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAMarch 22, 2018
Parted ways due to questionable ethical behavior and outrageous behavior of owner/CEO, COO and terrible treatment of staff. Poor patient care. Surprised that company is still allowed to conduct business.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Revolving door due to poor management
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAJanuary 30, 2018
The Potter's House could essentially be a great place for children to receive core services. Once they get the management in place this place will flourish!
Supervision of children
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAAugust 28, 2017
Meet with management to get driving routes,discuss issue, check vehicles
Pick children up from school
Deliver to facility
Observe and supervise up to 10 children
documentation of behaviors note behaviors to psychology counsel
tutor of children school work
feed children
transport children to home in evening
Pros
Friendly staff, learn about the mental health field
Cons
moderate stress, faced paced, each day is different, pay not equal to the multiple jobs such as counseler, transportation, supervision, etc
Not compensated for the amount of work you do
Behavioral Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAJuly 6, 2017
No compensated for the amount of work that you do on a daily/weekly basis. No benefits, high turn over rate, Never even met the CEO, but he send distubing emails about not hours for the week. 30 full-time; 20 part-time. Having to drive around all metro Atlanta living on the east side of Atlanta traveling as far as Peachtree City and Covington/Oxford weekly without mileage. I became worn out in a matter of 3 months. I stuck it out as long as I could until the Quality Assurance team changed 3 times in a matter of 4 months. Something has to change.
Pros
the culture of the other behavioral health counselors
Cons
break room fee, no health benefits, no compensation for travel, mileage or gas while using your own vehicle.
Workplace
Mental Health Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LAMay 21, 2017
I love the environment and the opportunity to help children. I wish we could find more places to throw events for the kids. I would love for more families to get involved.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Fun Workplace
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAApril 20, 2017
A typical day is a lot to deal with, you have at least 70 to 90 clients a day. 95% of the clients are on medication, you have to be willing to be patient and very understanding. Dealing with the management part I think some areas could be better and more organized. I really don't think that the job is hard at all, working with kids is my passion!! Everyday I strive to meet the needs of the clients by being at positive role model in every aspect.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
More pay
Highly unethical
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAMarch 19, 2017
This company does not car about its staff of consumers. Morale is low because the company only cares about making money and wI'll assign the same consumers to multiple therapist damaging therapeutic rapport. The benefits and compensation is not competitive either and they nickel and dime you for expenses which they take directly out of your check (ie: mandatory kitchen use fee)
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Compensation, customer service
worst company ever
Medical Records Specialist/Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GANovember 28, 2015
Worked for this company for about 5 mnths they are the worst.... Ppl are fired n hired or quit everyday. The only ppl that last long are the family members of the owners. Everybody is rude as h.e. double hockey sticks from the managers to staff. The new HR manager is a rude woman nobody can stand her!!! She don't know how to talk to people at all.
Cons
extreme lack of professionalism
Family Oriented
Clinical Director (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 12, 2015
It is a very intense work environment for those who are able to jungle multiple task in a short time span. A person must be very fast paced and able to change tasks at the drop of a dime. Great experience that will prepare you for any job setting.
Pros
Understanding co-workiers
Cons
Very Intense
Stressful Work Experience
CST, Group Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GASeptember 29, 2015
I worked for this organization for 8 months and it was by far the most stressful 8 months of my life. I never had an issue with staff members being nasty towards me, in fact everyone was extremely nice to me up until I left. My caseload constantly changed and management was extremely unorganized. They never had their stuff together yet threatened to fire you if you didn't meet deadlines. They even held your check if your notes were not in at a certain time. My paycheck fluctuated every pay period making it hard for me to live even remotely comfortable because I never knew what my paycheck would be. I made the bulk of my money through facilitating groups which was stressful in itself. The children in the TAP program were so used to seeing staff come and leave, they would be so surprised to see me each week. Which is SAD!!! Training and meetings were unpaid and they expected you to always attend regardless of what you have going on. Benefits were a joke! The best part of my job was building rapport with the children and their families and seeing my clients progress. I'm also thankful for the exposure because I truly had no support from this company and had learn how to make things happen for myself. A few of my co workers reached out and helped me when I first started however nobody stayed at this agency long! Please don't waste your time. You are never off and it's merely impossible to live comfortably working for this agency. It's not worth it! I don't even understand how they're still open for business. Colleagues in the field warned me about this agency when I was hired and  more... I wish I had listened. Run!  less
Pros
Helping children and families
Cons
Poor management, high turn over, low pay, stressful work environment, benefits, unprofessional staff
Don't work for these people.
CSI (Former Employee) –  Stone mountain, GASeptember 25, 2015
You won't get paid.
They are unstable
Beware of the fraud activity
Bad business practices.
They don't know how to talk to people.. Just not a good work environment. Run. Run. Run.
a ghetto company
csi (Former Employee) –  stone mountain, gaAugust 1, 2015
This place is horrible and should go out of business immediately. They are unethical and untrustworthy. I wouldn't want my worst enemy to work here! !!! They pile you with a bunch of work and dog you out for not meeting expectations. I don't know anyone whose lasted over a year besides 2 therapist. The leave policy sucks, there's no 401 k, and pto. They can't keep doctors. This company has a bad reputation in atlanta. The kid in the T.A.P. program, which is a joke, is packed in rooms with only 4 staff members in the whole building. Please, don't consider this place for employment. They are also known for messing with your pay. They also talk about people behind their backs and don't back you or give employees a chance to defend themselves or come to a solution with parents. I thank God for the experience and the money, but this place definitely was a step back from what I was taught as a professional. Every one who's there is trying to desperately quit.
Pros
free lunches a few great co-workers
Cons
gossip, high turnover, unorganized, back stabbers
Horrible place to work for
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GAJuly 23, 2015
I worked here almost 4 years and received a raise once. The management staff is unfriendly they work you to death here. You don't have a say so especially flexible hours if you have children and they go through employees quite fast. It is very unorganized here and the owners do not care about the children they treat just about the money for their million dollar house. I do not recommend this job to anyone. Especially if you want a decent pay do not apply here avoid this place by all means!!
good company
Community Support Therapist/ Group Facilitator (Former Employee) –  stone mountain GeorgiaJune 23, 2015
The people are nice to work with, very helpful managers and well organized company, lots of resources for the clients and clean building.
Very little job satisfaction here
Community Support Individual (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GaApril 10, 2015
I worked for this company for what seemed like the longest 6 months of my life! The best part about working for this company was having the ability to work out in the community as opposed to being in an office all day. At times it was rewarding knowing you may have helped a kid or family. The cons well surpassed the pros. The management is horrible. They treat employees with disrespect. Case notes are non-stop with such short deadlines. It was extremely difficult to separate work from personal life because work always came home with me to meet deadlines.
Pros
Helping families
Cons
Workplace management & misleading compensation