The Revenue Optimization Companies Employee Reviews

Highly Recommend working here!
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 18, 2018
I love working at T-ROC, i have many opportunities and I can see the growth laid out in front of me. It is a hard job but worth it for the long run benefits.
Terrible
Mobile Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Indiana, PASeptember 15, 2018
My first two months were great, then they changed our market manager and it all went downhill. When you get customers to the kiosk to close the sale more often than not, the computers are down so you lose the sale. You are expected to help the Walmart shoppers, but are punished by the company if you don't badger them relentlessly about buying phones. They offer $500 to any associate that refers an employee and they stay six months. But no one lasts that long.
Pros
Cons
Work in Walmart
Great company to work for and to learn new skills!
Sales (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLSeptember 13, 2018
It's a great place to work because they's a strong sense of camaraderie and also a casual /business like environment. I find that combination to be very effective. Since day one everyone makes sure to make you feel welcomed, and after a short period of time working here you'll feel you work with family. Upper management is easily available to answer any questions and puts time aside to work alongside with you in any projects needed. Again, it's a great place to work and to learn new skills. I would highly recommend!
Pros
too many to name: Free coffee, filtered water and often delicious food.
Cons
bathrooms need to be updated...specially women's need new fixtures...tiles...ect.
Great Opportunity for passionate people
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  MiamiSeptember 10, 2018
This company gives you the tools to succeed. The communication is superb and there really is a family atmosphere. Even though some roles are geographically distant, the entire company keeps a community vibe and constantly bolsters and recognizes their fellow family.
Pros
Great community, fun work environment
Cons
not for lazy people
Horrible place to work
Wireless Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INSeptember 7, 2018
READ FULLY! IN SHORT DO NOT WORK HERE!

This place, let me tell you about this place. They promise you the world, they b.s you into a job. Then, once you are in said job, things start going downhill. Slowly, mind you. Only took about 2 months for me personally. Was told i would get 40 hours a week and rotating Saturdays. Then after i started, i found out that I cant have Saturday's off. Nobody has Satirdays off. So thats one lie, in the two months i worked for TROC, not one time did i have 40 hours a week. It was always 35 - 37 hours a week. When asked about getting 40 hours, i was told that i needed extra money, then I should sell more. I skipped lunches just to make up 30 minutes on my time. So Thats 2 lies. I was also told that after my 30 day certification, that i would be able to move up to a different part of the company and make more money. After being hired, i found out that you have to be at your current position for 6 months. Thats 3 lies. They expect you to hit unrealistic sales goals each month. And if you dont hit them, there a reprecussions including termination. This company os not a good company to work for. So i say to you, if you are looking for a job, dont do this one.
Pros
Discounts on AT&T and Verizon
Cons
Everything else
Terrible Work Place
Sale Rep (Former Employee) –  Little Rock , ArkansasSeptember 7, 2018
If you are in Walmart DON’T DO IT ! This is the absolute worst job I have ever had. There is no weekends off. There is more working with Walmart food customers than electronic customers! The management is Awful ! Walmart management ALSO TRIES TO CONTROL YOU ! The pay is not that good and commission isn’t really an asset unless you can really sale post paid! Find somewhere ELSE TO WORK ! Work hrs are the worst it’s an all day thing.
Zero sales (Former Employee) –  Chanute, KSSeptember 6, 2018
The troc company is a bad company I rate there as a zero and was mess up what my boss was doing. So I am looking for a new job that will treat people right
Pros
No lunch
Good management
Wireless Specialist (Former Employee) –  Latrobe, PASeptember 4, 2018
Good management minus the fact they don't know how to tell there employees to show and they just throw you on to the floor with 2 days of training pretty much sink or swim. You'll do good if you have sales training if not you will fail. You have to chase people down for a sale .
Pros
Good mangement
Cons
NO training
Not very honest
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  North carolinaSeptember 3, 2018
I helped open our towns location. Very poor advertising and training was a joke. Left due to very poor management and favoritism. Have tried to go back since replaced store manger get told not hiring even tho always job listings posted on indeed. And get interviewed by their talent team. And pretty sure store manager is rascist. Also very rude.
Pros
Awsome discount and pay isnt bad
Cons
Training and goals required to meet
fun and very learnable work.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  WalmartAugust 30, 2018
Good location (inside Walmart), and quick environment. Friendly people who are willing to take their time to help you succeed. Not extremely competitive, but they still encourage you to do better than before.
Poor Training
Wireless Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCAugust 30, 2018
My experience with T-Roc was a shocking revelation. They hired quickly and I literally had no Market Manager to train me. They pulled a Market Manager from another area to drive 3 hours to train me. If you can call it training. He called me delayed on the first day and left early. Second day he was an hour late and then disappeared for a couple hours and then left early. I did not get trained on registers or how to do contracts. It was the worst training experience I ever had. There was no structure, no sense of organization, no feeling of security. I walked away from what was clearly a mess of a company. At the time of my resignation I still had no access to WARP, no schedule, and had not met my own Marketing Manager or had a clue what to do. I was pretty much put in a store by myself and only taught to walk around and talk with people. What was I suppose to do when I actually sold them on a phone? JUST DON'T WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!
Pros
Pay was decent
Cons
Training and Management horrible
Best Place to work Ever!!
Procurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLAugust 28, 2018
My experience working at The Retail Outsource is incredible! Since I started in early 2016 I was pleasantly surprised to be in a company who was sensitive towards its employees needs and requirements.

The company always has daily goals to reach and has always encouraged me to surpass personal achievements.

Tremendous atmosphere! Great folks, fun trainings and informative team meetings. They let you express yourself and take feedback into consideration.

Managers are always open helping you, teaching you new things and facilitating your career advancement.

Overall it is very exciting working for The Retail Outsource
Eh its a job
Wireless Specialist (Current Employee) –  MissouriAugust 27, 2018
While I can understand some people complaining the pay is not worth it but that depends on where you are. If you're in an area where the pay is the federal min. Then you're making about $3 above min wage.

But yes don't count on Commissions. They may say to push for post pays and you prolly should to keep your job... But if you sell 30 prepaids that month each one there after counts as $1 per sale. This resets every month but it is A LOT easier to get a prepaid sale when you aren't dealing with a customer who has brain cells.

There really is no argument you can make when a customer comes up to you and tells you "No I want prepaid, I pay 17.50 for two lines unlimited text and calls. I don't use data." Like how are you gonna tell them "well you should spend 80 per month!" That's just not happening.

Not to mention if we do really well and manage to get everyone on post paid... Well we'd be out of a job...

The healthcare offered is through Cigma and no one seems to use it... Sooo there's that.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Health plan
Poorly ran
Regional Talent Acquisition Partner - Midwest (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSAugust 20, 2018
This company cares nothing for its employees. Everything is a number. The company is poorly managed and will be deceitful. Goals were unrealistic, but no one was ever held Accountable to them.
Sucked
Mobile Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GAAugust 17, 2018
This was an awful company. I was not allowed to be off for my own grandmothers funeral. I would never go back to this company or encourage anyone I know to work for them.
The misery
Wireless Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLAugust 14, 2018
I was harrassed and bullied daily no training i basically worked for walmart which was way more fun than working for troc just save yourself the stress
Pros
Cons
Alll
Not worth it
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 11, 2018
Management is the worst. No weekends off at all. "If I don't get weekends off, neither will you!" Quote directly from the manager. Said one thing but then switched it up to another after it became an issue. Comissions are a total joke.
Greet place to work
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 6, 2018
Enjoyed my time with the company. Only reason for the departure is lack of contract renewal for the staffing program I was hired for. Worked with the Sprint Radio Shack SWAS program.
Do not work here!
Wireless Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALAugust 2, 2018
By far the worse job I’ve ever had! Manager didn’t even know how to do his job and does not care about you or your well being, neither does the company. If you already work here get out now! I can tell you now this company will not last too much longer. I recently heard Verizon is looking to buy out of their partnership with them. And most Wal-Marts hate them.
Terrible Job
Lead Wireless Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tarentum, PAAugust 2, 2018
While my manager is great because he works to get things done, the upper management has no clue what it's doing and refuses to promote people that have more experience. They give lame excuses to not promote people such as their isn't enough people in your store to promote you, or you are too valuable to promote... If I am too valuable to promote, don't you think training people to sell like you would be better than only having one of you?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Revenue Optimization Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

See reviews about

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.2Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight