The Princeton Review Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good experience and Learning
Tutor, MCAT instructor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 17, 2018
Its really very interesting to interact with students and to teach them the basics. The exam taking strategies and tricks are really important and good to know.
Not a great career move
Northeast Business Development Director (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 27, 2018
Company is not in a great place at this time. Not a good career move for myself or anyone else at this time. Would not recommend. Very disorganized not a clear mission or goals. Products need a little help as well. Moral is down and culture needs a boost.
Nice place to stretch out your teaching skills
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 25, 2018
The interview process to become an instructor is fairly simple -- prepare and deliver a presentation on a topic of your interest. If you pass you then undergo a 2-3 week long training course. Most of this course is to familiarize you with the Princeton Review's material and to prime whatever teaching skills you have. Depending on whatever certification you receive (SAT, ACT, etc.), you are now qualified to be an instructor for that specific test.

From this point forward, instructor work is independent and is dependent upon your own personal efforts. A typical non-teaching workday would consist of me prepping lessons for my students, working out solutions, and coming up with solutions for questions students emailed to me.

Teaching really varies from school to school. Since I worked in a fairly affluent school system, the majority of students did well in the course and went on to do well on their tests. One thing I cannot stress enough is that if an instructor struggles, then their students will too. In my case, some of the managers at the office were able to mentor me and help me improve my approach in the classroom.
Pros
Good environment to experience a form of teaching, okay pay for the work
Cons
Job is really temporary and seasonal
Overall good place to work
Production Analyst/ E-Learning Payroll Manager (Former Employee) –  Olyphant, PAJune 13, 2018
I learned how to use many software packages. The hardest part of the job was getting answers from upper management when needed. I like working with the teachers/tutors to resolve their issues. The team in Olyphant was great to work with,
Pros
Flexiable working hours
Cons
Lack of communication
Flexible work schedule
Campus Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 4, 2018
For students this job is great due to its flexible hours. As long as you maintain a certain number per two weeks. Students can also be exposed to many universities and even have a look at the graduate programs themselves. Bonuses are offered for hiring new employees as well as enrolling students in courses. Meetings were not consistent and communication would also be off. There could be better training offered in learning the content of what we sell.
Pros
Travel, bonuses for part time, access to grad program course material
Cons
miscommunication, inconsistency
Leadership Changes
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 29, 2018
Routine leadership changes have led to changes in the job culture that has diminished the feeling of camaraderie at the company. It used to be an amazing place to work, and I hope it will become so again. But under current leadership, I am not confident that will happen.
Can be fun, but don't expect support
teacher/tutor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 18, 2018
Constant changes in leadership and structure. Poor communication. Pay is not competitive. They hire too many people for the amount of work they have. It's like the Uber of test prep.
Pros
fun to work with students
Cons
see review
Great Company to work for
Physics Instructor & Tutor(MCAT) (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRMay 13, 2018
As an instructor, my job is to teach groups of students and provide individual tutoring.
I've learned many teaching skills and gained great experience.
The management staff is excellent and will always look out for your interests.
There's plenty of incentive in the workplace and they are always innovating new solutions.
The hardest part of the job is the teaching itself or driving to teach far away classes.
Teaching is very fulfilling and can be very fun!
Great to start a career
Manager (Current Employee) –  TXApril 30, 2018
Princeton Review is a wonderful company to begin your career. Wonderful folks to work with and you learn many jobs to help advance your skills.
The hardest part of the job is constant changes to the structure of the company. It is easy to remain loyal and tough when it is time to leave.
Not for everybody
Enrollment Advisor (Current Employee) –  WyomingMarch 16, 2018
fast paced be ready and willing to learn, everyone is trying to reach their goal, you should to, or don't show up, try to smile, don't be negative and you'll fit in well, nothing negative to say, not for everybody, not necessarily for me
Great Part-Time work for teachers
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 8, 2018
If you love to teach and need some extra money, TPR is a great opportunity. You (mostly) set your own schedule and work as much or as little as you want.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
The new CEO cares very little for teachers or students. It's all about the bottom line now.
Run away, run far away
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 4, 2018
Terrible place to work, negative attitudes in the office lead to toxic work environment. Management not great. Compensation terrible. The teachers and tutors are great and creative and usually kind, but that doesn't make up for the other challenges. Generally irreverant, we're better than everyone else environment, which can get old after a while.
Pros
some nice people
Cons
poor compensation
A friendly, challenging work environment.
Book Production Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 19, 2018
The Princeton review was a great place to work. The work was challenging but fulfilling with opportunities to learn. The job culture was unparalleled in its quest to keep the friendly, fun employees happy in their job.
Pros
Casual dress, salary.
Cons
High management turnover rate.
Work from home
Director of Educational Partnerships (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 10, 2018
place allows you to work from home and manage your own time. Company is bottom line driven. a lot of work goes into developing staff trough training through various training programs.
Pros
work from home
Cons
very isolated work envorinment
Fun work
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2018
Work with Children, Teachers, faculty to help students prepared for national and state standardized testing.
Very Rewarding work.
Flexible hours and relaxed Management.
Lots of neptisim
Supplemental Educational Services Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 17, 2018
This was my first job after college. It was great at first, but eventually it was a place that would not advance you if you didn't give them what they wanted. Lack of communication and too much required work for it.
Lovely folks, glad to help
Classroom Instructor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2018
I was an SAT tutor and worked primarily in classrooms either in schools or at the company offices. The Princeton Review supported me, provided training in the proper methods for presenting information, and ensured that both I and the students would have a good experience. I really appreciated the fact that they had emergency plans in reserve if anything was to go wrong [ someone not opening the facility, or a student being uncooperative]. I never felt like I was alone, or winging it.
Pros
good support
Nice place to begin your sales career in austin, texas
Enrollment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 22, 2017
Like any sales job, it can laborious. Answering phone calls and making phone calls to prospective clients. I learned a tone of information about higher education. The culture was great-but unfortunately I think that is changing.
Pros
Worked Downtown
Cons
Pay structure
Fun place to work in a call center environment
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 20, 2017
The Princeton Review was a fun place to work. I was inside sales in a call center environment. The team was full of smart and fun people. I did enjoy it and only left because of a great opportunity in the oilfield.
Pros
I was on a great team!
Great side hustle!
MCAT Developer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 25, 2017
I picked up this job during grad school as an easy way to make some money on the side. I loved being able to work whenever I wanted, with virtually no deadlines or real expectations!
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
None that I can think of

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Princeton Review. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

54out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at The Princeton Review.

Powered by Comparably