The Reliable Automatic Sprinkler Co., Inc.

The Reliable Automatic Sprinkler Co., Inc. Employee Reviews

Productive and very frienly
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYJuly 11, 2018
Wonderful place to work ,Great management, no complaints at all .
I had to relocate, if not I would still be there today .
I hope to find a similar job .
Pros
the best management
Cons
awful management and HR leave employees stranded
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Liberty, SCMay 24, 2018
Management as well as lower level employees can easily be sucked into office politics. Management doesn't even do formal or semi-regular reviews but feels they can approach you out of nowhere and blast you for things you didn't do without reason.

HR is spineless and will not help you in the event you have a problem with your manager and or team. They turn the other shoulder while teams management sandbag and lay blame to workers.

Technology and practices are highly outdated and management refuses to migrate to newer and better methods.

They wonder why they have high turnover? Treat your employees with a shred of decency and ask how they are doing and don't turn people away when they try to communicate. Or pitch new ideas.

I strongly advise anyone who likes to have structure in their work life, regular communication and a promising future against working here.
Pros
reasonable work hours
Cons
health plan, management, human resources, politics
Avoid!
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Liberty, SCApril 19, 2018
Basically this place is one big game. If you play the game and win, you'll be fine. But let me tell you it's a hard game to win. Pay for highly skilled labor is low, raises were pennies (if you worked hard....somebody lazy in your dept might have got $.01 less than you), and just a very political environment. You'll hear "big changes are coming" which creates hostility between workers because everybody starts trying to outdo one another trying to get some promotion that doesn't exist. If you get on an off shift, don't count on ever getting off of it. They will skip seniority and let somebody else go to first. And if you want to go to the first shift you'll need alot of lube. People on 2nd shift were just downright hateful, and communication is also non existent. The ONLY thing I liked about this place was the insurance.
Pros
Insurance
Good job with great pay
Production Welder (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 17, 2018
If you are not afraid of work and want great pay as a production (MIG) welder, this the place to work. Fabrication manager is a fair, honest man concerned about the safety of his men and is one that can work at any job on the production floor and has a lot of experience with the product. Much of the safety equipment is provided plus other tools. Many workers have been here for several years and are all good guys. I learned a lot about pipe and outlet welding which is different from any other welding I have done in the past. Hardest thing for me to learn was welding outlets to schedule 7 pipe. To succeed at this company come to work on time every day, have a good attitude, show respect to those you work with, and do your job.
Pros
Miller welders, good pay, safe work environment. Great benifits and time off policy.
Cons
It can get chilly in the facility at night during the winter from time to time.
Horrible management. Zero training
Technician (Former Employee) –  Liberty, SCJanuary 11, 2018
I don’t even think management knew what the product was we were producing. They expect you to come in off the street already knowing how to do the job. They ask technicians to have a degree and pay them like high school drop outs!!
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, poor management, minimum wage pay, I could go on and on. Run!! Don’t walk away from this place!!
good company
Material Handler/Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJuly 30, 2017
This was a regular monday through friday job. A typical warehouse picker position that required you to pick orders, shipping and receiving freight and stowing them in their designated places. The Management team were awesome and friendly as well.
Terrible work place
Assembler/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Liberty, SCJune 4, 2017
They are very unorganized. You come in not knowing what you are going to be doing for the day. Some supervisors are rude and hypocrites. Workers there are lazy and complains non stop. They ask you to wok overtime at last min. They let the elderly people do whatever they want and that leads to the young folks to do all the work. Safety regulations are not being followed.
Great environment for entering into the pipe fabrication industry.
Regional Class A Commercial Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 7, 2017
Start Early and work till the job is done.Learned to drive commercial class vehicles. Management is experienced and respectable. very physically demanding job that is dependent on self motivated and reliable workforce.
Pros
Positive humor.
Cons
Hard heavy work.
Stable
QA Inspector (Former Employee) –  Liberty, SCMarch 6, 2017
I worked for the company for over 11 years. They are a company based out of New York. They are a family owned company. I feel very neutral about this company.
Pros
Stable
Cons
Insurance is not great
great place to grow old
International Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJanuary 9, 2017
they are a family oriented company many whom are there have been there for decades they offer great benefits the office environment is welcoming and clean they maintain great accountability of personel always meet new faces with truckers on the shipping side and you get to speak to people all over the country and value the work all around the world
Pros
on themove
Cons
short breaks
The company is willing to train
Pipe Cutter (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 6, 2016
Great company to work for. Once you get hired, you get good benefits, you even get a free day of pay on your birthday! (and of course, great holiday pay).
Very good company with smart and nice managment
CNC Set Up and Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYOctober 19, 2015
I learned lot about CNC production machines called "Porta"
and production line of the sprinklers (setup and fixed).
Company moved to South Carolina in 2006..
Great company. Great benefits. Fun and friendly. Always willing to work with you. Fair company.
Secretary to the Western Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Brea, CaJune 10, 2015
Great place to work and a great company to work for. The owners and all of the bosses are great. Family like company. Always willing to work with an employee.
Pros
Great company.
Cons
Reliable Sprinkler Company offers the fire protection industry incomparable services and products.
Director, End-User Sales (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYFebruary 27, 2014
My mission for Reliable was to identify new market opportunities that included the Professional Engineering and Architectural firms as well as End-Users. Previous to my employment, Reliable's main market focus was the installation contractors of their systems and equipment. I traveled nationally and internationally in order to meet my goals.

Although I had worked for competitive manufacturers, I learned a great deal about the organization's dedication to quality and how they achieved their reputation for producing equipment that met and exceeded industry standards.

The company is 4th generation family-owned and operated having exceptional vision in all areas of management. My co-workers were very fine individuals, each who subscribed to the organization's ethics. There were no truly difficult parts of my job and I enjoyed immensely working for Reliable and promoting their enviable business position in many vertical markets.
Pros
Working for a stellar organization that consistently met and exceeded their goals.
Cons
There were no cons about working for Reliable.
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYMay 21, 2012
Good place to work - nice manufacturing environment - learned a lot about different cultures - good management - co-workers nice and helpful - not a lot of growth (flat organization) and they moved to South Carolina - working with my customers.
Pros
great work atmosphere
Cons
growth opportunity
Critical career move
Packer (Former Employee) –  LibertyMarch 5, 2012
I absolutely hated this job! One of the worst career moves I ever made
Pros
poor management
Cons
easy work load

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Reliable Automatic Sprinkler Co., Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about