The Recovery Village Employee Reviews

Lacks balance and policy
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Umatilla, FLSeptember 20, 2018
Good detox program idea, poorly managed. Poor employee benefits. The place is old and dirty. Staff conflicts are numerous. The training process is poorly done. Management crosses boundaries. Promotes their friends. Very inappropriate interaction with the clients as well.
Pros
Good idea with detox protocols
Cons
Poorly run, poor benefits
Laid back atmosphere
Cook (Current Employee) –  Palmer Lake, COFebruary 27, 2018
Good place to work, kitchen is well stocked with equipment. One of the best kitchens I've worked in. The chef is easy going as long as the prep gets done and meals are served on time.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No room for growth
Fast paced and good pay
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Umatilla, FLFebruary 16, 2018
I have been with The Recovery Village since it has opened. I have seen all the changes and been through all the bumps in the road with this facility. From being privately owned to being bought out by a corporation. There is always going to be issues with staffing in this industry as people get burnt out easily. I love what I do here and even I have my days were I can't stand being an employee here, but they are not often. The company is very demading at times but they do listen when we have complaints and we all try to come up with a reasonable solution. The work can be exhuasting but it has the best payoff of any job I have ever had. To see clients come back and still mantaining their sobriety and knowing I had something to do with saving that patients life is beyond describable. The hardest part of this job is not the expectations of management it is by far receiving the dreaded call that someone lost their battle with this evil disease.
Pros
good pay, helping save lives, working as a team
Cons
high demands
Patient care and safety with a team approach
Executive Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Umatilla, FLJanuary 31, 2018
Having the opportunity to work for a company that puts patient care and safety first and provides a supportive team approach environment is a blessing.
Not a good place to work
Primary Therapist (Current Employee) –  Palmer Lake, COJanuary 14, 2018
Not paid well. Corporate does not seem to care about their employees. Toxic work environment. Focused on numbers rather on recovery. Still no 401K benefits
unorganized, lack of compasion
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Umatilla, FLDecember 31, 2017
Very unorganized team and management. Always short staffed, no positive reinforcement for clients or workers. Owner/ upper management could care less.
Pros
helping others
Cons
company
Great Supervisor and Clinical team
Therapist and Yoga Teacher (Current Employee) –  Umatilla, FLNovember 6, 2017
Being ready for anything from the clients is balanced out by knowing exactly what to expect from the leadership.
I learned how to navigate balancing work and life, EMR systems, proper documentation, DCF and JCHAO standards, CE Credits via My Learning Pointe and much much more. The hardest part of the job is navigating interventions with severely resistant clients. The most rewarding part of the job is celebrating their long term recovery at the yearly Alumni Event and working with them throughout the entire process.
Pros
Supportive environment, Salary
Cons
Long Drive from metro areas, Fast pace
Enjoyed working at The Recovery Village.
Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Umatilla, FLOctober 1, 2017
Wonderful place to work. Met with staff directors daily to review admissions and discharge treatment plans. Met with all new patients admitted in the time I was home to make sure their needs were being met. Reviewed any incidents that had occurred and maintained log of Incident Reports. Monitored medication orders. Met with any patients that had concerns reported in grievances. Began as Director of Nursing and assumed other roles as departments were consolidated. Also met with each provider daily to discuss patient needs and current treatment. Hardest part of the job was the amount of reports that were required as new roles were assumed and positions eliminated after Wall Street investment firm became part of the ownership.
Pros
Fantastic, dedicated staff. Patient progress.
Cons
No breaks. Staff reduction.
poor management
Clinician/Therapist (Former Employee) –  Umatilla, FL 32784August 28, 2017
Poor management, poor treatment of clients, and employees. No one is valued at TRV! No time to see the clients unless you work on lunch as well as; before and after hours. Staff are back stabbing each other as well as; arguing with one another!
Pros
Cons
health care, staff, management, time off, time to get the work completed are all cons!
Small company gone corporate
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Umatilla, FLApril 15, 2017
The original Village was a wonderful place to work until the owner sold the company to corporate giant Goldman-Sachs. At that point this other level of corporate managers came in and took over.
Excellent Clinical Team
Licensed Evening Clinical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Umatilla, FL 32784January 28, 2017
Proactive COO and Clinical Director. Detox Section is well run and Client's well-being is first priority. Nursing and BHT Staff members are well trained and meet Client's need in a timely manor.
Pros
Well educated Team.
Cons
Poor management and work/life balance
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Umatilla, FLSeptember 18, 2016
This company pays bette than other mental health companies here in orlando but the management only cares about making money. The turnover rate is awful and the management would rather spend money on hiring and training new counselors than on helping the current counselors find a better work life balance. I worked 10-12 hours daily for months until i wasn't able to continue going at that rate. I was initially told that my client rate would be approximately 9-10 clients. I had 11-13 consistently with HR and clinical director continually assuring me that they are hiring more counselors. I wasn't alone in this situation. Other counselors were exhausted and most counselors quit after a few months. Now counselors don't even have their own offices. Counselors are breaking down all the time and trying to meet the quota that they set so they can get payout from the insurance companies. Its no longer ethical to work there.
Pros
a margin of better pay
Cons
poor management, poor work/life balance, poor ethics
overall experience executive chef
Executive Chef / Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Umatilla, FLApril 11, 2016
lots to be said , low pay high requirement's the place and facility in general is not bad but the upper management doesn't know what they want, you are constantly changing what you do on a daily bases. if you are a chef you will not be able to fully utilize your talent they have a unrealistic budget trying to feed 300 people a day at a 1.25 a meal. which included all dry goods and supplies in that price. plus they want you to give clients what they want. as far as staff they expect you to work 80hr a week with only 2 cooks in the morning and 2 at night. if you choose to work hear make sure you get paid hourly you will make more money that way.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
low pay
Things to learn
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Palmer Lake, COAugust 12, 2015
It is a newer facility that is for those who happen to have issues with substance abuse. Everyone that is involved with the residents does their best to provide the best care that they can while making sure that everyone is safe.
Walk on egg shells...Daily Drama
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Umatilla, FLSeptember 22, 2014
No such thing as typical rules change depending on which way the wind blows. I learned that most important thing is money not client care. Management clueless never have time to assist clients or staff. Co-workers all feel the same. Small town lack of work keeps us quiet out of fear because past employees have been fired for speaking what's on their mind. Hardest part of my job is being in a field of caring for people that come for help and then told not to care not to hold a hand allow them to cry on your shoulder hug give a hug. Just make sure you charge them take/collect the money. The best of my job are the clients succeed or relapse they love me they know I am straight forward. I'm there for them...
Pros
None at this time would
Cons
To many