The Resource Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYJuly 14, 2018
Very abusive to disabled clients upper management some supervisors and the job support staff for clients were just as abusive. they lie and cover it all up.
Pros
Cons
everything
Amazing Agency
Medical Aide/Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYJune 25, 2018
Working for TRC really started my career in this field. If you love your job and you really focus on doing good work, there is ample opportunity for advancement. If I ever move back to the area, I would definitely work there again.
What I learned
Vocational Skills Instructor (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYMay 26, 2018
I learned from this job how to work with individuals with intellectual disabilities, developmental disabilities and other disabilities. I've gained many different skills, lessons and experience with these positions. This non profit organization has amazing benefits to offer and I enjoyed the job security and stability.
Pros
excellent job security
Cons
promotion difficulty
it was an okay job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Mocksville, NCMay 13, 2018
it was a well organized company not too stressful. it was pretty fast paced you had to keep up with everyone else in the line. there wasn't really any time for error in this kind of company
Not alot of Teamwork
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NY 14701April 9, 2018
When I go into work, I look to see what group I am to do the main responsibilities for. In the house that I work for it is 2 residents to 1 staff. Depending on the hours, in the morning you will get the residents up, the ones that take morning showers, get their shower and a balanced breakfast, then you get them in their coats and ready for Dayhab where they are able to socialize with friends and do amazing things within the day. In the 2nd shift position you will be responsible for getting the residents off the bus. They go to their rooms, use the restroom, get an afternoon snack and then so what their heart desires the rest of the day as long as it is safe for them and their peers.

This job has taught me a lot of patience and understanding of how to look for different clues other than verbal communication. The management at my house is stellar and willing to jump in whenever necessary. However there are many staff that is there for a paycheck and the teamwork suffers and the nights tend to feel like it is never ending as you are doing everything yourself.

The hardest part of the job is actually getting mandated to work later or on your day off. You are not able to actually have a life outside of work on occasion as you have to be at work. But then that goes to what I enjoy, and that is the residents that always seem to smile regardless of what is going on.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Mandation
Client focused job environment,
Vocational Skills Instructor (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYMarch 19, 2018
This place of work was unique because the mentality of the majority was support and respect of those with developemental disabilities. I worked for this agency for about 3 years.
Alot of the community works at The Resource Center
House LPN (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NY 14701March 15, 2018
Pass meds, take care of any needs of residents throughout the day, schedule, make calls, complete any uncompleted work. Working in a condition that people do not tell you what they want done or how to do it, and when you continue to work as you have for 4 years and get reprimanded for it because it is not done correctly their way. My other coworkers, some of the residents, hours.
Pros
hours, co-workers
Cons
some managers
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Fredonia, NYMarch 14, 2018
The only problem I has was they were not understanding to my needing a schedule change due to personal problems. I need a job that's open to communicating with me about my needs while still wanting to work there.
Loved my job but ran into problems with management
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Celoron, NYFebruary 23, 2018
Upon getting a new manager, we ran into lots of issues with scheduling. Under her management, the house lost 5+ employees in a small group home, we no longer worked as a team as she seemed to divide the work force. I absolutely adored my residents but the stress of the job and demand for mandated shifts became too much for me, and thus I sought out opportunity elsewhere.
Pros
Loving residents, sense of purpose
Cons
Thankless job, management issues
Productive, fun environment.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Dunkirk, NYFebruary 19, 2018
It was a productive, fast-paced work setting where I enjoyed my time working with my clients. I assisted them with ADL's, daily skills/activities, as well as their daily and monthly goals. I helped them with outings within the comunity, and administrated medications to them.
Good environment
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 26, 2018
I learned a lot while working here and my coworkers were all very nice and helpful. I was also put new challenges on my plate and met a lot of new people.
Pros
company lunches
Great Relaxed Work Place
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, NYJanuary 24, 2018
Working at The Resource Center is great. It can be very relaxed at times but it is never boring. It is a good place to work if you're looking for something to help prepare you for another job in the medical field. Highly recommend working for this agency.
Pros
Limited stress
Cons
minimal breaks
It's a very fun workplace and games and puzzles to play with as well.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYJanuary 6, 2018
Though I recommend The Resource Center I should say it's mostly for the community with Mental and Psychical conditions but I felt right at home though and would highly recommend it for anyone who wants to work but also have fun all in one.
Pros
Very fun enviroment
Fun place to be
Intern (Former Employee) –  Dunkirk, NYDecember 13, 2017
The Resource center was an amazing place to intern. There was so much to learn in a year. My two supervisors shaped me into a social worker that I wanted to be.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dunkirk, NYNovember 16, 2017
The work environment is clean and friendly and co-workers are helpful with each other. Benefits, compensation, and holidays for full-time employment are good.
Poor working conditions
DRIVER II (Former Employee) –  Dunkirk, NYNovember 8, 2017
Talk about lack of support for personnel this place takes the cake. Due to a motorcycle accident I needed 4 days off (because I was going on an approved 2 week vacation following the 4 days I needed) and was terminated because I didn't have any fmla time accrued.
looking for a new job
Maintenance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jamestown, NYNovember 5, 2017
currently the resource center is trying to take as much away from long term employees as they can. there is no room for advancement unless you work in administration the insurance used to be good is not anymore they care more about the money then quality staff or staffing issues bottom line they don't care
Pros
Cons
lots
Very healthy job for yourself.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYOctober 28, 2017
Love Working with the individuals with disabilities and staffing. The environment is safe cleanliness and wonderful. Some days are more trickier than others but overall a well worth job.
Pros
making others happy makes yourself happy!
Cons
some situations are confusing when you first start working there.
Replacable
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Jamestown, NYOctober 19, 2017
This agency is not concerned with keeping good employees. The only way to advance is to bounce around to different departments. Most days homes are under staffed.
I enjoyed my time working at the Resource Center.
Temporary Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jones and Gifford ave. CenterOctober 11, 2017
My position at the Resource Center was temporary and did not include the benefits offered to Full Time employees. While I enjoyed the time I spent there, I did not have the opportunity to stay and become a full time permanent employee. All positions that I was qualified for were filled and no one was planning on retirement or leaving the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Resource Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight