The RMR Group Employee Reviews

Not a company that fosters success
Area Director of Engineering - GA (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 13, 2018
The RMR Group has a strategically planned culture of unrealistic and unattainable expectations. This puts associates and management alike in a defensive position from the first day of work because nobody can ever achieve their demands. It also sets up an advantageous background for the company to fire you any time.
Being a "yes" man [or woman] will never suffice to keep your job. I was targeted and set up for failure from day one on the job. Judging by my first meeting's all negative feedback from my superior, I should have been fired instantly. Every meeting I had was ALL negative. They gave me a title and position but I was never allowed even to hire one person. Everything goes through Boston, even drawing a breath. That is the company's prerogative but it is not a work environment conducive to achievements or progress. The stress accumulated in one year at this company was more than the combined stress of my entire career. I am happy I am out. Everything I was told in my interview, during my orientation and throughout my employment, everything was misleading statements and lies. Every single thing, from the scope of expectations, my role and my performance.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Unrealistic demands
Great people to work with
building engineer (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJMarch 28, 2018
I really enjoy the people I work with. This job is both fun and challenging. I never know what the day has in store for me, which can be good or bad. I definitely gained a lot of knowledge on all aspects of a building inside and out.
Pros
Great pay, great co-workers
Cons
Sometimes you have some "not-so-fun" jobs
Very Corporate
Asset Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAAugust 28, 2017
The office was very corporate and relatively quiet. It was expected to be working hard and quietly. Most of the work was done independently, rather than being team based.
Great Company
Corporate Tax Intern (Former Employee) –  Newton, MASeptember 23, 2016
I Intern there and enjoy the culture and workload. Supervisor and management are nice and helpful. Learned a lot from the experience. They cultivate intern by intern learning lunch.