The Reynolds and Reynolds Company Employee Reviews

Okay Starter Company
Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 13, 2018
Review specifically for Naked Lime Marketing. Overall company is outdated and has outdated systems. Okay team to work with. Unrealistic expectations. Lots of red tape for changes. Good experience for a entry level position.
Pros
Good cafeteria food
Cons
Low pay, lots of work
Its Sucks
Midline Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHAugust 6, 2018
Overall it sucks to work at this company. I have been here 4 years and have yet to see a single person promoted. Management is clueless. The company doesnt seem to have a long term plan in place for the changes in the auto industry or they do and dont share it with employees for some stupid reason.

Pay is low and subject to management opinion of you. Raises are based on opinion
Pros
Easy
Cons
Repetitive, low pay
Innovative company providing opportunities to its employees
Sr. Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 3, 2018
The working environment provides opportunities for those who are young, starting out in their career, and offers many opportunities to have a healthy lifestyle
Good Times Gone Bad
Senior Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHJuly 18, 2018
Tough to get into this company, tough to stay this company. I enjoyed my early career and made some good friends and contacts. However, as our team became leaner, the work and travel demands were hard to maintain a balance.
Benefits
Cons
Salary
Decent company
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHJune 19, 2018
Campus in Kettering is nice. Lots of friendly people, though there's typical office type difficulties to deal with. Downside is, they pay the IT staff there less than industry standard, though the benefits might make up for it depending on your preferences.
Pros
Great food in the cafeteria
Cons
Office morons get their way with the boss, making it harder to do your job to help them.
Not the worst place in the world to work
Distance Learning Coordinator (Former Employee) –  One Reynolds Way, Kettering OH, 45430June 19, 2018
This was my first full time position in my career field and first real office job. I worked in the DLC (Distance Learning Center) The culture there was alright, although I feel that they're trying to build that family atmosphere in an office by having baby showers and wedding showers for employees (I'd personally rather file my income taxes again then go to those things - not my cup of tea). The work seemed to be steady and stimulating when dished out, it kept me busy and I didn't get bored with it when there was something to do. Overall I'd say this isn't a bad place to work.
Pros
Decent pay, pretty good benefits
Cons
Work life balance, office culture
Self guided work experice with tough hours, low pay
SOFTWARE IMPLEMENATION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 18, 2018
Working at Reynolds was a great experience for learning to be a self-managed, productive employee, however the salary is quite low for the work demanded. Coworkers and management were awesome, however the lack of upward mobility and low pay did not balance this. Plus, work life balance is practically non-existent due to long work hours and constant travel.
Pros
Excellent coworkers, great management, travel opportunities, valuable skills learned
Cons
Constant travel, low pay, no work life balance
Great Benefits horrible management
Domains Administrator and Web Support (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 14, 2018
I was not happy at this location. The management had favorite employees and the rest got no recognition for their accomplishments or it was awarded to others. I did enjoy some of my coworkers and the benefits were awesome.
Pros
gym, dining facility, benefits
Cons
cliques, bias management, no team work
Unpleasant part time experience
Fuser Technician (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 12, 2018
The majority of your day was spent fixing outdated printer parts from the 1990s, being surrounded by new faces because the people you had trained a a few weeks ago either quit or were fired because of ridiculous work quotas. The environment was very political, part timers who managed to stay either did so because they managed to do the work or they managed to like the same things as their boss and could get away with spending half of their day talking instead of filling quotas. This is the kind of company you work at if you're good at water cooler talk or are exceptional at computers and work in the right department. Some departments have absurd turnover rates.
Pros
Cafeteria served good food
Cons
short breaks, hostile work environment
Great place to start a career
Systems Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 28, 2018
Great place to start and pick up some useful skills. Can be slow to promote and increase pay despite having bi-annual review periods with a raise. Passion is not really rewarded here very much. Rarely is there much occasion to work with bleeding edge technology.
Pros
Cafeteria, Parking Provided, Flexible Hours, Training
Cons
Lack perks of more modern tech companies, below average pay
Now Privately Owned
Human Resources Professional I (IT Support) (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHMay 27, 2018
When I worked at R&R, they were a publicly traded company. As I understand it, they are now privately owned. When I worked there, they laid off employees every September I was there 3 years before my September lay off occurred.
Reynolds is on the decline.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 11, 2018
I have worked as a remote in the field for R&R for many years. The old R&R in Dayton was fun and a joy to work for, had a family feel to it.

Than the UCS Texas crew took over and began running the formally great company, into the ground. My territory got hammered by customers running away, losing more than half after the buyout in 06. Watch your back, with a constantly declining customer base, the remote guys positions will always be in peril.
Pros
Dayton
Cons
Texas
Very conservative culture
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 1, 2018
This is a comparatively small company, and in my experience the departments at my location had limited positions for leadership. Thus there is hardly any room to advance. Most of management are entrenched for retirement. Thus, unless your being hired from outside, starting in an entry level position could be a very long-term endeavor.
Pros
Health conscious culture. Good job security.
Cons
Low opportunities for advancement.
Very corporate and stressful
Administrative Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXApril 26, 2018
They like to continue to give you work even if you have a day's full of work. When you don't get it done, they ask why. A lot of micromanaging and also they like to have multiple files which include the same information so you spend a lot of time entering the same information into multiple places.
Pros
Willing to work with your hours in some departments
Cons
There are a lot.
Good starter job
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHApril 24, 2018
Senior management not going anywhere, business needs are demanding and stressful, life / work balance hard to manage, lack of accountability on the sales force
Pros
On-site cafeteria, extra curricular activities available, enjoy co-workers
Cons
Management, pay
Excellent, collaborative environment
Digital Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHApril 24, 2018
They are very team-oriented and care about the success of each associate. Their training is top-notch and I'm very grateful for everything I learned there.
great company but celina plant is a joke
Bindery Operator, injection molding department (Current Employee) –  Celina, OHApril 19, 2018
Reynolds and Reynolds is a great company to work for as a whole, the benefits are great. but the celina ohio plant is a joke, management is a joke, and the atmosphere is terrible.
easy job
Remote Customer Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHApril 16, 2018
Job itself was easy, but management contradicts itself and expects associates to know things not taught to them... "general knowledge." Members of management are not on the same page with each other.
Pros
Able to increase pay rate by taking Certifications.
Cons
Not all department have access to Certifications.
OK place to start, don't plan on a career there.
Artist II - HTML Artist (Current Employee) –  Celina, OHApril 15, 2018
This was my first job out of college. I have been there nearly 4 years. I like the job function itself well enough, and I like the majority of my coworkers, but the corporate culture is really old-fashioned and backwards. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like there is much room for me to advance there, but the lack of communication in management does not make it an appealing prospect anyways. There is not a strong sense of leadership, just a lot of people who got in by who they know or how long they've worked there.

I would say that if you want a place to start, there could be worse. But don't settle for this place forever unless you are okay with being treated like a child or a cog in the machine long term.
Right supervisor
Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXApril 13, 2018
Working at reynolds is a toss up, some supervisors are harsh while others are understanding and acceptable. It all depends what department you work in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Reynolds and Reynolds Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6

3.1Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight