The Provident Bank of New Jersey Employee Reviews

Productive and pleasant atmosphere
Loan Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJSeptember 17, 2018
A typical day at Provident was consistently busy which made the day go by quick which alleviated unwarranted drama. Each day was filled with tasks that needed to be completed within timeframes with no time to deviate from the tasks.
great place
Teller/Platform (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJAugust 15, 2018
When I worked at Provident, everything was very pleasant. You knew all the customers by names and it was a friendly environment, You were able to transfer if you decided, hrs were fantastic.
Pros
flexible hrs, customer service was great
Cons
no cons.
Great place to work.
Loan Servicing Rep. II (Current Employee) –  Iselin, NJAugust 12, 2018
Great company and people care. I worked my was up within four years and should be getting a raise and promotion soon. I enjoy this job more than any other one.
Pros
A job
Cons
Weekends off
Very poor management.
Loan Administration Representative (Current Employee) –  Iselin, NJJuly 17, 2018
Poor communication and work flow. Not proactive, more reactive. Very little employee perks. Each employee also gets treated differently. Inappropriate language within the department also makes it uncomfortable to work.
Banking Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Somerville, NJJuly 10, 2018
I would recommend people to work at provident is a fun interesting place to work. They are always willing to teach and give the correct training to the employees
Good Benefits - Needs To Allow Employees To Work Remotely
ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT - BSA/AML SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJJune 2, 2018
The benefits were good, but Provident Bank needs to adopt a policy that allows employees who have no customer contact to work remotely. Suggestions were made repeatedly to Senior Management to adopt this in order to retain quality employees; however, Senior Management failed to make any determination.
Not bad
BA 5 (Current Employee) –  PAJune 1, 2018
Not a bad company to work for. More wiggle room to make decisions than your typical big bank. Still has standard industry issues however that is to be expected.
Pros
more room to be creative
Cons
bank job
good season work
Seasonal Teller I (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, NJMay 23, 2018
if you need a job to hold over on summer/ winter breaks from college this is a good job for you. entry level positions only need a high school diploma or GED.
Stressful place to work in
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJMay 10, 2018
Perfect Job while going to school. No opportunity for advancement but allows time to continue higher education and use the position as a jump-spring for others.
Provident Bank
Bank Associate I (Former Employee) –  NJMay 8, 2018
It's a nice place to work if you are in a higher up position. I believe that those in higher position have little to no regard of those below them. It's hard coming to a job from a entry level position. They like to say we don't push sales but it is an underlying theme and one begins to feel the pressure and side eye when they underperform. Coming from one kind of work culture to this is hard and frustrating when in the interview it was mentioned there would be "sales" it wasn't brought up as a big deal.
Pros
Benefits if you are a full time employee
Cons
Managers, Supervisor
very bad atmosphere
Teller (Former Employee) –  njMarch 30, 2018
if you want to be treated like dirt work here. clique management team that was impossible to approach and deal with. they use lies to sweep their behavior under the rug
Pros
Cons
no advancement and cut throat atmosphere
Provident Bank
Banking Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Green Brook, NJMarch 29, 2018
Great training program. Relaxed environment, slow branch. Great place to work as the sales culture isn't stressing. Provident isn't pushy and won't write you up for not making numbers like the heavyweight banks.
worked with great people
A+TEMP (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJFebruary 28, 2018
I was lucky to work with young caring people, job wasn't hard, pretty much did the same thing everyday, some work was time sensitive, medium pace office. Never had problems with management, they would talk and joke around,
Worked with other department very helpful if you didn't know the answer. Job was not hard. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with.
The place to work
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  West New York, NJFebruary 25, 2018
This was the first bank I work and loved if have go back I will work there again I learn everything about banking at this place I also made the best friend in this company very good benefit.
Productive workplace
Associate Lending Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  Iselin, NJFebruary 21, 2018
Management is fair. Company provides a work life balance. I am learning a lot at my time here with the company. Hardest part of my job is currently the monotonous repetitive day to day tasks.
A decent place to work
Bank Associate I (Former Employee) –  Bricktown, NJFebruary 14, 2018
This was a decent company to work for. I worked in the Shore Point branches which were VERY slow so we did a lot of talking and sitting around not doing much. It was kind of maddening because we had sales goals we had to meet monthly and that was very hard to do when only 15 people came into your branch a day and there are 2 other tellers.
Not bad but not great.
Banking Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJJanuary 18, 2018
I have always loved working for Provident Bank, but recently I feel over work and under paid. There is lots of lack of communication and I know I have a lot to offer.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
lack of communication
It's what you make of it
BANK TELLER SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 9, 2018
Low salary, with an obsessive amount of work. No promotions were given. Pay raises were every year but less than $0.40. I did above and beyond and no recognition.
its fun place to work
BCS (Current Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJDecember 18, 2017
Love my co workers, all paid holidays, they do lots of fun activity for their employees, good management dipped on the location you are. there is a development opportunity within orgenisation
Pros
Banking Hours
Cons
low Pay
Good work environment
Bank Associate (Current Employee) –  Dunellen, NJNovember 1, 2017
Good environment to work. The only limitation is that the bank exists only in two states and customers need banks with a more national or international presence.