THE RHODES SCHOOL Employee Reviews

Unacceptable
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2018
Poor organization. Seems as though the concern is all about money and more campuses than providing quality support and training to staff members. Administrations shows very poor leadership skills and appreciation for staff.
Pros
Small organization, opportunities for establishing meaningful relationships with colleagues.
Cons
Poor job security, zero opportunities for advancement, and communication is horrible.
Great experience!
Founder/Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Houston, TexasNovember 1, 2018
The experience strengthened my focus and improved my ability to be flexible in changing situations. I had the opportunity to utilize all of my skills and gain new ones.
Friendly work environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 22, 2018
While working with the Rhodes School I have had the privilege to work along the side of great people that inspires you to do your best. The two position has given me the foundation needed to pursue my dreams and desires for the future as well as the desire to press forward into creating my owning business. While working with The Rhodes School I have gain so, knowledge in many areas of my career.
Typical Day
Manager/Secretary/ PEIMS Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 22, 2018
It was rather a typical day. Always busy in the mornings with phone calls and questions from parents. Making sure students are on time and in the classrooms etc.
Pros
Excellent job duties
Cons
Not enough staff
Overall
Teacher Aide/Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 11, 2017
The environment is very friendly and calm. You are sure to meet genuine people and possibly make beautiful friendships with some of the staff.

The low pay partnered with the amount of responsibility on one person can deter one from the job. If you love to work or can afford to work solely off of passion, this job could be great for you.
Unorganized
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXNovember 6, 2017
Unorganized ; Inconsistent; Procedures change Daily; the children run around like its a zoo; no one wants to take responsibility in their actions they just point the finger; seems like most of the employees are related to the owner; some staff members are rude, unfriendly , and talk unfriendly to the students
Worst Place Ever
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 30, 2016
This was the worst school I have ever had the misfortune to work at. Management is extremely devious and unorganized. They don't care about you they only care about making money. They do not clean the facilities so dirt and mold is everywhere. My classroom was cleaned one time, the day before school started. They will fire you just because and hire their friends or family members to replace you. Stay far away from this school.
Charter School
ELA Teacher (Former Employee) –  Galena Park, TXMay 16, 2017
I only worked here a year and from what I experienced it was not a bad place to work. I do not know what has changed over the years, but the programs and school vision is a worthy one. There is room for growth and advancement.
Productive work environment, but the management skills were poor.
Physical Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 13, 2015
Productive work environment, but the management skills were poor.
I really enjoyed teaching the kids, but it was hard to do my work with management always looking over my shoulder.
What a joke.
Administrator (Principal’s Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 25, 2017
This school is the most unorganized, crooked place I have ever worked. I honestly thought about reporting them to the news after completing my final 2 weeks, but I told myself, they will end up gettin caught or sued one day.

Want to know more about THE RHODES SCHOOL?

Ask a question
busy
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2017
Working with kids was wonderful. I had to learn different types of education software as well as financials. I had to learn AR, AP, as well as payroll and Human Resource
Pros
holidays
Cons
not enough pay
We Are Crew.
Teacher- 6th grade Writing/Science (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 26, 2015
Motto is:We are Crew … Not Passenger! At The Rhodes School, parents, students, teachers, and administrators are active participants in the learning process who work together as a team to accomplish the goal of producing outstanding student achievement.
cool place
Enrollments/Nutrition Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 2, 2014
ok place to work.....could use more organization. the atmosphere is very family like
Pros
a few
Cons
a few