The RMR Group

The RMR Group Employee Reviews

Great group of people, great benefits.
Mostly good things to say. My position feels like a step below what I was used to at my previous job, which is good in some ways but takes a little getting used to. Coming from third party management, a lot more is controlled by various parts of the company. It can be challenging to make real changes.
Pros
Good benefits, better pay, and a little less responsibility for the same title.
Cons
Too controlled
One of the best companies to work for.
I have been with The RMR Group for 12 years and I must say they are the best. Managers and employees all get along well and complete any and all tasks as a team. Being in the engineering side of the company I see a lot and I always come and leave my place of work with a smile.
I didn't want my contract to end...
People and culture were key to my success at The RMR Group. Despite a large turnover during my short tenure, I felt the company made great efforts to create a cohesive, high-quality working environment. Working onsite was required unless absolutely impossible. This created optimal communication, a sense of high trust and overall positive repoire that is hard to find in the workplace today.
Pros
Communication, trust, respect, challenge
Cons
Instability, too many reorganizations, inability to follow through on initiatives with turnover
Productive and Friendly
A typical day at RMR Group is greeting customers and making sure the office ran smoothly with supplies and anything else that was needed.
I learned to file leasing documents, and Help distribute rent statements to tenants every month.

Management was VERY helpful with training questions I had and assisting me with anything that I needed to know and very hands on.

The workplace culture was a mixture but everyone respected everyone and assisted if needed to.

The hardest part was making sure I did everything properly and remember all the training.

The most enjoyable part of the job was making sure the office had the things they needed to get through the day
Poor Management Culture
The most restrictive environment I have ever worked in. No room for advancement and extremely poor communication. Silos everywhere. The politics are subtle and pervasive. The executive staff are poor decision makers relying on false information. Many problems related to unethical behavior. Pay is attractive but longevity is non-existent.
Pros
Bagel Fridays
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Good Manager
Liked the team I worked with in office, upper management needs to talk the advice of the office staff in the field. took a long time to get anything done
Duty
A typical day at work depends on the season, some day can be relax when others can very very challenge.
I have learned how to work under pressure.

I manage to work on different projects at the same time.

The hardest part of my job is the year end because there is a lot to do and most of them is done once a year.

I enjoy filing monthly sales and use tax.
Awful management
The management is terrible, its a cut throat environment. There is no work/life balance and they are all very negative people. Its a very toxic, negative environment all around.
Pros
Free Parking, bagels on Fridays
Cons
Management, location, work/life balance
Not a company that fosters success
The RMR Group has a strategically planned culture of unrealistic and unattainable expectations. This puts associates and management alike in a defensive position from the first day of work because nobody can ever achieve their demands. It also sets up an advantageous background for the company to fire you any time.
Being a "yes" man [or woman] will never suffice to keep your job. I was targeted and set up for failure from day one on the job. Judging by my first meeting's all negative feedback from my superior, I should have been fired instantly. Every meeting I had was ALL negative. They gave me a title and position but I was never allowed even to hire one person. Everything goes through Boston, even drawing a breath. That is the company's prerogative but it is not a work environment conducive to achievements or progress. The stress accumulated in one year at this company was more than the combined stress of my entire career. I am happy I am out. Everything I was told in my interview, during my orientation and throughout my employment, everything was misleading statements and lies. Every single thing, from the scope of expectations, my role and my performance.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Unrealistic demands
Unprofessional Management
Management is not the most professional and does not have the best interest of their employees. I learned a lot through my bosses, however other leadership in the company made it hard to stay at the company long term.
Great people to work with
I really enjoy the people I work with. This job is both fun and challenging. I never know what the day has in store for me, which can be good or bad. I definitely gained a lot of knowledge on all aspects of a building inside and out.
Pros
Great pay, great co-workers
Cons
Sometimes you have some "not-so-fun" jobs
My day at rmr group
Very consistent environment. The culture in the work place has its up and downs but overall, it's a great place to work. My job is not hard but accuracy is vitally important. I enjoy working with my team. We have fun but we get the job done.
Most of the work for the company is good
A typical day was busy and went quick. I didn't think my direct manager was very organized so my growth was minimal. Culture is good to work in. Hardest part of the job was working with my direct report. The best part of the day was that it went quick with all of the work.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Manager unorganized
Great work place
good work environment.
Learned new management skills.

like any other workplace has its own shortfalls in a few things.

But over all i'd recommend this company.
Very Corporate
The office was very corporate and relatively quiet. It was expected to be working hard and quietly. Most of the work was done independently, rather than being team based.
The learning experience was worth the job
The learning experience was worth the jobI stayed with the job so long that I wanted it to last forever sometimes you get good managers sometimes you get bad ones
Good place to work. Decent pay and benefits, hard work is rewarded. Work is challenging. Smart, dedicated staff. Not a lot of part-time or flex-time options but management is supportive and fair.
Great Company
I Intern there and enjoy the culture and workload. Supervisor and management are nice and helpful. Learned a lot from the experience. They cultivate intern by intern learning lunch.