The Retail Outsource Employee Reviews

Do not work here
Wireless Specialist (Former Employee) –  Guntersville, ALJuly 2, 2018
Unless you’re desperate for a paycheck, DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY. Your training is sitting in a conference room for 8 hours watching a powerpoint. After that, you’re thrown to the wolves.
Pros
Cons
Management, commission
Not a company who cares
Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 29, 2018
They dont care about there employees, they leave you to deal with the attitudes of the Walmart employees! Commission is only 5$ for post paid phones! Who wants to work hard for 5$ ! Lied and told me i would have every other weekend of and would have a flexible hours ! When in fact you have set hours with no wiggle room!! The Walmart employees have no desire to work with you !! Dont waste your time !!!!
Pros
Cant think of one
Cons
Mandatory weekends, no raises ever
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Humboldt, TNJune 27, 2018
First off, I am very thankful for the opportunity I had, I got to learn a lot about Sales and was able to get a year and a half sales experience with this job......

I absolutely HATED having to work every single weekend, it was mandatory, and the hours were either 10-6:30 or 11:30-8.....

Was told since it was a commission job so there was no chance of a raise.....

They don't advance from within, I never saw one single time in the year and a half I was there, anyone that got promoted or advanced in any way.

LOVED my Walmart co-workers, they all treated me so well, and is the reason I stayed as long as I did.

Also, when I put my 2 weeks notice in, the regional manager himself called me and literally lied to me about the new company I got hired for. Said he had a buddy that was a DM for them, but they don't even have DMs.
Pros
Good pay, good commission, great experience, great walmart coworkers
Cons
work every weekend, no pay raise, poor management
Horrible company and pay do not waste your time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 16, 2018
They don't train you they stick you in Walmart and gotta deal with people thinking you're Walmart all day and try to convert them to contract phones. Horrible pay
Pros
Sucks
Cons
Sucks
Don't waste your time!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Union, SCJune 10, 2018
I worked for this company for 3 days. The first official day we were thrown to the wolves. Our manager left to open another site and we stood around for 8 hours not knowing what to do. I walk into my Walmart location often and there still aren't any displays set up for the other associates to sale.
Pros
Cons
Lack of Management, supplies, etc
Fun place to work if you like working alone
Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ripley, TNJune 6, 2018
I sincerely liked working for this company. Mostly sold prepaid phones but the company wants you to concentrate on postpaid phones. This company was hired by Walmart to help them sell postpaid phones. In my opinion they are wasting there money. However, it was good pay for what was required of you. I’d recommend to young people who are looking for their first job.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
You get points for being late or taking off no matter if you have a good reason or not.
Competitive and great career oppurtunity
Wireless specialist (Current Employee) –  Paris, TNMay 30, 2018
A great oppurtunity for those who love retail and have the ability to sell.
Requires initiative and discipline but is very rewarding and fun.
As an indeendant contractor this gives you much more oppurtunities for growth and choices in your fireld.
A big joke
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waynesville, NCMay 25, 2018
This job was a literal joke. They don't actually train you they do a lame job and literally stick you with Walmart associates to train. The "uniforms" are a joke literally just a plain black polo with a label make name tag. Coming from a mobile sales background this company has no idea what they are doing or how to actually sell cellphones. Commission is so low might as well not be there and hourly pay is a joke. The environment depends on your store but your whole day is hounding Walmart customers who always think you work for Walmart and try to solicit a sale. The expectations are unrealistic and the tools aren't worth a second. 90 percent of my day was not much going on at all other then standing walking around walmart. Stay away from this joke if you have a passion for cellphones like me go find a real mobile sales position.
Pros
Cons
Literally the entire job from pay to commission to lack of training all a joke
A great job while it lasted!
SPRINT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAMay 23, 2018
I worked for TROC as a third party Sprint representative. My manager and the people I worked with were all working FOR TROC but under the Sprint name. Usually the outsource recruiters can be iffy, but even during the hiring process for this job, there was ALWAYS someone to talk to if I had questions or concerns and the woman assigned to setting me up was absolutely fantastic and sweet. Even better, the people hired for the Sprint operation were excellent leaders and listeners - we only had one issue during this time, with a new manager they hired who caused some trouble onsite, and with the help of our supervisor we quickly had him replaced. Overall, the people working for TROC as well as the people they choose for positions are top of the line and I would go back to my old job in a heartbeat.

Unfortunately, Sprint decided to cut off the partnership and left us all high and dry after only a few months.
Pros
Fantastic support system, reasonable hours and goals, great communication and people
Cons
Sprint was the only bad part of this
This place
Wireless Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MOMay 22, 2018
Worked here full time for about a year started off great management was awesome then market manager left the new one was awful changed everyone’s hours Walmart is on a power trip you might as well go work for Walmart you do there job and get paid less than they do hours are awful mandatory weekends if you have a family you like spending time with don’t work here pay was alright that’s about it also breaks and lunches suck you barely get any time at all only bright side I met some awesome people working there market manager is terrible won’t even talk to her employees also she’s very unprofessional like super unprofessional
Pros
Cons
Short breaks hours
Life at TROC
Wireless Specialist (Former Employee) –  Crossville, TNMay 18, 2018
A typical day at work would be going in and talking to people for the rest of your shift. I enjoyed it myself and knowing more about themselves. At TROC, you are assigned to right fit customers to their wireless plans need. We answer any questions that they are curious about and give them all the pieces of information for them to decide what's best for them. I'd also say that management is very helpful and know what they're doing. I never had any issues with my manager at the time. The hardest part of the job would just be the fact when no customers want to talk to you for a sales opportunity. The most enjoyable part of the job was simply talking to people which I loved doing.
Unprofessional
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAMay 7, 2018
I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone. They are very unorganized, unprofessional and unconcerned. One day of training which wasn't a training. Just sat and looked at slides in a room. They throw you to the wolves with a steak on your neck
Pros
got to meet nice & friendly ppl
Cons
Long work days, change of schedule without notice, management not knowing what to do. No training given
Strong Management
Cricket and AT&T Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 15, 2018
extensive travel is required, some overnight.

management is dedicated and responsive.

the most enjoyable part of the job is educating store associates about Cricket and AT&T Prepaid services and phones.
Pros
Independence from close managment oversight
Cons
Compensation could be more generous.
Poor training and poor pay
Mobile Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Crossville, TNApril 3, 2018
I received 1 day of training that I learned nothing at. Then they throw you on the sales floor at Wal-Mart with no training on the product you would be selling. When I sold my first postpaid account I had to figure out how to do the paperwork because I was never showed. It's a lot of work to try to talk people into a postpaid account away from the prepaid option which is cheaper and works just as well. The commission plan is a joke you receive $5 for every postpaid account sold woth opportunity for month end bonuses that are a joke that are also split among the other sales reps. You get 0.50 cents for every prepaid phone sold and 1% on accessories. Your job is to walk around Wal-Mart aggravating customers into signing an agreement to finance a phone. Not worth the money offered for the job that is being done.
Pros
Discounts on a variety of products and services
Cons
Low pay, poor training
No opportunity for advancement; embarrassingly low pay compared to competitors
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnonymousMarch 6, 2018
If you need a job, take it. If it's your first sales job, take it as a stepping stone to better sales jobs.

You will become frustrated with the inappropriate pay, especially if you do well.
Pros
Independent work
Cons
Everything else
Fun, and very fast paced work place.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Decatur, TNMarch 3, 2018
I love this job , I love doing this type of job, my coworker were so mean to me. I dealt with it until I couldn't handle it no more. They talked down to me, and I just can't work with ignorant people
Sorry manager
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hallandale Beach, FLFebruary 13, 2018
Would have been awesome if the manager actually looked after his employees. He just pops in every store to see if theyre alive. Very rude managers and employees.
great company
Cell phone sales representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 9, 2018
this was a great company to work for. the employees were wonderful & so was management. The training process was wonderful & I learned a lot. I recommend this company to anyone. If its still around
High Stress Hight reward
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  East Liverpool, OHFebruary 5, 2018
Very stressful if not a good communicator to the general public.Need to be outgoing in order to meet your required amount of apps weekly. It can be a very high paying job if you enjoy the automsphere
Pros
good benefits and pay
Cons
short breaks on your feet all day
At the end of the day it's a sales job
Mobile Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Monaca, PAJanuary 29, 2018
First off if you understand what it means to be a Sales person then a lot of these complaints don't make sense. They do expect you to know what you're doing and not need your hand held every day through the experience especially when you have uncapped commission. The sales game is not a good game unless you're passionate about it and good at it. If you're shy this is not for you. If you don't like to do a lot of walking and standing this is not for you. If the pressure of quota stresses you out this is not for you. And obviously if you don't know a lot about cell phones or computer technology this is not for you. Not with just this company but pay rates need to go up even with commission. 8 hour shifts that are mostly planted dead smack in the middle of the day will kill your personal or social life and at least where I'm at weekends were mandatory for full-time. For the pay rate I don't know if it's worth it. Walking around and approaching people everyday for 8 hours a day in Walmart where people are not known to be the happiest (Walmart employees especially) can and may start to get to you after some time. But it is not by far the worst sales job out there but it is what it is.
Pros
Commission, freedom to walk around, paid 15 min breaks, discounts
Cons
Low pay, bad hours, a lot of standing, quotas

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Retail Outsource. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7