The Robison Group Employee Reviews

Beware
Desktop investigator (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 18, 2018
Apply if you must but this is a racist company. If you are a black male do not apply here. The staff refused to train me and I was fired after three days on the job because I was meeting their "benchmarks"
Lack of communication
Part Time At Will Professional Investigator (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 18, 2017
TRG is a feast and famine company, you are either working seven days a week with no breaks or you are not working for weeks at a time.

The communication with supervision is great when you are on a case and horrible when you are not.
Pros
paid for all work in some manner
Cons
no ability to have a life outside of work
I likke the work and the company
Investigator (part time) (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 11, 2017
Great company to work for. Advancement seems to be unlikely. Great leadership and I hope we continue to be growing and profitable. No pay raises in 3 1/2 years. I can work my own hours and take time off when I want to.
Pros
Great leadership and company structure
Cons
Not enough work for full time
Good Work PLace
Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIDecember 31, 2016
Straight to the point, quiet work place. Not much distraction so work gets done. Comfortable environment to work in. Intake is the backbone of the company so mistakes are not allowed.
Pros
Ability to work from home on occasion.
Cons
No ability to move up in company. Human error not allowed.
Did not work there very long
Private Investigator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 25, 2016
I was not with this company for a very ling time, but the time I spent there was enjoyable and the people were very supportive.
Decent job but could use better management
Private Investigator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 4, 2015
In my short time with the company, I had 3 Field Operation Managers and only one of which was somewhat organized and seemed to actually care about those working under him. My co-workers were friendly. They attempted to take away my salary after 3 months with the company and laid me off after six months because they were not able to drum up enough business to warrant as many investigators as they staffed. I was not given forewarning of being laid off but the signs were there. I was not satisfied with the company.

The job required a lot of traveling, and wasn't as monotonous as I thought it would be. It was enjoyable for the most part but the management could be better.
Pros
paid for mileage, food reimbursements when traveling, decent pay
Cons
long hours, poor management, wear and tear on your vehicle
alright for an office job
Video Specialist (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIFebruary 6, 2015
my main problem was that the work was tedious and repetitive, and there were no opportunities for advancement in the industry I'm interested in
advancement was possible within the company only, there were no observable connections to other companies, and there were not a lot of obvious benefits to promotion
benefits were poor/lacking, as was vacation time
wage was fair for necessary skills involved/work completed daily, very little actual skill required for day to day tasks
Pros
regular hours, good wage, good communication with boss
Cons
poor benefits/vacation, little to no opportunity for advancement, at-will employment