THE ROADHOUSE Employee Review

View all THE ROADHOUSE reviews

Fun, busy and sometimes difficult.
Bartender/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIMay 20, 2014
This is a neighborhood bar and grill joint and depending on the season would be a hopping place to work on the weekends. Friday nights were the busiest when we would have the all you can eat fish. Working these Friday nights has taught me how to multi task and hustle because are income depended on it. The hardest part about the job was trying to get a balance between the kitchen and the waitstaff. As the waitress you accommodate the patron as much as possible and sometimes that went differently with the cooks. The most enjoyable was the patrons. I am a people person and I loved the familiarity with the customers.
Pros
Discounted food, familiarity with customers, laughter.
Cons
No management, no advancement, no trust.

Other THE ROADHOUSE Employee Reviews

Easy but demanding work, fun atmosphere.
Day Cook (Current Employee) –  Vermillion, SDMarch 2, 2018
A typical day at work included cooking food for customers, prepping food for the dinner rush and general cleaning. One skill that I learned while working there is the ability to handle immediate problems and quickly find solutions. The management is fun and understanding. The other employees are fun to work with. The hardest part of my job is learning all of the items on the menu. the most enjoyable part is when the dinner rush just finished and the entire crew can talk and joke with each other while closing.
Pros
Discount meals
Cons
No benefits. Could be called in at any time.
Stressful but fun
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IASeptember 16, 2017
They are permanently close but if I have to write a review I guess I will. I liked all the people I worked with here and the job itself was okay, but there would be time where I couldn't deposit my paycheck because there was no money in the companies account. This happened quite often.
Pros
Great people.
Cons
Couldn't cash paycheck sometimes.