The Provident Bank of New Jersey Management reviews

Very poor management.
Loan Administration Representative (Current Employee) –  Iselin, NJJuly 17, 2018
Poor communication and work flow. Not proactive, more reactive. Very little employee perks. Each employee also gets treated differently. Inappropriate language within the department also makes it uncomfortable to work.
Good Benefits - Needs To Allow Employees To Work Remotely
ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT - BSA/AML SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJJune 2, 2018
The benefits were good, but Provident Bank needs to adopt a policy that allows employees who have no customer contact to work remotely. Suggestions were made repeatedly to Senior Management to adopt this in order to retain quality employees; however, Senior Management failed to make any determination.
very bad atmosphere
Teller (Former Employee) –  njMarch 30, 2018
if you want to be treated like dirt work here. clique management team that was impossible to approach and deal with. they use lies to sweep their behavior under the rug
Pros
Cons
no advancement and cut throat atmosphere
worked with great people
A+TEMP (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJFebruary 28, 2018
I was lucky to work with young caring people, job wasn't hard, pretty much did the same thing everyday, some work was time sensitive, medium pace office. Never had problems with management, they would talk and joke around,
Worked with other department very helpful if you didn't know the answer. Job was not hard. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with.
Productive workplace
Associate Lending Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  Iselin, NJFebruary 21, 2018
Management is fair. Company provides a work life balance. I am learning a lot at my time here with the company. Hardest part of my job is currently the monotonous repetitive day to day tasks.
its fun place to work
BCS (Current Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJDecember 18, 2017
Love my co workers, all paid holidays, they do lots of fun activity for their employees, good management dipped on the location you are. there is a development opportunity within orgenisation
Pros
Banking Hours
Cons
low Pay
Fast paced competitive working culture.
Vice President, Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 4, 2017
Great learning ground with clear career path. Fast paced competitive working culture. Generous and supportive management. Met some wonderful people who became personal friends.
Pros
Clear career path.
Cons
Unending work day.
Corporate Compliance Intern (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJSeptember 11, 2017
A typical day at the provident bank was a very fun and productive working environment with coworkers who were always willing to help when needed. Management is very fair and friendly, and they do their best to get the best out of you.
Productive and pleasant place to work
Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 9, 2017
My typical day at work would include assisting and providing regulatory guidance, attending various meeting regarding regulatory changes, implementation of new services and products, reviewing procedures and policies for accuracy, and researching various regulations for interpretation. Management pretty much has an open door policy and encourages/invites open dialogue with any issues that may arise.
very very very bad... ashamed that i wasted my time working there
Service representstive (Current Employee) –  Iselin, NJMay 3, 2017
The job environment was beyond bad. HR is very weak and the language that being used at work wouldn't be even used in a work place. i am ashamed that i worked for this company. its like high school with bulling and bad language and insult.
Good staff
Manager (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJApril 24, 2017
The majority of management and staff persons worked very well together. The CEO of the organization was very involved with the staff members and staff members worked very well together.
Sales
Teller II (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 15, 2017
All they want you to do is sell sell sell!!!!! They treat you like a child. They have huddles everyday,coaching every month on sales only. They want you to have a action plan for the week on how you are going to get sales. You have to make 10 calls a day plus once a month a call night with 20 names to call. They listen in on your calls. Management doesn't have to do any selling. You have to reach your goals every month. If you don't they want answers. Banking has really gotten bad. I've worked here for 15 years and I am so stressed out. This job is going to kill me!!!!! Whatever happen to tellers just being tellers and waiting on customers. Instead we scare them away with sales. They also want you to look into all of the customers accounts and look at all of their transactions whether it be checks they wrote or their use of their debit card.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Sales
Enjoyed my time with this employer
Banking Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJDecember 26, 2016
I sharpened my management skills at Provident Bank. I wore many hats during a typical day. Many days I was a teller as well as filling in for the branch manager. It was absolutely a good learning experience.
Pros
Great branch manager that I reported to
Typical Corporate Office Lifestyle
Banking Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  NJNovember 18, 2016
At Provident Bank, I had the chance to learn learn from my upper management on way to handle all types of personalities, customers, management, departments and co-workers. Which in some cases were very challenging at times, however, most were also smooth.

The normal day at Provident consists of focusing on customers and their needs, meeting sales goal, coaching the team, reports, excel spreadsheets for branch goals, networking, ordering supplies.
Pros
Incentives, 401k, Benefits
Cons
Sales Goals
Its a job
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 19, 2016
Its a job not sure where it will take me or you, I come in to work do my job ask myslef why do I come here and will it get better. Supervisors talk down to customer and customer are always closeing account and management doesnt thinks they are at fault
Pros
You have a job
Cons
Where to start
Provident Bank
Teller Platform (Former Employee) –  South River, NJJanuary 28, 2016
It was hard to become structured when we switched managers every 3 months. There was no real balance. Besides Management issues working for Provident was a great experience, it opened doors for me in different professions.
Comfortable enviroment
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Old Bridge N.JApril 9, 2015
The best company to work for. They are flexable with business and personal life. Provident care about their employees.
Pros
Excellent Management
Cons
Na
I will not recomend this organization.
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield Center / Brookdale office.March 13, 2015
This entire company is not working and do not know how to work on the same page.This company is the devils playground.Management pretends they see,hear no evil.
Not good to branch employees
Teller (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge NJJanuary 11, 2015
Saw a lot of good hard working people lose their jobs because all the bank cares about is meeting sales goals Even though people try their hardest that was never good enough I will never ever associate with that bank or recommend it to anyone who wants job security Management in branches are great but upper management are another story Heartless and do not care about their employees But are scared of the ones who threaten them with lawsuits
Pros
Co - workers nice to work with
Cons
everything else
Productive and easy going place
Telephone Agent (Current Employee) –  Iselin, NJJuly 16, 2014
Enjoy being able to assisting customers. Management is very good. They are always willing to listen to change and ideals