The Providence Community Health Centers, Inc.

The Providence Community Health Centers, Inc. Employee Reviews

Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 10, 2018
My roll was to come in and bring down the A/R I was unable to meet there requirement in 30 day which was not realistic for the overload of work. I did like the work place and the work duties I don't appreciate the expectation based on the overload of clean up required., I would of like to have more time to show my progress for the job tittle.
Pros
hour lunch with 2 15mnt break and 10 commute
Cons
not enough trainning
Awesome
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 25, 2018
Paid well, fast pace, excellent, encouragement, twice a week schedule was later which helped for morning appointments instead having to use any vacation days
Truly one of the “Best Places to Work in RI”
Management (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 10, 2018
The organization has gone through a tremendous transformation over the last couple of years...They now have the right people in roles and are achieving the outcomes they set out to accomplish.

EMR is still an issue but the CIO is committed to making it better in 2018!

PCHC is on the road to great success...
Pros
Outstanding Benefits!!!
excellent
Pediatrician (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 22, 2018
excellent management
strong ancillary staff
good benefits
reasonable work/life balance
variety of patient mix kept things interesting
pay was relatively low.
The best place to work for and to get healthcare
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 6, 2017
I enjoyed my employment there, I learned patience under pressure, clerical work and working with a diverse culture group. The hardest part of the job was learning new things which occurred often,but they were very helpful in their training. The most enjoyable was the teamwork and the friendships which were formed over the years. Also working within the community was rewarding. I have done everything from filing, answering phones, xeroxing, helped pts. Fill out forms, filed lab work etc. In pts.records, delivered records to the necessary clinics, attended all meetings and learned the electronic medical record system which wasn't the easiest to comprehend at that time. Working with the public is something I enjoy, but it also can be challenging.Throughout the years there have been many different bosses each with their own personalities and set of standards, but I tend to just go with the flow, so I had no problems.
Pros
GReat Benefits and healthcare
Never bored
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 23, 2017
This position supported Chief Medical Office, Medical Director and Vice President for Process Improvement. It required multi tasking and organization skills.
Benefits
Cons
35 hr work week
Ok place to work
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 31, 2017
Over all company is ok. Problem is the EHR system is terrible, HR is very unorganized and it takes a long time to get the correct answer to simple questions at times. Lots of gossip within the clinics, the doctor aren't the friendliest.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours
Typical work day
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  RIJuly 31, 2017
Busy more work then should be in 1 day, not enough time off. Interesting how all others are compensated more then providers and how much pressure is on the providers to see more patients.
Great coworkers, no room for advancement
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 20, 2017
The coworkers in the billing department and one hour lunch great. No room for advancement in the coding department and the other coders were stuck up and back stabbers.
Pros
One hour lunch, Great coworkers n the billing department
Cons
Not enough coders and no room for advancement.
It is a very enjoyable place to work
RN Float/Perdiem (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 22, 2017
I enjoyed working at PCHC. I enjoyed the opportunity to be busy, challenged and continually learn more. I enjoyed working with the Hispanic and Cambodian population and speaking and continually improving on my Spanish and learning a bit of Khmer. I enjoyed learning all the clinical and computer skills I needed I enjoyed patient teaching, triage, pediatrics, family and internal medicine.
I was a float perdiem and would of liked to find a permanent suitable position that was not offered in my case. I have religious beliefs that kept me from working in OB-GYN which kept me back from possible permanent positions.
Pros
Salary, benefits, lots to learn. A favorite!
Cons
unable to find a permanent or perdiem that was suitable for my needs and with health insurance
A chaotic mis-managed organization
RN (Former Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 22, 2016
This organization was ill prepared for the challenges of the affordable care act and the 21st century. They have an electronic health record system and do not utilize to it's optimum resulting in poor patient outcomes. Management obviously has not been updated on how to best utilize the EHR. There are so many ways that the clinics could function more efficiently and cost effective.Management fails to utilize staff to it's optimum
The health center aides are utilized more as interpreters and the company is losing thousands of dollars every day by not utilizing outside interpreters who are paid by the insurance companies. Therefore, nurses are having to do a lot of the work that the health aides should be doing. There are no office assistants and the nurses have to fill that void by handling phone calls, faxing, sorting mail (which 90% of it should be scanned directly into the EHR and not go to the nurse) and other administrative duties on top of an already busy schedule of duties.
Morale is low among staff members and a lot of workplace bullying takes place among workers and management staff.
The work hours are bizarre M, W and F 8:30-5 and T, Th 11:30-8:00 p.m.
Pros
Cons
poor management and leadership
Poor Management
Ex nurse (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 24, 2016
Management clueless about everything.
Bizarre hours, your body will pay for that.
Politics involved.
You will never move up.
Doctors never last, they use the immigration system to hire.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Social Busy environment
Medical Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 26, 2016
As my experience at the health center,i had a great journey. I learned multi task at the same time, phone,computer and patients.The co workers are great,hard workers and very socials. I had good experience with nurses and providers
Watch coworkers that have been there for years disapear
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 28, 2016
very sad was a great place to work but has gone downhill fast in the last 2-3 years, not a place to look for a long term job layoffs are a weekly thing, one here one there politics.
Pros
it is a job
Cons
no long term security
Low Employee Morale
Professional (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 24, 2016
The clinical staff is hard working and committed to mission. However, management disconnected from day to day operations. There is lack of organizational communication. Employee morale is very low due and continues to decline.
Pros
35 hour work week
Cons
No career growth, salary structure not defined and lack of leadership.
Great coworkers, hour lunch
Medical Biller/Coder (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 3, 2016
I worked with a great group of girls and the company is good to work for until a health crisis happens. A typical day is mostly posting charges and fixing front desk issues at the health centers.
Pros
Good pay, clean work environment, hour lunch
Cons
No room for advancement, short handed in the coding department
Non Profit Community Health Cneter
RI-Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 17, 2016
Day to Day Operations for a large medical clinic 8 providers,
I have been employed as the Director for 6 years, I learned that I can problem solve, work with a large team and successfully run a very busy clinic,
My management style if very fair, open door policy which I never find myself in the office, I typically am found sitting in the Medical clinic,
Co workers are a great team, I have wonderful providers (8) who work well together,
the most difficult part of the job is to attend meetings that we don't get things accomplished,
the most enjoyable part of the job is to see those familiar patients who we seen quite often, the children that come in and the job it self is very rewarding to me, I typically put in a 9 to 10 hour day because I enjoy going to work everyday,
Pros
Patient satisfaction, just knowing that the Providers at my clinic care and are devoted to the patients.
Cons
Location, we our situated in a low income (poverty)area, small building
Nice People
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 12, 2016
I loved my externship at the Providence Community Health Centers. The people were really nice and easy to work with. My days working there was cut way to short because it was only an externship but to this day I still miss it very much.
productive
medico assistant (Former Employee) –  Avon Park, FLNovember 28, 2015
It was a very good company people are very friendly and good helpers.it was fun the most important thing we had always something new to learn .
MEDICAL ASSISTANT/Translator (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 15, 2015
My tipical day was do vitals on every client, request blood work from different labs, and also schedule appts for the clients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Providence Community Health Centers, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

The Providence Community Health Centers, Inc. Reviews by Location