The Provident Bank of New Jersey Employee Reviews in Jersey City, NJ

Fast paced competitive working culture.
Vice President, Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 4, 2017
Great learning ground with clear career path. Fast paced competitive working culture. Generous and supportive management. Met some wonderful people who became personal friends.
Pros
Clear career path.
Cons
Unending work day.
Depends on branch
Teller (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 16, 2017
different branches work differently. but not a bad company. good for young students who are still going to school...wouldnt make this a longterm career choice, even though you tend to get comfortable.
productve and fun workplace
AUTOMATION ENGINEER/ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 9, 2017
It is cool to work there. All the other employees are very friendly and easy going. Good place to work for anyone, it is a fun workplace. I liked it very much.
Its a job
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 19, 2016
Its a job not sure where it will take me or you, I come in to work do my job ask myslef why do I come here and will it get better. Supervisors talk down to customer and customer are always closeing account and management doesnt thinks they are at fault
Pros
You have a job
Cons
Where to start
banking and customer servce
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 31, 2015
Working at provident bank is fun, they train you and they are patient, they all work as a team and you will continue to learn things every day. meeting customers and providing them service is an every day taks.
Challening but educational
Bank Teller / Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 12, 2015
This particular branch is consistently busy and many different personalities are dealt with on a daily basis. I've learned to have more patience with people over all and how to sell products to consumers. I would say it has definitely been a challenge but I've realized that retail banking is not a field I wish to remain in.
Productive, family oriented company.
TREASURY ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJNovember 8, 2014
A productive fun pace of business to work. Big on leadership activities by giving back to communities. They partner with Habitat for Humanity and different organizations.
23 yrs
Bank Teller Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJFebruary 7, 2013
During my time at the Provident, I have learned to deal with all types of personalities, customers, management, & co workers. Some are very trying, some are a pleasure. A typical day is dealing with customers & focusing on their needs. Every day is almost a carbon copy of the day before. When I started this job 23 yrs ago I loved the people I worked with & serviced on a daily basis, & for the most part I still do. The last 4 yrs have been the hardest due to the implement of sales & the requirements set by the upper management. The job has become very stressful, due to the threat of termination if these requirements are not met.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
sales
Co-workers are what help you to get through the day.
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 29, 2012
A very stressful work environment with more focus on sales instead of customer service. It is very hard to advance and the management is not very hands on. My co-workers however are very cooperative and fun to work with.
Pros
flexibility with work schedule.
Cons
long days with no breaks, poor healthcare, low pay.
Very quiet enviroment
Junior Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 29, 2012
I learned more Bookeeping background with Provident Bank. The people I worked with in my department were very nice and helpful if I had any questions. I enjoyed my time while working there.
Great surroundings
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJ 07306February 15, 2012
Fun loving atmosphere, treated everyone fairly, advancement, breaks were long and work was steady
Pros
bonsuses
Cons
long hrs