The Rawlings Group

The Rawlings Group Employee Reviews

Good "family supporting career" after the first 2 yrs. But not good upper management
The Rawlings Company does provide a decent salary, but like sales jobs, it will take a good 3 solid years to earn a decent pay with commission and bonuses, If you are in the financial position to wait 3 yrs for good pay.
Upper management is horrible. No consideration for human beings underneath them. They make mid management do all of their nasty stuff and treat employees terrible. If you have kids, this is not a job for you. If you are single, and no life than this is perfect.

If you are 5 mins early, they consider you to be late. If you get there an hour early and start working, you are reprimanded for leaving 3 min early.

Micromanaging is a huge problem there. Office Space type feeling. But hey, at least your paycheck is good, but my kids are suffering because I never make it in time.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Bad management, unfair favoritism
Good company
Excellent pay and good co-workers. The location can be challenging for Louisville residents, however, if you do not mind the commute you should be fine.
Team leads are not honest.
Team leads are not honest or consistent. Nothing wrong with improvement of computer processes, but no consistency in training those changes, they just verbalize it and you hope you are not at lunch when they do.
Pit-Stop
Good place to make money for a few months. Not a place to search for a career. If you’re self absorbed and don’t care about how employees are treated then it would be a good fit for you. Would also be a good place to work if you were deaf and have a cold heart. If you don’t mind watching middle and upper management benefit from your hard work this is the place for you
Pros
Going home
These people are two faced
They called me to HR to fire me and had went through my stuff while doing so. When I opened the door to leave all my stuff was sitting outside and I was escorted out the back door like garbage. They also took out my reviews, progress notes, emails all that said I was improving. tried to call about my paperwork and they won't return my call.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Micromanagement to the extreme, bullying atmosphere
You can make decent money here depending upon the department. However, you are put under a microscope, must follow The Rawlings Way, & are threatened with being fired on a daily basis. It's one of the most toxic work environments I've ever experienced. If you are offered a job here, RUN the other way.
Worst environment
Worst place to work, management is awful, benefit are bad, work environment is stressful, demeaning, sexist. I do not recommend this place as a healthy place.
Run
very stressful and demanding job. If you are hired on a bilingual Analyst you get paid almost 3k more a year but do twice the work and you get to do other people’s job as well not worth it the stress
Stressful and micro managed
Micro management is a huge part of this company. The team leads are not chosen by who is the most qualified but who is a yes man and won't ask questions. The team leads are not held to the same standards as the rest of the team, a lot of do as I say not as I do. Upper management will ask for suggestions then use them against you. The expectations forced are not reasonable and are only achievable if you come in early, stay late,or work weekends. This is not a place for those with a family or a life outside of work. There is little to no opportunities to advance. If you take time off you have to make up the work. They expect a certain amount of calls to be made every month, if you take a planned week vacation you, you are expected to make up those calls through out the month.
productive and fun place to work at.
great place to work. bonus that are given vary. it all depends on if you have good clients or not and how fast you can work through the audits you get every day. great place to work.
Pros
salary
Cons
distance
Great Company to work for
Mr. Rawlings is a great employer. I thought the training was excellent! Co-workers friendly and helpful. Upper management very knowledgeable and willing to work with you. With bonuses you received on top of you based salary with hard work you could make as much as you want.
Culture of Punishment
The best way not to fall behind is to use vacation, come in early and stay late, or come in on the weekends to meet the ridiculous demands of yes man management. Everyone was afraid to speak their minds because of subtle retaliation. The money was good at one point but now not so much. Not good work/life balance as it can feel like punishment for taking off. Management is awful. The way the workload is doled out makes it so that some people can make decent money while other people will be picking at crumbs... BEWARE!
Pros
On site coffee made to buy
Cons
Structure, Management
Diversity needed
Rawlings is not diverse enough. Rawlings managers are friends with certain employees and they promote within those friendships. The pay is excellent and there is room for improvement with the distribution of work. The managers tend to be loud and rude at times. Thanks
Pros
Pay
Cons
Diversity
Great Pay but management is micro
The Rawlings Group provides great benefits for retirement, health, etc. The pay is very good as well for those who work hard. Process controls are rarely automated and operations is archaic relative to industry standards.
Poorly mismanaged to the point where it's absurd and even ridiculous
If the Rawlings Group were a basketball team, they would fire Michael Jordan for averaging 3 turnovers and 3 fouls per game; because they're so dumb that they wouldn't even realize he's also averaging 30 points, 6 rebounds, and 5 assists.

This company only focuses on the negative; especially, if you're a good worker, because they aren't aware of work that hasn't been done to the point where they can track it and pick it apart to find an arbitrary mistake, or even something subjective that you "should have done" instead, because it's the "way" of doing things according to their discretion. Infact, if you just pretend to work and don't actually accomplish much of anything, except for going through the motions and looking busy, then you would probably be fine and under their radar.

Also, if you're a good worker, once you build a decent amount of files that are about to start cashing in, they'll fire you and steal all your files.
Pros
Cons
Too many to name
Hostile work place
Hostile managers focus on negative to make themselves look good. Caqh dept terrible place to work. EMPLOYESS given worst work to do and lied to by supervisors saying work will get better. Management acts like they care about you and how they want you to succeed when all they care about is looking good from a productivity standpoint.Terrible worklife family balance. Don't leave parking lot until 5.30. No maternity paid leave.Employees are afraid of getting fired because they can't meet unrealistic goals
Pros
Free donuts sometimes, corn hole and kickball tournaments with food trucks that provide overpriced food.
Cons
Employees always being told not meeting company expectations and managers belittle employees.
Provides great coffee and team building activities
The Rawlings group is a great place for self motivated associates with a desire to grow in skills and experience. Great team building to overcome low morale positions.
Work life balance
Work life balance at Rawlings was good for Subrogation Analyst positions, but not Management positions; Management positions (PS Senior Manager) required 60 - 75 hour work weeks.
Pros
On site free gym
Cons
High employee contribution costs to healthcare plan
Not recommended at all
I would not recommend anyone to work here.This is the absolute worst place I've ever worked. They are not honest, there is no work life balance. The turnover being above 60% speaks for itself. If you aren't ready to quit, no worries they will just fire you to make room for the fresh meat , the new class of new hires that are too new and naive to know what the company is all about yet.
Work hard and reap the rewards
The Rawlings Group was created from a Law Firm. Of course it is going to be very business like. We work to take care of our customers and we value customer service as the #1 priority for this company. When you are hired you are expected to do your job. No one is tied to their chair however if you are not working you are not recovering for our clients and you are not getting paid the potentially high salaries you can make at Rawlings. Everyone has something to say and whine about. However, I believe that most of the individuals using this platform for negativity are those that didn't make it at Rawlings for good reasons. If they were doing their work and finding fault with everything then of course they are negative and feel that by writing nasty things about Rawlings somehow makes them feel better. The Company is not for everyone but if you want to make good money and work hard....... come to Rawlings!!!!
Pros
Location away from Downtown, salary, co-workers....
Cons
Parking
Poor work environment
Poor environment, little room for opportunity for advancement, unclear management style and direction, little in the way of work life. Employees were unfriendly
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Rawlings Group. Our community is ready to answer.
2.4
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
3.0Career Opportunities
2.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
The Rawlings Group Reviews by Location