The Quikrete Companies Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Overall great place to grow with
Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 26, 2018
Every position has pros and cons...even if you're a business owner. Flexibility, communication, debates...that's what I enjoy about working for Quikrete. I feel the pressure of providing solid customer service when not everything is how I wish it to be and then I see my co-workers doing their best also. I think it's a great place to work and I appreciate the efforts I see my team and my co-workers put forth each and every day.
Pros
Atmosphere, team effort
Cons
Need more teamwork between plants
It was o.k.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXApril 28, 2018
They didn't know what whey were doing for orders for customers. We had to wait a long time at then place when we were delivering to the stores.Some of the people at work didn't come in on time and did do all the orders.
Job is OK.
Customer Service and AR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lackawanna, NYFebruary 18, 2018
Spent a lot of time trying to improve basic forms and Sales Dept. to Customer Service relations. Handle many EXTRA duties for my position and always willing to take on more, but no change in title or additional compensation. Still referred to as a 'Billing Clerk', with management knowing I do so much more. Petty co-workers, filthy work environment and lack of communication
Not good.
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Comstock Park, MIFebruary 16, 2018
The location I worked at had junk equipment (trucks, trailers).
Very unsafe.
Junk facility.
It was alright to fill in the gap of employment, but I would never make a career out of it.
Fun group to work with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sussex, WIDecember 28, 2017
I loved my job and would not have left if it wasn't for the expensive health insurance and not so great wage.
Management was awesome and willing to work with you if you had appointments to leave early for.
Was not even through my probationary period and they paid me for funeral leave even though they didn't have to since benefits were not in effect yet.
Pros
Small office but very friendly and easy to work with
Cons
pay could have been a little better
Productive and close knit group for the size of the company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTSeptember 24, 2017
My 10 years with the company has been good. Great at times. I have not had a day in which I didn't want to go to work. While this company continues to grow, my opportunity for growth or advancement has come to an end.
Cons
No opportunity for advancement
Long days for min pay
Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 20, 2017
Old crew in office that shows favoritism to older drivers. Meaning you will get off later & get paid less because the ideal loads are not evenly distributed between drivers.
I would never recommend this job to anyone!!!
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Elburn, ILJune 15, 2017
They make the job sound nice and easy but when you actually start working it's the exact opposite. Management is never around let alone able to help you. For the first year you have to do the grunt work with no options for advancement unless someone quits or gets fired. Plus your more than likely going to be harassed by someone there. You'd be better off working somewhere else.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
No supervision, teach yourself everything, no acknowledgement of a good job only negative feedback
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Picayune, MSMay 17, 2017
Working on the concrete packer everyday from it being clogged up.
Working on the assembly line.
Working on the scales for different pounds for different bags.
Working on robot everyday.
Hand stacking the sand pallets.
Forklift driving and stacking pallets in warehouse.
worst experince of my working career
distpatch (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ORMay 16, 2017
Worst experience of my working career.lasted 45 days in that time office assistant quit 2nd day no replacement plant manager was let go 2nd week. Low morale, very dirty, constant plant breakdowns. High turnover, low pay, long hours.This is just the short list. Way to much to mention here.
Pros
Cons
long hours, poor management, run on the cheap

Want to know more about The Quikrete Companies?

Ask a question
Great Owners, Great Culture - Employees are taken care of!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 9, 2017
Superb Company and highly respected amongst competitors and other brands. Management always took the time to get to know their employees and customers.
Good Place to work
Accounts Receivable, Billing and Sales (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAMay 4, 2017
Great place to work if you don't mind dust and layoffs. Great about letting off and making up time without using vacation or sick time. Good Pay. Insurance not great.
Pros
pay
Cons
layoffs
Enjoyable work with retail and commercial sales.
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montana and WyomingMay 4, 2017
I enjoyed hands on merchandising in retail locations, training of associates and DIY customers, along with creating interactive displays. The commercial side of the business, selling to masons and to the mining industry, was very satisfying work.
good job
driver (Former Employee) –  Wauregan, CTApril 29, 2017
company is good place to work I drove truck for them to local company's, servicing the account with delivery of products and local jobsites was good as was seasonal as my own business
Pros
seasonal at right time for my business
stressful work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, NHMarch 7, 2017
This was a great job after finishing college and it got my foot in the door with some experience. The only issue I had was poor upper management and lack of communication.
Run for your life. Horrible company.
Plant manager (Former Employee) –  FLFebruary 9, 2017
This company is concerned with nothing but profits. The Winchesters put out nearly zero money into equipment, facilities, training or hiring/retaining quality employees. The pay is low compared to industry standards. Dirty. Unsafe.

The regional manager in Florida is racist and elitist, despises southern people, very mean and abrupt with female employees. Promise raises they never give, and JI has run off more great, competent plant managers than I can count.

Worn out, old and outdated equipment, yet expects employees to generate excessive amounts of product with it. Unreal stress put on employees, managers. Impossible situation

Company is broken from the top down. The only people happy to work there are the owners who do nothing but extract profits and invest nearly nothing back into it.

Very, very high manager turn-over rate for a reason. Truly smart people leave this company.

The real shame is, this company could actually afford to do things right, with excellent equipment and thorough training and safety. But it would take a team of consultants to come in and restructure from beneath the owners down.
Pros
Employment
Cons
Horribly managed top down. A train wreck.
Good out doors job to have
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MDJanuary 22, 2017
Good job to meet all different types of people and go to different job sites on a daily bases but some places traffic was a nightmare. When you get to the job site or store that you are delivering to 99% of your contacts made you forget about the rough trip over. Which changed your attitude for the better.
It was good place to work
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Marcellus, NYDecember 2, 2016
In a day I would enter orders in to the computer. Schedule the drivers and the deliveries. Order items needed to fill the orders. Receive in the items needed for production.

I learned how to evenly load an 18 wheeler flat bed trailer.

Management was changing all the time it was hard to keep up with the changes each one wanted to do.

I liked most of my co-workers well really all but one person.

The hardest part was learning all the new things each manager wanted to implement.

The enjoyable part of the job was the people I met.
Pros
The people I met.
Cons
All the new management policies.
Forklift Operator/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 15, 2016
This was a very high pace production place. As a supervisor I broke a lot of records on our production lines with the help or our employees. And had fun in doing so,
Demanding and relentless
Plant Manger (Former Employee) –  NYAugust 15, 2016
Dirty business that runs profitably on very tight margins. Capital is scarce.

Low wages and poor benefits keep the plants from being more automated.

Safety improvements are only driven by regulatory action - If OSHA is not knocking on your door, then compliance is not encouraged, unless it is free. Management refused to support any safety recognition programs.

Verbal policy is to turn hourly people within 5 years to avoid silicosis liability and prevent total vesting in 401K.

Managers are often promoted or terminated for no discernible reason.

Salesmen determine policies, operations folks must comply. Specifically, the sales people often price below cost to meet their gross sales quota; operations then has the task of squeezing a profit from the loss.

Micromanagement has the CEO signing every check for every bill - even a $50 check to renew a truck registration - so that creditors are often calling to complain.

In general, an unpleasant environment. It is a job if you have no other options or love the dusting of cement on your car every day.
Pros
Recession proof business
Cons
Long hours and poor benefits, regulatory concerns

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Quikrete Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

The Quikrete Companies Reviews by Location