The Provident Bank of New Jersey Employee Review

View all The Provident Bank of New Jersey reviews

23 yrs
Bank Teller Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJFebruary 7, 2013
During my time at the Provident, I have learned to deal with all types of personalities, customers, management, & co workers. Some are very trying, some are a pleasure. A typical day is dealing with customers & focusing on their needs. Every day is almost a carbon copy of the day before. When I started this job 23 yrs ago I loved the people I worked with & serviced on a daily basis, & for the most part I still do. The last 4 yrs have been the hardest due to the implement of sales & the requirements set by the upper management. The job has become very stressful, due to the threat of termination if these requirements are not met.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
sales

Other The Provident Bank of New Jersey Employee Reviews

Great customers
Banking Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Middlesex County, NJDecember 22, 2018
Its a good place to work as long as your manager works with you and not against you. Management is always one sided. If they like you, you are ok, if not they look for anything to write you up to get rid of good people that work really hard. Customers are great. They will joke with you and some become like family to you.
The hardest part is pleasing upper management with numbers and sales goals(to make incentive). Had coaching every month on behaviors for goals. Phone calls everyday to customers to offer other products and services. Most enjoyable part of the job was the staff and how we worked together and made good friends from most.
Try not to complain about others to higher ups. It gets held against you in the long run. Make sure you document everything that goes on and keep it home to have for another time if you need it.
Pros
benefits, Pto
Cons
management oneside.
Productive and pleasant atmosphere
Loan Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJSeptember 17, 2018
A typical day at Provident was consistently busy which made the day go by quick which alleviated unwarranted drama. Each day was filled with tasks that needed to be completed within timeframes with no time to deviate from the tasks.