The Reynolds and Reynolds Company Employee Reviews

Great starter job, with fast paced learning required
Client Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTOctober 15, 2018
If you take your time with the long hiring process, have patience with the horrible management (with a few exceptions), don't ever want to send any complaint to the out of state HR about hostile work environment, and need job experience in technical support, then this is the place for you.

Specifically the Draper office (IDS inc is the incorporated company located there), works on Residential Mortgage document services, not Auto like the rest of ReyRey. Because this is different from the rest of the company there is no formal training on the job for more than just the systems, and so knowing as much as a certified mortgage loan officer was needed by a couple months in for any non-IT/Coding Jobs.

Their Customer Support job isn't a call center Customer Service job where you just take simple calls, but it is advertised as one, and the pay is about the same as a simple call center job. This was great to put on the resume because I learned a lot of technical information quickly, but the environment is toxic because those who don't learn quickly or don't learn how to get what they need quickly are deemed uncoachable because management is unsupportive, but act the part (minus a few cases). Most people who don't kiss up to management or people in the know don't learn about specific industry knowledge needed on the job, however all Customer Support reps at the time still had the power to make multi-thousand dollar mistakes during training once they get a computer. In the end office politics or intense knowledge/prior experience in the mortgage industry is needed for you and the
  more... company to thrive.

The company has a lot of customizable automation for the documents process done by customer service agents, so my background in computer coding helped. I had to code/scan through code daily per email requests and or phone calls to put band-aids on the system, or help a customer use the system after one of the monthly software updates. If you don't know coding before starting this can be a point where having an in office mentor is needed, especially because the coding language used daily is proprietary, and so codeacademy/the internet won't help. The monthly-ish updates were an anxious time because they broke the system often from all the little code imbeded over 5ish years by people with communications backgrounds who have a knack for coding simple without long term reliability/scalability. There is no good history of what changes are in affect, so helping customer's on the phone meant that sometimes you had to stare at code to find a change made 6 months to a year back, for good customer support. Not being allowed to even talk to the software development department due to general bad history between Customer Service management and the Software Development management made for a lot of bad deployments as well, which raised the customer support calls and occasionally made for a bad few days of work.

If you want a simple job or have technical experience don't come here. If you want a technical job but lack experience, come here and watch your back.
Pros
Great Starter Job
Cons
Poor Management, Poor Growth, No local HR
Old Reynolds different from New Reynolds
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 3, 2018
In 2006 Reynolds was acquired. A huge culture shift occurred. Legacy employees struggled while hires under the new culture did not have issues with it. Good place to have a first job. The "non-interference" (non-compete) agreement is three years. Three years is a long time if you don't like working there.
Pros
Good products
Cons
Work atmosphere in system sales
Great Place
Repair Specialist (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXSeptember 17, 2018
Reynolds and Reynolds is a great place to work, if you are a student, or are looking for a career. The people you work with are friendly and willing to help. You also have off most major holidays too. There is a cafeteria that serves breakfast and lunch Monday-Friday, as well as a gym that all associates have full access to for free.
Pros
Free Gym, Cafeteria
Cons
A lot of turnover
If you’re starting your interview process, look elsewhere
N/A (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 11, 2018
The culture and people at Reynolds and Reynolds are great, but that’s essentially all they have.

The company’s longevity is a mask that hides their declining sales. The systems they try to sell are antequated and arbitrary for the growing and changing direction of the Automotive Industry. The Retail Management Systems they sell are bulky, obsolete, and in many instances actually hurt the dealerships that do business with them.

Unwilling to change, Reynolds and Reynolds holds on to the business practices established 50 years ago with no regards to advancements in efficiency, technology, and RMS business infastructure.

From start to finish, you begin to see the errant and archaic methods used to conduct daily business. From the 4-7 separate interviews, to the 18 month on-boarding process, and on to the blind eye they turn against innovative advancements made by competitors, the big picture and long term outlook is murky to say the least.

Still being run and operated by a man nearly 80 years old, the company doesn’t have a clear course of action to continue business if upper-level personell changes are required. They aren’t quick to adapt, either, as 4 of the 7 managers explained to me during my interview process.

If you’re looking for a long-term career path, I suggest choosing a company with proven growth in revenue, rather than almost 20 years of declining sales.
Pros
Great culture, positive work environment
Cons
Stubborn, antequated, ominous future
Positive environment, but volatile management.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 10, 2018
Reynolds has a very positive environment and excellent entry-level positions, but because they do hire a lot of graduates right out of college, they have below-industry-average pay and benefits. This is a good first workplace, but not necessarily a long-term option. They are also a fairly typical corporate environment (cubicles, casual Fridays, etc.), so if you have seen TV shows of that kind of thing, you should know what to expect.

The primary downside to working here, however, is the unstable management. During my short time at the company, several departments were restructured, costing a number of people their jobs and shifting others in very different roles. I was let go because I got sick, causing me to work from home one day and take a sick day the next. Expectations vary from week to week and promotion requires a very long-term commitment.
Pros
Cafeteria, small gym, easy to get hired if you can pass their IQ test.
Cons
Relatively low compensation and inconsistent management expectations
Applicant for Tampa location
Applicant for service consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 7, 2018
This company is a complete waste of time. They advertised on indeed that they were looking for people who had experience in the automotive industry who were looking for a more stable Mon-Fri job with benefits. I have over 15 years experience in service management as well as experience using R&R software. I es out through 3 weeks of tests on knowledge that would not even be used in this particular position like historical facts, very advanced math etc. They completely wasted my time for 3 weeks and after the last test sent mea simple “we are not proceeding with you” email. After all the time, testing, Skype calls ect. for a 40,000 a year position you would think I would get a phone call out of courtesy. Complete joke and waste of time!!
Cons
Waste of time
Great place for working students
Texas - Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXSeptember 5, 2018
I worked part-time at Reynolds and Reynolds while I was taking classes in college station. They were very flexible with my class schedule, and I had a lot of fun working there.
Poor hiring quality
Trying to hire in (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 30, 2018
I put in an application for office assistant. I did my first part of the application on line, the second part of my application was to go in to the building and take a college mathematics interence exam!!! What the heck is that all about??? I could see if I was hiring in as an engineer..but not for a office assistant. This company has too high of standards for who they hire, and I feel it is NOT an equal opportunity employer
Good management
Standard Order Entry Editor (Current Employee) –  Celina, OHAugust 29, 2018
Very nice that management is able to work with me when life threw me wrenches -and I had to adjust my hours. Good work environment and friendly co-workers.
Not ideal
HR (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 29, 2018
Terrible work environment, poor management style, no opportunity for advancement without bias. Ok for starting your career, but definitely not recommended.
Easy part time job, not good for long term.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXAugust 21, 2018
Worked at Reynolds for 10+ years and have truly seen the best and worst job I have ever had.

Job works well for college students with their flexible schedules but breaking into any management chain was so difficult I found myself almost giving up at times.

After finally earning/securing a lower management position, I found my uphill battle increasingly in difficultly. The bureaucratic nature of the upper management is undoubtedly byassed to a certain mold of people. If you don't fit the mold, you wont make it far up the chain.

In short come work for them part time during school, but leave for a career.
Pros
Easy workable schedule. Decent money for entry level positions.
Cons
Provided Healthcare plan is not good, very bureaucratic management chains lead to limited advancement opportunities.
Okay Starter Company
Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 13, 2018
Review specifically for Naked Lime Marketing. Overall company is outdated and has outdated systems. Okay team to work with. Unrealistic expectations. Lots of red tape for changes. Good experience for a entry level position.
Pros
Good cafeteria food
Cons
Low pay, lots of work
Its Sucks
Midline Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHAugust 6, 2018
Overall it sucks to work at this company. I have been here 4 years and have yet to see a single person promoted. Management is clueless. The company doesnt seem to have a long term plan in place for the changes in the auto industry or they do and dont share it with employees for some stupid reason.

Pay is low and subject to management opinion of you. Raises are based on opinion
Pros
Easy
Cons
Repetitive, low pay
Innovative company providing opportunities to its employees
Sr. Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 3, 2018
The working environment provides opportunities for those who are young, starting out in their career, and offers many opportunities to have a healthy lifestyle
Professional working enviorment
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 31, 2018
To most associates, this was a short term job. Management did not develop associates. Growth opportunities were based on politicals. The company let a lot of good people slip thru their hands.
Pros
Professional working enviorment
Cons
Political enviorment
Good Times Gone Bad
Senior Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHJuly 18, 2018
Tough to get into this company, tough to stay this company. I enjoyed my early career and made some good friends and contacts. However, as our team became leaner, the work and travel demands were hard to maintain a balance.
Benefits
Cons
Salary
Decent company
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHJune 19, 2018
Campus in Kettering is nice. Lots of friendly people, though there's typical office type difficulties to deal with. Downside is, they pay the IT staff there less than industry standard, though the benefits might make up for it depending on your preferences.
Pros
Great food in the cafeteria
Cons
Office morons get their way with the boss, making it harder to do your job to help them.
Not the worst place in the world to work
Distance Learning Coordinator (Former Employee) –  One Reynolds Way, Kettering OH, 45430June 19, 2018
This was my first full time position in my career field and first real office job. I worked in the DLC (Distance Learning Center) The culture there was alright, although I feel that they're trying to build that family atmosphere in an office by having baby showers and wedding showers for employees (I'd personally rather file my income taxes again then go to those things - not my cup of tea). The work seemed to be steady and stimulating when dished out, it kept me busy and I didn't get bored with it when there was something to do. Overall I'd say this isn't a bad place to work.
Pros
Decent pay, pretty good benefits
Cons
Work life balance, office culture
Self guided work experice with tough hours, low pay
SOFTWARE IMPLEMENATION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 18, 2018
Working at Reynolds was a great experience for learning to be a self-managed, productive employee, however the salary is quite low for the work demanded. Coworkers and management were awesome, however the lack of upward mobility and low pay did not balance this. Plus, work life balance is practically non-existent due to long work hours and constant travel.
Pros
Excellent coworkers, great management, travel opportunities, valuable skills learned
Cons
Constant travel, low pay, no work life balance
Great Benefits horrible management
Domains Administrator and Web Support (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 14, 2018
I was not happy at this location. The management had favorite employees and the rest got no recognition for their accomplishments or it was awarded to others. I did enjoy some of my coworkers and the benefits were awesome.
Pros
gym, dining facility, benefits
Cons
cliques, bias management, no team work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Reynolds and Reynolds Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6

3.1Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight