THE REMINGTON CLUB Employee Reviews

Poor management
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rancho BernardoJanuary 16, 2018
This place could be a great place to work and that’s only because of the great nursing staff. Minus the management side. The employees are treated very poorly. Although we have staff to fill in for when we are “short staffed”, we are not allowed to have others work due to company reasons. This makes providing care to patients very difficult. management does not care nor do they help where help is needed, and they are considered nursing staff. So they take up our hours but can not help on the floor. Doesn’t make sense, huh? When you try talking to “higher up” staff about it, they act like they will take care of it but then keep brushing it off until you mention it again. Management will ignore you if you’re doing something right and constantly pick on the things you do wrong. Not a way to build up your employees. There are no career advancements or raises. The only positive thing about this place is the nursing staff. The RNs, LVNs and CNAs who work their butts off every second of every day to provide top notch care to all patients. They deserve so much more than what they get here.
Pros
Nice nursing staff, the best CNAs
Cons
Management, salary, overworked, understaffed
Remington club
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Rancho Bernardo, CAFebruary 13, 2017
Large, community oriented, fast-paced health care facility living up to its mission statement of providing 5 star quality care to new and current residents alike
Bartending
Bartender/Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  Minatare, NEFebruary 9, 2017
It was a fun job that I gained working got a friend helping him to start his business. I worked as the lead bartender and met a lot of great people and had great staff to work with.
A Great Start
Concierge/Valet (Current Employee) –  Rancho Bernardo, CAAugust 15, 2016
A great place to start off your job experience.The days are always busy but no matter who you ask, management or servers, everyone is willing to help or assist. The residents' and their families' can be friendly or a little difficult, but even if you are having a bad day there is always someone will make your day better.
Enjoyable, fast paced environment to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Minatare, NEAugust 15, 2016
The Remington Club is an excellent place to work with great people. The most enjoyable part of the job was the wonderful people I worked for in addition to the customers.
Satisfying
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rancho Bernardo, CAFebruary 7, 2016
Good work place environment. Like working with the people. The commute is painful due to high traffic. Working for the clients or patients and helping them is very rewarding
Pros
More experience working with others
Cons
Traffice in commute
dont work here
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Rancho Bernardo, CAFebruary 3, 2016
its an awful place to work at everyone is mean and rude and i didn't get any hours. extremely dirty and run down for a "4 star" retirement home
Pros
Cons
almost everything about this job sucked
High Quality of Service
Medication Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 17, 2014
This facility have the highest quality of service for the residence and the benefits and compensation for dedicated workers.
Great company to work for.
Concierge- Working in Assisted Living (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 8, 2014
Helped out at the front desk. Answered phones, copied menus, and helped the elderlly
Positive Work Place
EXECUTIVE CHEF (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 24, 2014
A busy kitchen with a positive vibe. Expectations are set for all employees and my belief is to let people swim, but not let them drown. We prepare about 430 meals per day for both residents and employees. The kitchen is always abuzz with food preparation. It is my duty to ensure that all food items we make meet or even exceed our residents' expectations, My employees understand that they are held accountable for their mistakes, but they are also praised for their accomplishments and hard work. I try to keep a light atmosphere in the kitchen, but a focused intensity during meal service. My staff consists of various ethnic backgrounds and personalities, but everyone seems to be blind to the differences in their culture and understand the various nuances in each other's styles and personalities. The hardest part of the job is when any of my staff members are experiencing anything negative in their personal lives because we care about them. I enjoy the friendships and connections I have made with my employees, other departments' employees as well as our residents.