The Provident Bank of New Jersey Culture reviews

Banking Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Somerville, NJJuly 10, 2018
I would recommend people to work at provident is a fun interesting place to work. They are always willing to teach and give the correct training to the employees
Provident Bank
Bank Associate I (Former Employee) –  NJMay 8, 2018
It's a nice place to work if you are in a higher up position. I believe that those in higher position have little to no regard of those below them. It's hard coming to a job from a entry level position. They like to say we don't push sales but it is an underlying theme and one begins to feel the pressure and side eye when they underperform. Coming from one kind of work culture to this is hard and frustrating when in the interview it was mentioned there would be "sales" it wasn't brought up as a big deal.
Pros
Benefits if you are a full time employee
Cons
Managers, Supervisor
Provident Bank
Banking Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Green Brook, NJMarch 29, 2018
Great training program. Relaxed environment, slow branch. Great place to work as the sales culture isn't stressing. Provident isn't pushy and won't write you up for not making numbers like the heavyweight banks.
Fast paced competitive working culture.
Vice President, Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 4, 2017
Great learning ground with clear career path. Fast paced competitive working culture. Generous and supportive management. Met some wonderful people who became personal friends.
Pros
Clear career path.
Cons
Unending work day.
Corporate Compliance Intern (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJSeptember 11, 2017
A typical day at the provident bank was a very fun and productive working environment with coworkers who were always willing to help when needed. Management is very fair and friendly, and they do their best to get the best out of you.
Favorite place Ive ever worked!
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ocean Township, njAugust 22, 2017
The culture and wirk environment were awesome. All of the employees got along and genuinely liked eachother and we all worked so well together. The job was consistent day to day.
Pros
Gained a lot of financial knowledge
Cons
Fast Paced and keeps you busy. fun to work
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Milltown, NJAugust 16, 2017
Typical day at work would be accepting deposits, withdrawals, counting my drawer money.

I learned how to communicate with the customer. Build customer's trust with the bank.

Every part of the job was enjoyable. The coworkers were very friendly.
okay environment
Bank Associate (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 23, 2017
few days is slow . supervisors are not the most understanding people . hardest part of the job is trying to find a difference , system is really old . the most enjoyable is my coworkers
Good staff
Manager (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJApril 24, 2017
The majority of management and staff persons worked very well together. The CEO of the organization was very involved with the staff members and staff members worked very well together.
Great workplace limited position
Cluster Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ocean Grove, NJMarch 28, 2017
Provident Bank was a great work place to work. Friendly atmosphere by Knowing the customers by their name. Sales can be a challenge. The team worked together to get the daily task done. Followed guidelines and procedures
productve and fun workplace
AUTOMATION ENGINEER/ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 9, 2017
It is cool to work there. All the other employees are very friendly and easy going. Good place to work for anyone, it is a fun workplace. I liked it very much.
Typical Corporate Office Lifestyle
Banking Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  NJNovember 18, 2016
At Provident Bank, I had the chance to learn learn from my upper management on way to handle all types of personalities, customers, management, departments and co-workers. Which in some cases were very challenging at times, however, most were also smooth.

The normal day at Provident consists of focusing on customers and their needs, meeting sales goal, coaching the team, reports, excel spreadsheets for branch goals, networking, ordering supplies.
Pros
Incentives, 401k, Benefits
Cons
Sales Goals
great bank
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJ 07960August 10, 2016
Provident bank great place to work. Friendly staff and great products. The downside is trying to get your monthly referrals.
Loved the fast pace, competitive environment!
Contact Center Telephone Agent (Current Employee) –  Iselin, NJJuly 3, 2015
Loved the fast pace, competitive environment! Although I can work by myself if the need arises, I always enjoyed being part of a team.
Cons
Distance
customer service
Teller/Platform (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 8, 2015
a typical day at work open branch count vault turn of Alarms .I learn how to work with Customers in a fast Environment. the most enjoyable part of the job was working with my code workers.
banking and customer servce
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 31, 2015
Working at provident bank is fun, they train you and they are patient, they all work as a team and you will continue to learn things every day. meeting customers and providing them service is an every day taks.
Energetic work enviorment
Teller Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pt Pleasant, NJDecember 5, 2014
The Provident Bank is a great place to work. I learned how to set goals i.e. professional and personal and how to successfully accomplish them. Energetic work environment, everyone works well together.
Loved this place!!!
Teller (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJNovember 19, 2014
Loved everything about this place. My co-workers were great.
Great work vibe
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, NJJuly 31, 2014
I enjoyed working with my co-workers and lovely and sweet guest never had an issue.
Fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, NJMay 13, 2014
Fun workplace and i learned a lot about banking. Great management and workers.